Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if mark holland from newbridge will be going around again this year???from round one or will he make his usual comeback about half way through...i know his knees are rooted and was wondering how he has been going,he doesnt run much in cricket..a handy slogger though..
from all reports he has been to some trainings, knees never been the same since he hurt them a good two or three years ago. he will probably start out in the 2's but who knows what will happen as the season progresses. yeah, can hit a cricket ball a fair distance!:thumbsu:

from all reports he has been to some trainings, knees never been the same since he hurt them a good two or three years ago. he will probably start out in the 2's but who knows what will happen as the season progresses. yeah, can hit a cricket ball a fair distance!:thumbsu:

thanks rockafella..from what i hear there wont be goalsquares big enough to fit holland,shevlin and reed wills in them...all handy players though

Yer and while Sam Milner has some talent I would be surprised if he is committed enough to play week in week out. While I think Marong will lift up the ladder a bit the ''Marong to return to their winning ways'' might have been a bit much with their last Premiership coming in 1989 and plenty of years since then absent from the finals action.

Short memory OTM. Marong played off in the Grand Final in 2004 and played in week two of the finals in 2005. One year out of the finals hardly qualifies as "plenty".

As far as Sam Milner goes, we can only hope Collingwood keep losing!

North Bendigo won 3 games last year, so a 4 goal win isn't much to write home about, especially when you line up against a side like Newbridge in round 1.

I never mentioned anything about it being a good win, simply a good hit out. Given the season last year, 2007 is showing significantly more promise but still with a fair way to go yet.

I wouldn't go and hang your hat on the results of Round 1.

Short memory OTM. Marong played off in the Grand Final in 2004 and played in week two of the finals in 2005. One year out of the finals hardly qualifies as "plenty".

As far as Sam Milner goes, we can only hope Collingwood keep losing!

You might want to have a look at the team that Marong had when they played off in the granny in 2004 a lot of talent lost since then with wayne landry, micka pratt and lee franklin all gone jsut to mention a few. Not to mention Andrew Barry being another loss this season. No doubt Sammy Milner is a great player but living in melbourne might make it hard to keep up the motivation to come back and play all season. While Marong have had some good pick ups i really dont think they will be as strong with the Losses they have had.

and as for the new players 'more than compensating' you could hardly say they have been 'dedicated' to pre season.

will be interesting see the team sheets in the paper tommorow... from memory newbridge were notorious for submitting fake teams, more noteably the time 70's adult movie star Johnny Holmes lined up the bench for them....;)

You might want to have a look at the team that Marong had when they played off in the granny in 2004 a lot of talent lost since then with wayne landry, micka pratt and lee franklin all gone jsut to mention a few. Not to mention Andrew Barry being another loss this season. No doubt Sammy Milner is a great player but living in melbourne might make it hard to keep up the motivation to come back and play all season. While Marong have had some good pick ups i really dont think they will be as strong with the Losses they have had.

and as for the new players 'more than compensating' you could hardly say they have been 'dedicated' to pre season.

Marong certainly don't have the team that went around in 2004 and won't be as strong as that side. I was never comparing the 2004 side with this years, simply that the 2007 side will be much more competitive than last years.

As far as the new players go, the Thompson twins would certainly 'compensate' for the loss of Ned, Leighton Dullard for Kenny, and we would hope that Franky is right to play before the end of the season.

Fair point about the dedication to preseason however a fair bit of this has to do with late signings. Marong wouldn't be the only club in this boat.

Marong certainly don't have the team that went around in 2004 and won't be as strong as that side. I was never comparing the 2004 side with this years, simply that the 2007 side will be much more competitive than last years.

As far as the new players go, the Thompson twins would certainly 'compensate' for the loss of Ned, Leighton Dullard for Kenny, and we would hope that Franky is right to play before the end of the season.

Fair point about the dedication to preseason however a fair bit of this has to do with late signings. Marong wouldn't be the only club in this boat.
have marong only won 1 senior flag in their history hellboy?
My experience of marong was they celebrated to hard for just winning and were content with their 04 seasonin both grades after playing well in a final and not fronting up to play the same brand the next week, looks like they have some quality recruits this year hopefully some of the players of 04 will come back to club like alford and dalton very underated duo and i hear a whisper that jarrad dean is back in town

My experience of marong was they celebrated to hard for just winning and were content with their 04 seasonin both grades after playing well in a final and not fronting up to play the same brand the next week, looks like they have some quality recruits this year hopefully some of the players of 04 will come back to club like alford and dalton very underated duo and i hear a whisper that jarrad dean is back in town

Actually ... !!!

Marong Football Club (Vic)

Guernseys & Nicknames :
1995 - Marong were known as the Panthers.

Timeline :
1926-27 - Bendigo JFA : Marong participated.
1929 - Bendigo DFA : Marong participated.
1946-50 - Bendigo FA : Marong participated.
1975-80 - Golden City FL : Marong participated.
1981 - Bendigo-Golden City FL Division 2 : Marong participated.
1982 - Bendigo-Golden City FL Division 2 : Marong's final season in this league.
1983 - Loddon Valley FL : Marong commenced.
1984-88 - Loddon Valley FL : Marong participated.
1989 - Loddon Valley FL : Marong were premiers.
1990-92 - Loddon Valley FL - Marong were a powerful club.
1993-94 - Loddon Valley FL : Marong participated.
1995 - Loddon Valley FL : Marong finished 9th (last).
1996-99 - Loddon Valley FL : Marong participated.
2000 - Loddon Valley FL (August 12) : Inglewood 13.13.91 defeated Marong 5.12.42.
2001-04 - Loddon Valley FL : Marong participated.

wot was the year the marong boys got the panther tattoo on the ankles a few days prior to the granny
then went out and lost the granny
tatts applied just a few days too erly as it turned out
that wasn't 2004 was it h-boy :confused: :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think late signing was the case with all the new players not rocking up to train.

fair to say this year will be more than competitve than last years team, and hopefully it is. But i dont think the players were all that was wrong with the reason for the loss's last year either.

No doubt these new recruits are good, but probably best to wait until the season starts to say for sure. Just saying that i think the loss of players like Andrew barry, Ned, Micka and Franky will impact the team regardless of picking up new players. You could definately see the difference just with ned stopping.

Unfortunately senior premierships have been few and far between at Marong. 1989 is our only premiership with 2004 being the only other GF played in.

Celebrating certainly was high on the agenda in 04. Consistency in finals wasn't great for either grade. I don't think the two have much to do with each other.

wot was the year the marong boys got the panther tattoo on the ankles a few days prior to the granny
then went out and lost the granny
tatts applied just a few days too erly as it turned out
that wasn't 2004 was it h-boy :confused: :confused:

That's news to me 5th Q. The only GF Marong have lost is 2004 and I'd be certain that no one went out and got a Panther tattoo prior to that match.

There was some talk of this happening in the early 90's when Marong were a strong side. We never played in a GF though.

But i dont think the players were all that was wrong with the reason for the loss's last year either.

No doubt these new recruits are good, but probably best to wait until the season starts to say for sure. Just saying that i think the loss of players like Andrew barry, Ned, Micka and Franky will impact the team regardless of picking up new players. You could definately see the difference just with ned stopping.[/quote]

It was a lack of players that was the reason for the losses last year. The only other reason I can think of is that the most of the other teams had better players!

What other reasons can there be Larg?

I think Billy Grant is still celebrating!
Im pretty sure Billy has his focus on the miti boys performing this year

It was a lack of players that was the reason for the losses last year. The only other reason I can think of is that the most of the other teams had better players!

What other reasons can there be Larg?

Fair enough there was a lack of players and other teams were good. The players Marong had last year wernt bad and should have possibly done better than they did. from what i hear there were a few issues that had an impact on things.

hopefully they have a better season this year

Newbridge all the way, would be good to see all 3 footy teams premiers like calival have nearly been doing for the last few years but i think that there time is up in the grand final, Also would be nice to see Newbridge get a few teams in netball through to the finals:cool:

Newbridge all the way, would be good to see all 3 footy teams premiers like calival have nearly been doing for the last few years but i think that there time is up in the grand final, Also would be nice to see Newbridge get a few teams in netball through to the finals:cool:

Would be good of Calivil to share it around!
From what I've heard Newbridge football seems to be pretty strong. Also, heard that many clubs are struggling for netballers but Newbridge have more than they need and have alot of depth. Could be their year!:D

Starting to wind up the recruiting period for the Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League ... applications are drying up ... but would still love to get at least to four teams!

(69 players, 11 more to enable a fourth team!)

METRO VIC (25 players)
Diamond Valley FL (10)
1. Kickass (Div 1 / Eltham)
2. mattyr (Div 1 Bundoora)
3. Iceman27 (Div 2 / Wallan)
4. Force (Div 2 / Watsonia)
5. Bubble Wrap (Div 2 / Watsonia)
6. Giveyathemail (Div ? / Lalor)
7. Jewelsandbullet (Div ? / Montmorency)
8. Dv_Worm (Div ? / Coburg Amateurs)
9. rompermfc (Div 2 / Macleod)
10. ifyoucandodgeawrench

VFL & VAFA (Vic) (7)
1. can't mark can't kick (VAFA / D1)
2. harper (VAFA / D2 / South Melbourne Districts)
3. youngblood (VAFA / D2 / Aquinas)
4. The Tigers Nuts (VAFA / D3 / Old Westbourne)
5. the lemon wedge (Port Melbourne / VFL)
6. Joe Dirt (VAFA / A Grade)
7. FitzroyRamone (VAFA / C Grade / Fitzroy Reds)

Essendon DFL (5)
1. Subway (Essendon DFL)
2. colgate (Essendon DFL / Strathmore)
3. coreybrown (Essendon DFL)
4. litening (Essendon DFL / Airport West)
5. oldfashiondefender (Essendon DFL)

Western Region FL (3)
1. Gemini17 (WRFL Div 2)
2. Blueboy16 (WRFL Div 2)
3. thesilkmeister (Western Region FL)
x. the lemon wedge (WRFL Div 1 / Port Colts) - VFL / Port Melbourne (Bigfooty RL FFL)

WEST MELB & WEST VIC (20 players)
Riddell DFL (4)
1. billylid (Riddell DFL)
2. Itsmyshow (Riddell DFL)
3. Trublueroo (Riddell DFL)
4. Bluecrew #2 (Riddell DFL)

Western, Mallee, Wimmera (9)
1. Bakers_Patrons (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
2. Centre Sqaure (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
3. clifton's lookalike (Central Murray FL / Tyntynder)
4. Whispers (Geelong FL)
5. The Prawn (Millewa FL)
6. MasterOfROC (North Central FL / St Arnaud)
7. ALWHTE (Mininera & DFL)
8. theopacman (Western Border FL / Hamilton Imperials)
9. sheep dogger (Geelong FL)

Bendigo FL / Loddon Valley FL (7)
1. gerta (Loddon Valley FL)
2. A_JET8 (Bendigo FL)
3. Norfolk & Clew (Bendigo FL / Golden Square)
4. max powers. (Bendigo FL)
5. The fatman (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
6. davis 24 (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
7. Courageunderfire (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
x. caveman (Bendigo FL / Kangaroo Flat) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)
x. maroon and blue (Bendigo FL / Eaglehawk) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)

EASTERN MELB, EASTERN VIC & OUTSIDE VIC (24 players)
Northern, North-Eastern, Eastern & Gippsland regions (15)
1. FOOTYBOSS (Goulburn Valley FL)
2. Johnny Tapp (Goulburn Valley FL)
3. Zippa (Goulburn Valley FL)
4. Joeyboy (Kyabram DFL)
5. VT#23 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
6. sparra (Kyabram DFL)
7. The Iceman #49 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
8. iwantanotherflag (Picola & DFL / Katandra)
9. Slush Puppy (Kyabram DFL)
10. Darc21 (Ovens & Murray FL / Wangaratta Rovers)
11. goodies (Ellinbank DFL)
12. Marto121 (Picola & DFL)
13. slugga (YVMDFL)
14. MadMan V1.2 (Southern FL / Div 3 / Skye)
15. More Than A Game (Tallangatta DFL)
x. Pie4Life (MPNFL) - Dragons (Sweet FA)
x. OldMav (MPNFL) - Bigfooty Bombers (Sweet FA)
x. Frankston Rover (MPNFL) - Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)
x. diablo14 - (MPNFL) Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)

Outside Victoria (9)
1. Bella Buffalo (South Africa)
2. cckid (Ontario AFL / Canada)
3. roorat (Northern Tasmanian FA / Deloraine)
4. bakerman (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Kingborough)
5. head67 (Riverina FL)
6. morphous (Queensland)
7. SJM41 (Queensland / ? FL / Redland)
8. Injury prone (WAFL / Perth)
9. billybrownless16 (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Lauderdale)
x.Ljp86 (WAFL / Subiaco) - Dragons FC (Sweet FA)

Note : Players numbered x. are players who are only available under permit. They do not count amongst the 20 players required for a team, as if they are unavailable just one week, then that team will be unable to field a full contingent. The team's for which these players are primarily registered, are listed alongside the players' names.[/QUOTE]

Would be good of Calivil to share it around!
From what I've heard Newbridge football seems to be pretty strong. Also, heard that many clubs are struggling for netballers but Newbridge have more than they need and have alot of depth. Could be their year!:D

Mate you dont share premierships around. You take them away. I played for Calivil in 2000. Very good club, good people! Having good locals helps. Maxteds, Ralphs, Clymos.

Mate you dont share premierships around. You take them away. I played for Calivil in 2000. Very good club, good people! Having good locals helps. Maxteds, Ralphs, Clymos.

Mate they wont have to try to share there premiership around this year, Last year they werent far from lossing it and this year they defintly will lose it. Other teams improve and in my opinion they think that 'well we have won for the last heaps of years' so why would they want to recruit and get any better???? Also if they think that theres a player that they think will have a big impact on the game i feel they will go for them and not stop until they are really hurt and cant play.:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back