Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footy news I/wood lost to Nth Bendigo in Maryborough night series by 2 goals and B/Water lost to Maryborough 2nds but looked more like a mixture of 2nds and 3rds.

Footy news I/wood lost to Nth Bendigo in Maryborough night series by 2 goals and B/Water lost to Maryborough 2nds but looked more like a mixture of 2nds and 3rds.

Yes I heard bith I/wood and Bridgey had young teams in. I/wood will have a number of guys available after the cricket Grand Final involving Kingower and I/Wood is over this weekend. Although might be a few on a drinking binge after a premiership!!!

Yes I heard bith I/wood and Bridgey had young teams in. I/wood will have a number of guys available after the cricket Grand Final involving Kingower and I/Wood is over this weekend. Although might be a few on a drinking binge after a premiership!!!

good 2 see this forum is still operating although cant believe the lack of posts from members. this league must have some news and rumours ive got a few mates that play in this league and they have informed me that its going to be a very interesting season. unlike previous year calival will not be a premiership side. with the recruits ycw, newbridge have received seems like its gona be 1 great year so lets all giv me some news on recruits,coaches, departures etc. to give readers something to talk about:)

good 2 see this forum is still operating although cant believe the lack of posts from members. this league must have some news and rumours ive got a few mates that play in this league and they have informed me that its going to be a very interesting season. unlike previous year calival will not be a premiership side. with the recruits ycw, newbridge have received seems like its gona be 1 great year so lets all giv me some news on recruits,coaches, departures etc. to give readers something to talk about:)

I think it would be very dangerous to say Calivil are out of the Premiership race. While it be a big challenge like last season to come up trumphs they have the very strong mental edge against all sides in the comp. They have picked one handy forward that played a half a season their previously.
Anyone one know how Serp went last night?

I think it would be very dangerous to say Calivil are out of the Premiership race. While it be a big challenge like last season to come up trumphs they have the very strong mental edge against all sides in the comp. They have picked one handy forward that played a half a season their previously.
Anyone one know how Serp went last night?

Hetherington will probably be playing as well. Calivil will be very good again. You cant take the knowledge of how to win away just like Mounts in the HDFL.

Hetherington will probably be playing as well. Calivil will be very good again. You cant take the knowledge of how to win away just like Mounts in the HDFL.
watch out for miti i think they will b the 1 to look out for. they've done the best preseason out of every 1 and billys got them boys in top form:D

Mitiamo must be very happy with regaining the services of Ross Smith (AKA Jarsy) this year. Seen him play a few games out in the HDFL last year and was very solid across half back and created a lot of drive. His kicking was from full back was a big plus for the saints as well hard to replace!!! Will create a lot of headaches out there....

Heard that Birchmore has got the boys at pyramid hill ready to tear the loddon valley apart this year. lost a few big names but with 8 seniors signings and a couple of young blokes out there tearing it apart on the track look ready for a massive year. Should be very hard to beat and by the sounds of things and should be a better side than last year!!

does anyone no if marong lost andy barry too? thatl be hard for them he was half the side. and i think out of the runner up grandfinal u/17s side 2 yrs ago they have 1 player out of all them boys they didnt bother trying to keep the young blokes there even though a few of them are pretty handy and hav a look at how they are now slowly goin down the sh*ter that club. and i heard that they lost that lttle micka pratt i think he went to miti thats also a big loss itl b hard for them for a while but goodluck to them hopfully they can get back on there feet.

Heard that Birchmore has got the boys at pyramid hill ready to tear the loddon valley apart this year. lost a few big names but with 8 seniors signings and a couple of young blokes out there tearing it apart on the track look ready for a massive year. Should be very hard to beat and by the sounds of things and should be a better side than last year!!

If Birchmore is taking kicking practice then expect some wayward shots from the Pyramid boys

Lets hoping this rain will help the grounds in LVFL. How are the Inglewood and Bridgy ovals looking?
Also, who wants to have a stab at this years top 5 final teams. I know its early but why not;)
Here's a stab:
YCW, Pyramid, Calivil, Mitiamo, Newbridge. What are your thoughts?

Miti all the way??? That's a big statement considering they didn't make finals last year. I think they'll be in the mix, but what do you know that we dont? Who are their new recruits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miti all the way??? That's a big statement considering they didn't make finals last year. I think they'll be in the mix, but what do you know that we dont? Who are their new recruits?

There was a good turn out for their intraclub. Quite a few fresh faces apparently. Wicksy couldnt quite understand the new rules about hands in the back:D

yeh last yr they didnt do that well but the had 6 injuries in 1 game and some bad 1 too. not sure of all the new recruits but their is a few. plus couple of last yrs good injured players are fitt and back their best. they will surprise a few. i give you the hot tip!!

Lets hoping this rain will help the grounds in LVFL. How are the Inglewood and Bridgy ovals looking?
Also, who wants to have a stab at this years top 5 final teams. I know its early but why not;)
Here's a stab:
had rain up this way early in week, more for friday night & sat. here's hoping. Grounds should come up alright if thier right on forcast. I'woods oval has been airaighted early in week so if rains come as forcast it could come up OK. Gutsy go at top 5 so early on, think i'll look at the first couple of games before I even think about it, but well done for having a go.

Here's a stab:

I reckon Serp might be a chance for the 5 and unless Pyramid has another ruckman to follow up on Al Morris I dont know about them. They have good onballers but maybe wont get the ball like they used to first.

In order

Calivil, Newbridge,YCW, Pyramid, Serp, just in front of Mitiamo

Any upcoming practice matches coming up for anybody? I have heard that Newbridge are playing Elmore this weekend and YCW are playing Wandella can anybody confirm these?

does anyone no if marong lost andy barry too? thatl be hard for them he was half the side. and i think out of the runner up grandfinal u/17s side 2 yrs ago they have 1 player out of all them boys they didnt bother trying to keep the young blokes there even though a few of them are pretty handy and hav a look at how they are now slowly goin down the sh*ter that club. and i heard that they lost that lttle micka pratt i think he went to miti thats also a big loss itl b hard for them for a while but goodluck to them hopfully they can get back on there feet.
I think mity might need kennys brother to paly for them if they have any chance of dethroning the mighty demons who will win five in a row from birchys dogs

pyramid played host to boort on sat....pretty good hit out for both sides. birchy seems to be gettin a handy side up and going in the hill. close match with a few out from each side

I can confirm Andy Barry is going back to Sea Lake but will probably be heading interstate mid season. While Andy is an exceptional footballer, I don't quite think he's half the side. Big loss all the same.

Kenny is yet another Marong footballer poached by Mitiamo.

pyramid played host to boort on sat....pretty good hit out for both sides. birchy seems to be gettin a handy side up and going in the hill. close match with a few out from each side

Yer Pyramid should still line up resonable. Did anyone hear how the Calivil vs Huntly practice match went?

This Wednesday Serp take on North Dogs in the Marybrough night series Grand Final.

Yer Pyramid should still line up resonable. Did anyone hear how the Calivil vs Huntly practice match went?

This Wednesday Serp take on North Dogs in the Marybrough night series Grand Final.

How did Newbridge go in their last praccy match. Did any of their new recruits standout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back