Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the best thing about newbridge is that all the morons and w@nkers are all at the one club so it makes all the other clubs in the league that much better. Just don't like 'em full stop. Calivil are working back into form and can start to see 5 in a row becoming more of a reality.

Its funny how people stereotype clubs when im sure they havent even scratched the surface. Without knowing who you are, How the hell would you know what the club is about and the calibre of people there.

You still havent given a valid reason for your hatred and I doubt you will because you wont have a leg to stand on to defend yourself.

As for money buying premierships in country footy.. Of course it does, it always will do. It's sad, but it happens. Suck it up and move on. Newbridge would be spending the norm in the league on players, definatley not a great deal of money TO burn at the clubs in the LVFL.

As for money buying premierships in country footy.. Of course it does, it always will do. It's sad, but it happens. Suck it up and move on. Newbridge would be spending the norm in the league on players, definatley not a great deal of money TO burn at the clubs in the LVFL.

Maybe everyone bar calivil!!!!!

it's not a sterotype of Newbridge it's a pattern of behaviour. I don't hate newbridge at all, but they pretty much stamped themselves as the side i dislike the most last year in the Prelim final. The game was lost so blokes like Carson (and not on his own either) went looking to belt blokes, knowing full well that they wouldn't want to hit him back for fear of suspension and missing playing in a grand final (and premiership). Now i'm not saying he was the only one doing it and i'm not saying a couple of calivil blokes didn't throw a couple either, but that is what you come to expect from Newbridge, if things aren't going their way they spit the dummy and want to take their ball and go home. Same thing this year when we played them, lipping off at every oppurtunity big noting themselves and declaring themselves over the line for the flag.

They do have some quality people out at the club unfortunately they have a few peanuts who really make the club look bad.

I'm pretty sure carson had a valid excuse after earlier in the year when a Calival bloke shattered his jaw behind play before the game even started...

Not once have a heard a player from Newbridge declare themselves for the flag. But, if your on top, why not be cocky. Calival were the same over the last few years and they had plenty of reason to lip. Its part of footy.

Anyway enough of that.

I'm pretty sure carson had a valid excuse after earlier in the year when a Calival bloke shattered his jaw behind play before the game even started...

Not once have a heard a player from Newbridge declare themselves for the flag. But, if your on top, why not be cocky. Calival were the same over the last few years and they had plenty of reason to lip. Its part of footy.

Anyway enough of that.

If he had a valid excuse for doing it (which is rubbish) why did he wait until the last quarter when they were 12 goals down? and why did he try to belt anyone with a calivil jumper on? POOR FORM I say.

Newbridge can go on being as cocky as they like, it's something that will never change, but to say Calivil have been cocky over the past few years is crazy talk, you wouldn't meet a more down to earth club in the league.

Only three weeks to go before finals so we will have to wait and see.

Frankenfarter, you are a tossa. While Newbridge certainly have some paid players, we would not be paying out as much as a couple of other clubs in the 5. If you knew anything about the club, the recruits over the past 2 years have had an involvement at some stage with the club over the years and due to Newbridge being a popular club that creates an intrest for others to follow. Tall poppy syndrome at it's best.
The people that matter at Newbridge have a great respect for Calivil for what they have done over the past 4-5 years, due to getting former players back to the club and then recruiting others to strengthen their list.
By the way, Newbridge can assure itself top spot this week, but will have to beat an inform Mitiamo. Newbridge by 2-3 goals.

of course they are going to be a popular club, when you pay every tom, dick and harry to come out to play, Mitiamo are a popular club every three or four years, Serp is a popular club if your older than 35 and still think your worth $250 a week.

It's the furtherest thing from Tall Poppy Syndrome, i don't reckon i would be alone in my dislike of Newbridge. Not jealous of the success that they have on the football/netball field (which Brent Dyer throughly deserves for his ability to recruit good footballers to the club) but more so for the attitude of the collective club when they play other clubs. To have a group of supporters who belittle all players from all grades of football throughout the day doesn't portray a good club to me, it's a disgrace.

That is why i dislike them so much.

In saying all of that they should sew up top spot this weekend, lakey to take Haythorpe out of the game and then if they can close down wicks supplying the footy to lawry and morrisey the job should be done. Interest in who will end up playing calivil in the qualifying final though?

no maxipad required, just had an absolute gutsful of Newbridge. I suppose we just have to wait and see if money can still buy premierships in country footy.

Id like to know who all the blokes are that are getting paid these huge amounts of money? Start naming some names...

i never said anything about huge amounts of money, but i think it's a fair comment to say that newbridge would have the biggest player payments bill in the loddon valley. Especially after Pyramid lost Morris, Marschenani and Peter Bird at the end of last year.

Good luck to them, it didn't work for them last year but who knows it might work this year. Getting a little bit shaky though Scoble didn't work out, Wills is missing, Shevlin is missing, Grant has missed a few games, Gordon unfortunately might be finished. Would be a good effort to win it.

Flying ducks, who would spend more on players in the LVFL than Newbridge? Start naming clubs...

of course they are going to be a popular club, when you pay every tom, dick and harry to come out to play, Mitiamo are a popular club every three or four years, Serp is a popular club if your older than 35 and still think your worth $250 a week.

It's the furtherest thing from Tall Poppy Syndrome, i don't reckon i would be alone in my dislike of Newbridge. Not jealous of the success that they have on the football/netball field (which Brent Dyer throughly deserves for his ability to recruit good footballers to the club) but more so for the attitude of the collective club when they play other clubs. To have a group of supporters who belittle all players from all grades of football throughout the day doesn't portray a good club to me, it's a disgrace.

That is why i dislike them so much.

In saying all of that they should sew up top spot this weekend, lakey to take Haythorpe out of the game and then if they can close down wicks supplying the footy to lawry and morrisey the job should be done. Interest in who will end up playing calivil in the qualifying final though?

I agree with u.. Newbridge is a club full of thuds... starting in the junior footy... they go around smacking the little kids of the other towns... but no wonder they do it... look at the leadership shown from the 1's side...

i never said anything about huge amounts of money, but i think it's a fair comment to say that newbridge would have the biggest player payments bill in the loddon valley. Especially after Pyramid lost Morris, Marschenani and Peter Bird at the end of last year.

Good luck to them, it didn't work for them last year but who knows it might work this year. Getting a little bit shaky though Scoble didn't work out, Wills is missing, Shevlin is missing, Grant has missed a few games, Gordon unfortunately might be finished. Would be a good effort to win it.

Flying ducks, who would spend more on players in the LVFL than Newbridge? Start naming clubs...

Why do u think marschenani and peter bird were on big money... i have on good word that the reason marschenani was playing at the hill is because he wanted to play 1 more year of footy with his brother nick before heading of to a bigger club..... and i couldent see pete bird been on to much...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love the internet. Everyones e-word against everyone elses e-word, and they are never wrong, and can never back it up.
I'll admit i dont know jack about any other clubs, but I don't pretend I do...

Whilst some of the conversation is constructive a majority of it is pathetic and childish. But thats the internet for you. Gives the self proclaimed know it alls a voice, but no face.

Instead of shooting the shit about things you don't know anything about. Try talking about something you do.

Ah it had to happen i suppose, someone tries to take the high moral ground in a forum.

I don't know a lot about other clubs, all i do know is the behaviour i've put up when playing Newbridge over the past 3 years and the behaviour of every other club and there is a vast vast difference, that's where i form my opinion and like i said earlier i don't reckon i'm on my own there.

Ah it had to happen i suppose, someone tries to take the high moral ground in a forum.

I don't know a lot about other clubs, all i do know is the behaviour i've put up when playing Newbridge over the past 3 years and the behaviour of every other club and there is a vast vast difference, that's where i form my opinion and like i said earlier i don't reckon i'm on my own there.

Hey Frankenfurter do ya want a tissue mate!! U sure you don't play netball!!:p

Its funny how people stereotype clubs when im sure they havent even scratched the surface. Without knowing who you are, How the hell would you know what the club is about and the calibre of people there.

You still havent given a valid reason for your hatred and I doubt you will because you wont have a leg to stand on to defend yourself.

A refreshing view five fingers.... a voice of reason.

Couldn't agree with you more that money in footy is a fact of life and the way people go on about it like clubs have some super unfair advantage is laughable. The clubs who gets the best players gives them the best chance at a flag.... full stop. We know it doesnt guarantee a flag but if you have the $$ then why not let them go for it.

Clubs getting on their high horse and procalaiming they don't spend up on players is there choice but to think they are in anyway superior for doing so is just stupid.
Just look at Inglewood. They spruke about local talent all the time and first time they get a couple of semi decent players you would think they are going to win the next 3 premierships. This is why they are a laughing stock and will remain so for a long long time.

For interest sake i will list a 'Payments Ladder' for the LVFL from what i think would be the clubs spending the most cash this year:

Pyramid Hill
Mitiamo
YCW
Newbridge
Bridgewater
Marong
B/L Serp
Calivil
Inglewood

See what you others think?

For interest sake i will list a 'Payments Ladder' for the LVFL from what i think would be the clubs spending the most cash this year:

Pyramid Hill
Mitiamo
YCW
Newbridge
Bridgewater
Marong
B/L Serp
Calivil
Inglewood

way off for pyramid mate, they have cut back on the money, 80% playing for the love, there is a couple on good $ but dont every club have them, your right about calivil most play for nothing.

I'd go

Newbridge
Mitiamo
Serp
Calivil
YCW
Pyramid Hill
Ingelwood
Marong
Bridgewater

While Calivil have got plenty of local blokes i reckon they still pay them pretty well.

I reckon Mitiamo are making the most of having the grand final last year and are paying over the odds for a few players (Hayes, Boldiston, etc) and recruiting players like Haythorpe (although i think he goes out with one of the existing players sisters).

Newbridge for the calibre of players they have, must be paying out a good whack of dough and i'm sure they are.

Serp are paying older blokes money they would have got when they were 28 and shouldn't be getting at 38.

YCW would be pumping big cash into three or four players like McCormick, Lorring, Webb.

The rest would be paying there top liners and that would be it. Marong might be a lot higher with the thompsons and Jacob Dahl coming on board this year plus what they were paying last year. Maybe the bottom sides are the ones paying more money because they have to, so players acutally go there?

Wouldnt know I as I have nothing to do with the clubs in the league. And by the sound you have no clue at all. So unless you can give some hard facts then stop shooting your mouth off about the finances of a club you obviously know nothing about.

Pyramid Hill
Mitiamo
YCW
Newbridge
Bridgewater
Marong
B/L Serp
Calivil
Inglewood

i think ya full of s h i t... u need to swap pryramid hill and newbridge... then swap the hill gain with bridgewater... y do u think pyramid is spending so much money... who they spending it on...

I'd go

Newbridge
Mitiamo
Serp
Calivil
YCW
Pyramid Hill
Ingelwood
Marong
Bridgewater

While Calivil have got plenty of local blokes i reckon they still pay them pretty well.

I reckon Mitiamo are making the most of having the grand final last year and are paying over the odds for a few players (Hayes, Boldiston, etc) and recruiting players like Haythorpe (although i think he goes out with one of the existing players sisters).

Newbridge for the calibre of players they have, must be paying out a good whack of dough and i'm sure they are.

Serp are paying older blokes money they would have got when they were 28 and shouldn't be getting at 38.

YCW would be pumping big cash into three or four players like McCormick, Lorring, Webb.

The rest would be paying there top liners and that would be it. Marong might be a lot higher with the thompsons and Jacob Dahl coming on board this year plus what they were paying last year. Maybe the bottom sides are the ones paying more money because they have to, so players acutally go there?

You have to be kidding yourself to think calivil are paying 4th highest amount of coin having 13-15 if not more locals playing and mainly playing for success and with mates. I know for a fact that Phil Hetherington was on less than $100 a game so you tell me there are players there now that are better and worth more than him????????

just because they are locals doesn't mean they aren't going to be getting some sort of money. I reckon it's fantastic that they get them back there to play.

As for flying ducks comment, who apart from the player themselves and the treasurer would know what any player in the club is on? That's right no one. Of course it's all speculation about who is doing what. I'll have a crack at who i reckon is getting coin at each club

Newbridge to me would be paying more than match payments to Comer, Wills, Shevlin, both Giri's, Lakey, Ash Grant, Baxter, McLean, Nixon, Hughes, Mildren, Cam Grant,

Pyramid Chillcot, Birchmore, Pavlou, Thatcher, Gilchrist, Marscheni, Bird,

Calivil, Fremantle, Both Demeo's, The Maxted's, The Allen's,

YCW, Rob Bennett, Lorring, McCormick, Webb, Turner, Keating,

Miti, Wicks, Haythorpe, Morriesy, Pratt, Boldiston, Wills, Shannon Hayes, Craig Nicholls,

Serp, Maxted, Pointon, Gadsden, Cox, Mensforth (even if he is in the twos), Bateman, McMurray, McNally, Pollock, Welch,

Bridgey Ashman, Ant Collins, Alex Collins, Christie, Hall, Ferguson, Clutton

Ingelwood Billett, Kelly, Connally, Wilson,

Marong Rogers, Both Thompsons, Brad McCormick, Sudweeks, Gadsden, Dahl, Blandthorn,

All educated guesses, don't shoot me down, let me know if you think i've missed any.

just because they are locals doesn't mean they aren't going to be getting some sort of money. I reckon it's fantastic that they get them back there to play.

As for flying ducks comment, who apart from the player themselves and the treasurer would know what any player in the club is on? That's right no one. Of course it's all speculation about who is doing what. I'll have a crack at who i reckon is getting coin at each club

Newbridge to me would be paying more than match payments to Comer, Wills, Shevlin, both Giri's, Lakey, Ash Grant, Baxter, McLean, Nixon, Hughes, Mildren, Cam Grant,

Pyramid Chillcot, Birchmore, Pavlou, Thatcher, Gilchrist, Marscheni, Bird,

Calivil, Fremantle, Both Demeo's, The Maxted's, The Allen's,

YCW, Rob Bennett, Lorring, McCormick, Webb, Turner, Keating,

Miti, Wicks, Haythorpe, Morriesy, Pratt, Boldiston, Wills, Shannon Hayes, Craig Nicholls,

Serp, Maxted, Pointon, Gadsden, Cox, Mensforth (even if he is in the twos), Bateman, McMurray, McNally, Pollock, Welch,

Bridgey Ashman, Ant Collins, Alex Collins, Christie, Hall, Ferguson, Clutton

Ingelwood Billett, Kelly, Connally, Wilson,

Marong Rogers, Both Thompsons, Brad McCormick, Sudweeks, Gadsden, Dahl, Blandthorn,

All educated guesses, don't shoot me down, let me know if you think i've missed any.

There is getting coin and there is getting coin, what kind of coin do you think these players are on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back