London 2012 - Opening Ceremony

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it with McCartney technical **** ups. Just like Live Aid.

Good opening ceremony, not great though IMO.

The lighting of the cauldron/flame was unique, but really, will anyone remember that when you compare it to Ali lighting, or Cathy or the archer in Barcelona? NO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something not right about that ceremony, lacking self pride like a drug addict or something, can someone else elaborate...

It wasn't as spectacular as Beijing, it was a bit uneven, it had some really good parts but some dull parts as well.

I would probably give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

I don't have a problem with McCartney, I just have a problem with him singing Hey Jude for the millionth time. Why does he always sing this song?

It wasn't as spectacular as Beijing, it was a bit uneven, it had some really good parts but some dull parts as well.

I would probably give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.
For country with so much history they were very politically correct by glossing over their history,... was that it? Ashamed, very careful and racially aware, which in the end really sums up their demise as well, hhhmmm not sure about it all.

I loved it, especially the Mr Bean part.:D McCartney still has it, can't believe I saw someone even mentioning Meatloaf in the same sentence. Fireworks stuff was good, and the Olympic ring display was done really well.

Also really enjoyed the music montage part going through all the eras from the 60s.

All in all, well done Brits.

Remove this Banner Ad

London 2012 - Opening Ceremony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back