London 2012 - Opening Ceremony

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved it, especially the Mr Bean part.:D McCartney still has it, can't believe I saw someone even mentioning Meatloaf in the same sentence. Fireworks stuff was good, and the Olympic ring display was done really well.

Also really enjoyed the music montage part going through all the eras from the 60s.

All in all, well done Brits.

What are "Brits"?

Then how am I watching it now on 184?

9 have exclusive live rights to the opening and closing ceremonies. Foxtel basically weren't allowed to show it until Sunday EST. That why it started at 12 midnight. Foxtel have live access to all 302 medal events. That was the deal the two struck back in 2006 when they bidded for and won the rights for 2010 and 2012 Olympics.

Been watching the last 45 minutes with Foxtel commentators - Shirvo, Tracey Holmes and Rove. They were reading from the same script that 9 had, re what the organisers give to each broadcaster about the ceremony. Maybe it was because I was half a sleep last night, but they explain the whole technology/youngsters part of the ceremony a whole lot better than Eddie and co. And the Foxtel's ad libbing is better and more respectful of the nations and the athletes marching out into the stadium.

9 have exclusive live rights to the opening and closing ceremonies. Foxtel basically weren't allowed to show it until Sunday EST. That why it started at 12 midnight. Foxtel have live access to all 302 medal events. That was the deal the two struck back in 2006 when they bidded for and won the rights for 2010 and 2012 Olympics.

Been watching the last 45 minutes with Foxtel commentators - Shirvo, Tracey Holmes and Rove. They were reading from the same script that 9 had, re what the organisers give to each broadcaster about the ceremony. Maybe it was because I was half a sleep last night, but they explain the whole technology/youngsters part of the ceremony a whole lot better than Eddie and co. And the Foxtel's ad libbing is better and more respectful of the nations and the athletes marching out into the stadium.
Ah righto, makes sense :thumbsu:

TBH alot it felt more like something they should have done as a Closing Ceremony. Normally they save up all the "funny", ironic, and mickey-taking stuff for CC's....didn't we have Kath and Kim and a runaway lawn mower or something? Mr Bean and James Bond would have fit that role perfectly.

OCs are normally "serious" showcases of history and culture. A near-millennia as a world power and the Poms best showcase to the world is Mr Bean, cricket, and the NHS???

seeing The Queen have a laugh At herself was refreshing though.....

Ay2RFroCYAAM12P.jpg:large

Ms Leryn Franco will be launching the Javelin from 10am or 11.25am London time - depending on which qualifying group she is in - on Tuesday 7th August

Just a reminder boys Ms Franco (is in qualifying group no. B) will lauches the javelin from 8.25pm EST - Foxtel London London 3 will be showing it on delay at 9.03pm. They are taking Henry Frayne's triple jump qualification group beforehand.

Remove this Banner Ad

London 2012 - Opening Ceremony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back