Look out Crows fans ... If you are close at 3 quarter time the umpires will just start cheating ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Look out Crows fans ... If you are close at 3 quarter time the umpires will just start cheating

icrow32 said:
By the way Happpy PPSO Day!!

Lol.

BTW Crow-mo, you do realize you can quote more than one post at once, right?

Re: Look out Crows fans ... If you are close at 3 quarter time the umpires will just start cheating

We were reasonably competitive, however when we played Geelong earlier this year they didn't have close to half their back line out including both key defenders...

That's the spirit cupcake... if you couldn't beat them without the players they had missing yesterday, i doubt you ever will

You betcha , sugar. I realise where my team sit in the scheme of things.

Your team is just plain pyschotic!

Am currently praying to the all knowing Footy Gods that we can have a Buddy 2 goals 7 day also!:)
And that if there is a team we need to lose, they can manage to actually lose to the tankers! How much luck do you lot have ?????

Yeah a mark 60 metres out not paid just before half time won us a flag ???

Hmmmm if you say so, we did actually win by 8 points. I dont know why Geelong as still crying about that, we won both finals while Geelong lost both finals. As if the cats would have won the flag in 97 :rolleyes:

You crow fans in here must be very young. Don't remember much hey. Was a vital stage of the game in the last quarter. Would have made the difference. It was well inside 50. Get your DVD out.

Luckiest premiers ever. I want a rematch and i want it in Victoria. I also want half decent umpires.

ROFL. WTF are you on?? I want some..

Crows fans complaining about umpires is possibly the worst thing ever. Im on a grudge, you don't want it, they are not nice.

Ha ha ha. Colbert's mark??

Yeah-nah. Not quite a mark.

Just because Gablett senior gets given the mark of the century with a one-handed DROP, doesn't mean every time a geelong spud touches the ball it should be called a mark.

Half a mark for trying though. :thumbsu::)

lol thx for the half but what Has Gary's mark got to do with anything? Colberts mark should not be questioned, didnt EVER hit the ground like and was never touched. Plus was well over 10m. Stupid umpire.

So Gary Ayres was a good coach who was robbed of a flag then?

Gary Ayres was robbed of that game at least. I dont care who was our coach though. Umpires cost us a final against you guys and you went on to win a flag. Give it back.
Then the following week Libba kicked that goal. Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrk Shut up crow fans you are a pathetic excuse of a franchise club that got exceptionally lucky who even got to play St Kilda of all clubs in a GF, so you should never complain about anything ever.

And Port never flood and always have someone in the forward line, never have their "deepest" player standing in the middle of the ground with the other 17 in the defensive half:rolleyes:.

Yes on the very rare occasion Port do have a couple of extra numbers in the back half. But when will the master coach learn - Buddy Franklin kicks 7 in an elimination final & no move is made, Chapman kicks 6 goals & i swear he must have had on dirty underpants because Doughty/or whoever was meant to be manning him up wasn't within a bulls roar of him for the majority of the game.. end result he kicks 6 goals & is the match winner.

You betcha , sugar. I realise where my team sit in the scheme of things.

Your team is just plain pyschotic!

Am currently praying to the all knowing Footy Gods that we can have a Buddy 2 goals 7 day also!:)
And that if there is a team we need to lose, they can manage to actually lose to the tankers! How much luck do you lot have ?????

If you think back... when we played the hawks in Tassie last year, Franklin kicked something like 6.2 & they ended up winning by a few points so what goes round comes around.

they got an awesome run with the w***ers in red today...
wonder what H2F has to say about that?

We got favoured by the umpires today for some reason. Lot a f**king good it did too.

Little red tampons were nowhere to be seen all year for us, and now pop up when our season was shot.

Good one dwarves. Go carve some stone or something, like you did in the books I read as a kid :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Where were all you Crows fans last week? Or is it only cheating if it happens against your club?

generally, as a rule, you will find most supporters watch and then comment on GAMES THEIR TEAM PLAYED IN EINSTEIN!!!

No doubt Geelong got the better end of the 50/50's. I guess that is part of the home ground advantage.

If the head high on Knights was paid in the last few minutes, the result may have been different.:mad:

Enjoy it Geelong fans...

Now I realise this is bay 13 and there's no place for this kind of post on here but I put this up on the umpiring board and thought I may as well chuck it in here as well. Make of it what you will.

Ok, the wife's away, kids in bed so I decided to play with my new toy (IQ2) and watch the game and take notes, here's what I saw:

*Note : in the first 3 quarters there is around 8 to 10 minutes that have been culled and there were stuff all replays so I gave the remote a good work out.

1st Quarter :
19:26 Ling slings Johncock after he's disposed of the ball, no free paid. Adelaide cleared the ball away.
19:00 Stevens hands in the back on Mackie, Mackie free. IMO shocking decision.
18:45 Vince free against Enright for too high, good spoil IMO. Play on.
17:02 Free to Rooke against Vince for a throw. Correct.
16:46 Mooney slings Bock after he disposes of the ball, not paid.
16:30 A hold on Mackie paid against Stevens, couldn't tell, visions was too far. Mackie had front position.
15:30 Bock holding Mooney, not paid.
15:18 to 11:02 not shown.
9:37 Forward pocket S Johnson holding the ball, borderline.
9:21 Johnson drops sitter in pocket, Otten gets him high, paid, correct.
9:10 Centre bounce, goes outside the circles by about 1.5m to Hawkins, not recalled, pack forms.
9:10 At secondary ball up Riley called for holding the ball. Crap decision. He took possession, was immediately tackled, was rolled onto his back with a Geelong player underneath him and Chapman came in and laid on top of him.
7:33 Vanberlo ran a mile, well over 15m, not called.
7:04 Hawkins on lead to Chapman and pushed in the back by Rutten, not paid.
6:31 Out on the full against Corey, was correct call. The boundary umpire was in perfect position, looked like the ball came off Corey's arse then either onto the bottom of his boot or onto his calf and over the line, either way it's out on the full.
6:10 Wojcinski got Shirley too high, umpire in poor postition, not paid.
5:56 Shirley clearly holding Selwood about 10 metres off the ball, Shirley runs off Vince runs past and Selwood whacks him in the guts. If they look at it no weeks but some carry over points.
5:45 Johncock holding Ablett at full forward, free paid then 50m paid for Selwood being dumped off the ball (no vision of this)
2:10 Wojcinski handballs then Stevens got him in the back. Not paid.
1:40 Holding paid against Milburn to Tippet, dodgey at best, Tippet didn't even realise he'd got a free. 50m paid against Milburn (no vision)
1:01 Free paid to Thompson for holding against Ling (no vision)
0:28 Holding the ball decision to Ling against Edwards. Crap decision.

2nd Quarter:
19:47 Selwood gets Doughty too high, not paid.
18:26 Throw paid to Thompson against Selwood. Correct.
16:15 Free to Otten, in the back against Johnson. Correct.
15:48 Holding the ball against Stokes to Reilly. Bit stiff, but he did initially pull it in and he and Reilly both had it having a tug of war. Umpire in poor position.
15:23 Bartel slips and is caught too high, not paid.
13:17 Free to Symes against Rooke for too high. No vision.
12:35 In the back to Harley against Burton. Correct.
11:22 In the back to Harley against Burton. Correct.
11:03 Ablett held and taken high by Doughty, play on.
10:52-8:07 not shown. Frees Geelong 13-Adelaide 7 at this stage.
5:57 Hawkins clearly held, no free, Edwards kicks point.
3:10 Gillies pinged for holding Porplyzia, hold wasn't there. This was the one where advantage wasn't paid. They showed a front on replay of it after Porps had played on and IMO he took the ball over the boundary. He was right on the boundary and he had the ball in both hands. When you run like that the ball moves from side to side and I reckon that's when he took it over.

3rd Quarter:
19:54 Shirley throws the ball when tackled. Correct.
19:36 Free to Mackie against McLeod for chopping. Didn't look like it.
18:29 Milburn throws the ball when tackled. Correct.
15:45-14:22 Not shown.
13:01 Shepherding against Wojcinski to Knights. Selwood takes the mark. Correct.
7:37 50m paid against Varcoe. Doughty took the mark, Varcoe was never in the contest, comes in and very briefly grabs Doughty then trips over and brings Doughty down. Correct. Big bloody 50 though.
7:05 In the back to Vanberlo against Johnson. Correct. Umpire tells Johnson to watch his knee.
4:34 Mackie fell over and grabbed Stevens who wasn't in possession and brings him down. Not paid.
4:29 Byrnes takes possession amongst 3 Crows. Turns and gets caught, does a drop kick. Holding the ball/incorrect disposal not paid.
2:31 Dangerfield down, he's chasing and Selwood is standing there. Selwood stands in front of him and gets him with his shoulder to Dangerfield's shoulder. Nothing in it just hard contact.
2:24 Corey legged by Rutten. Correct.
0:35 Selwood breaks Porplyzia tackle then Thompson knocks the ball out of his hands without actually laying a tackle. Play on.

4th Quarter:

19:48 Bock gets over Mooney's shoulder. Not paid.
19:48 Ball spills free, Selwood gathers and Bock takes him high. Correct.
18:36 Vince takes on Corey. Corey tackles him, Vince puts the ball on the ground. Correct.
17:11 Chapman takes Vince high. Non controlling umpire pays holding to Vince.
16:45 Johnson chasing Johncock and pushes him in the back as he kicks. Not paid. Geelong mark the kick.
13:26 In the back paid to Mumford against Shirley. Correct.
13:12 Free to Mooney for holding, kicks a goal. (Chapman marked it anyway)
12:43 In the back paid against Bartel to Symes. Correct.
12:25 Too high paid to Selwood against McLeod. Both lying on the ground, it looked like McLeod may have got Selwood in a scissor lock with his legs. No controlling umpire in good position and paid it.??????
11:34 High to Corey against Symes. Correct.
9:23 Bartel high on Knights a few metres out from Adelaide's goal. Not paid.
8:09 Holding the ball paid against Porplyzia to Enright. Shocking decision.
7:48 Holding on Mooney against Rutten paid. It was Chapman's 6th, the goal was allowed to stand.
6:17 Selwood blantantly tackled Edwards at a boundary throw in. Not paid.
5 Minute warning.
23:52 Holding against Maric on Hawkins paid. Correct.
27:21 Hogan holding Edwards. Not paid.
27:23 Selwood gets a free for too high against Bock. Correct. Selwood is changing direction to his right and slips slightly.
28:27 Selwood takes Maric high. Correct.
28:54 Knights and Rooke clash heads when Knights takes possession on the ground and Rooke dives in. Should have been a free to Knights.

Here are the totals IMHO from the vision that I saw:

Adelaide received 15 frees for, 12 legitimite and 3 that weren't there. 12 frees to them were missed.

Geelong received 22 frees for, 17 legitimite and 5 that weren't there. 9 frees to them were missed.

In conclusion, if they were paid the way I saw it (remembering there are 8 to 10 minutes missing) then it would have been Adelaide 24 frees for - Geelong 26 frees for.

3 high tackles/contact frees paid to Selwood, 2 correct and couldn't see the other one with McLeod as they were both on the ground. Didn't duck for any of them as people seem to think he loves to do although later in the game he did try to play for a holding free at in a pack.

Now I realise this is bay 13 and there's no place for this kind of post on here but I put this up on the umpiring board and thought I may as well chuck it in here as well. Make of it what you will.

Ok, the wife's away, kids in bed so I decided to play with my new toy (IQ2) and watch the game and take notes, here's what I saw:

*Note : in the first 3 quarters there is around 8 to 10 minutes that have been culled and there were stuff all replays so I gave the remote a good work out.

1st Quarter :
19:26 Ling slings Johncock after he's disposed of the ball, no free paid. Adelaide cleared the ball away.
19:00 Stevens hands in the back on Mackie, Mackie free. IMO shocking decision.
18:45 Vince free against Enright for too high, good spoil IMO. Play on.
17:02 Free to Rooke against Vince for a throw. Correct.
16:46 Mooney slings Bock after he disposes of the ball, not paid.
16:30 A hold on Mackie paid against Stevens, couldn't tell, visions was too far. Mackie had front position.
15:30 Bock holding Mooney, not paid.
15:18 to 11:02 not shown.
9:37 Forward pocket S Johnson holding the ball, borderline.
9:21 Johnson drops sitter in pocket, Otten gets him high, paid, correct.
9:10 Centre bounce, goes outside the circles by about 1.5m to Hawkins, not recalled, pack forms.
9:10 At secondary ball up Riley called for holding the ball. Crap decision. He took possession, was immediately tackled, was rolled onto his back with a Geelong player underneath him and Chapman came in and laid on top of him.
7:33 Vanberlo ran a mile, well over 15m, not called.
7:04 Hawkins on lead to Chapman and pushed in the back by Rutten, not paid.
6:31 Out on the full against Corey, was correct call. The boundary umpire was in perfect position, looked like the ball came off Corey's arse then either onto the bottom of his boot or onto his calf and over the line, either way it's out on the full.
6:10 Wojcinski got Shirley too high, umpire in poor postition, not paid.
5:56 Shirley clearly holding Selwood about 10 metres off the ball, Shirley runs off Vince runs past and Selwood whacks him in the guts. If they look at it no weeks but some carry over points.
5:45 Johncock holding Ablett at full forward, free paid then 50m paid for Selwood being dumped off the ball (no vision of this)
2:10 Wojcinski handballs then Stevens got him in the back. Not paid.
1:40 Holding paid against Milburn to Tippet, dodgey at best, Tippet didn't even realise he'd got a free. 50m paid against Milburn (no vision)
1:01 Free paid to Thompson for holding against Ling (no vision)
0:28 Holding the ball decision to Ling against Edwards. Crap decision.

2nd Quarter:
19:47 Selwood gets Doughty too high, not paid.
18:26 Throw paid to Thompson against Selwood. Correct.
16:15 Free to Otten, in the back against Johnson. Correct.
15:48 Holding the ball against Stokes to Reilly. Bit stiff, but he did initially pull it in and he and Reilly both had it having a tug of war. Umpire in poor position.
15:23 Bartel slips and is caught too high, not paid.
13:17 Free to Symes against Rooke for too high. No vision.
12:35 In the back to Harley against Burton. Correct.
11:22 In the back to Harley against Burton. Correct.
11:03 Ablett held and taken high by Doughty, play on.
10:52-8:07 not shown. Frees Geelong 13-Adelaide 7 at this stage.
5:57 Hawkins clearly held, no free, Edwards kicks point.
3:10 Gillies pinged for holding Porplyzia, hold wasn't there. This was the one where advantage wasn't paid. They showed a front on replay of it after Porps had played on and IMO he took the ball over the boundary. He was right on the boundary and he had the ball in both hands. When you run like that the ball moves from side to side and I reckon that's when he took it over.

3rd Quarter:
19:54 Shirley throws the ball when tackled. Correct.
19:36 Free to Mackie against McLeod for chopping. Didn't look like it.
18:29 Milburn throws the ball when tackled. Correct.
15:45-14:22 Not shown.
13:01 Shepherding against Wojcinski to Knights. Selwood takes the mark. Correct.
7:37 50m paid against Varcoe. Doughty took the mark, Varcoe was never in the contest, comes in and very briefly grabs Doughty then trips over and brings Doughty down. Correct. Big bloody 50 though.
7:05 In the back to Vanberlo against Johnson. Correct. Umpire tells Johnson to watch his knee.
4:34 Mackie fell over and grabbed Stevens who wasn't in possession and brings him down. Not paid.
4:29 Byrnes takes possession amongst 3 Crows. Turns and gets caught, does a drop kick. Holding the ball/incorrect disposal not paid.
2:31 Dangerfield down, he's chasing and Selwood is standing there. Selwood stands in front of him and gets him with his shoulder to Dangerfield's shoulder. Nothing in it just hard contact.
2:24 Corey legged by Rutten. Correct.
0:35 Selwood breaks Porplyzia tackle then Thompson knocks the ball out of his hands without actually laying a tackle. Play on.

4th Quarter:

19:48 Bock gets over Mooney's shoulder. Not paid.
19:48 Ball spills free, Selwood gathers and Bock takes him high. Correct.
18:36 Vince takes on Corey. Corey tackles him, Vince puts the ball on the ground. Correct.
17:11 Chapman takes Vince high. Non controlling umpire pays holding to Vince.
16:45 Johnson chasing Johncock and pushes him in the back as he kicks. Not paid. Geelong mark the kick.
12:43 In the back paid against Bartel to Symes. Correct.
12:25 Too high paid to Selwood against McLeod. Both lying on the ground, it looked like McLeod may have got Selwood in a scissor lock with his legs. No controlling umpire in good position and paid it.??????
11:34 High to Corey against Symes. Correct.
9:23 Bartel high on Knights a few metres out from Adelaide's goal. Not paid.
7:48 Holding on Mooney against Rutten paid. It was Chapman's 6th, the goal was allowed to stand.
6:17 Selwood blantantly tackled Edwards at a boundary throw in. Not paid.
5 Minute warning.
23:52 Holding against Maric on Hawkins paid. Correct.
27:21 Hogan holding Edwards. Not paid.
27:23 Selwood gets a free for too high against Bock. Correct. Selwood is changing direction to his right and slips slightly.
28:27 Selwood takes Maric high. Correct.
28:54 Knights and Rooke clash heads when Knights takes possession on the ground and Rooke dives in. Should have been a free to Knights.

Here are the totals IMHO from the vision that I saw:

Adelaide received 15 frees for, 12 legitimite and 3 that weren't there. 12 frees to them were missed.

Geelong received 22 frees for, 17 legitimite and 5 that weren't there. 9 frees to them were missed.

In conclusion, if they were paid the way I saw it (remembering there are 8 to 10 minutes missing) then it would have been Adelaide 24 frees for - Geelong 26 frees for.

3 high tackles/contact frees paid to Selwood, 2 correct and couldn't see the other one with McLeod as they were both on the ground. Didn't duck for any of them as people seem to think he loves to do although later in the game he did try to play for a holding free at in a pack.

What do you evaluate these decisions based on? Are you a qualified umpire/educator or somehing?

Yes on the very rare occasion Port do have a couple of extra numbers in the back half. But when will the master coach learn - Buddy Franklin kicks 7 in an elimination final & no move is made, Chapman kicks 6 goals & i swear he must have had on dirty underpants because Doughty/or whoever was meant to be manning him up wasn't within a bulls roar of him for the majority of the game.. end result he kicks 6 goals & is the match winner.

If you think back... when we played the hawks in Tassie last year, Franklin kicked something like 6.2 & they ended up winning by a few points so what goes round comes around.

Yes, well that final is something I never understood.

I don't know what the go was with letting Chapman run amok either. Truly perplexed on that. But like I said, just put your money on Franklin to kick a shitload against the Crows. I can see it now!:(

Hawks had 5 posters yeserday too, they will sail straight through the middle in a couple of weeks, **** it.

Thanks for that. The 2 (actually 4) decisions above interest me the most. After an initial free kick is paid to Geelong, another free kick in the goal square is then subsequently paid again to Geelong directly after. It almost looked like the umpires were trying desperately to get a goal for Geelong by free kicking the ball into their forward line and then subsequently awarding them a shot at goal from point blank range.

As it turns out, the free kicks in the goal square were not required anyway but it certainly looked very suspicious. I'm interested to know if those free kicks paid 10m out directly in front were in fact warranted and if the amount of wrestling that occurred was any more than would have occurred at any other stage during the game (or any game for that matter).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you evaluate these decisions based on? Are you a qualified umpire/educator or somehing?

Thats a stupid comment. I would say he has based it on his knowledge and feel for the game. Are you saying no one besides umpires or educators can comment on umpiring decisions?

That's just silly. I base it on having played for 18 years and watching footy for over 30 years, plus that fact that I was able to pause and rewind. There were some where the umpire were in poor position, some were just bewildering how the missed/got wrong and some that were off the ball that the camera picked up but the umpire/s wouldn't have been looking in that direction.

I love the Geelong Football Club, but I call them how I see them. I can't stand bad one eyed supporters from any club.

[YOUTUBE]b0yLqig1nSs[/YOUTUBE]

He's on the ground and then pulls the ball in. Holding the ball every time.

Great goal by Chapman too.

[youtube]b0yLqig1nSs[/youtube]

He's on the ground and then pulls the ball in. Holding the ball every time.

Great goal by Chapman too.

He did dive on the footy and it ended up being held in there somehow. That's what the rule is there to prevent.

Wrong, he is on the ground, grabs it and then rolls on to his back. He is then smothered by Geelong players. In recent games if the player is on his back and the ball isnt being smothered by his body its been a ball up.

I notice Done you dont show footage of Knights getting knocked in the head?

Thanks for that. The 2 (actually 4) decisions above interest me the most. After an initial free kick is paid to Geelong, another free kick in the goal square is then subsequently paid again to Geelong directly after. It almost looked like the umpires were trying desperately to get a goal for Geelong by free kicking the ball into their forward line and then subsequently awarding them a shot at goal from point blank range.

As it turns out, the free kicks in the goal square were not required anyway but it certainly looked very suspicious. I'm interested to know if those free kicks paid 10m out directly in front were in fact warranted and if the amount of wrestling that occurred was any more than would have occurred at any other stage during the game (or any game for that matter).

IMO they were warranted as Rutten was caught out of position both times due to the ball being moved in quickly and he held Mooney from behind.

I would have thought with the Porplyzia holding the ball that it was a ball up.

I don't think he dragged it in, he pushed his way between Ablett and Enright to gain possession of the ball, he falls over as he bursts through and grabs the ball, he tries to knock it on but Enright is in the way, he rolls on his back still trying to get the ball out but the Geelong player is on top of him holding it in there.

Again IMO this is a lot different to a player blatantly dragging the ball back underneath himself, I mean he actually crashed between the two players trying to get it, unfortunately due to that crap decision his better option would have been to show no effort at all and just sweat on one of the Geelong players picking it up so he could tackle them. Once he rolled onto his back I'm doubtful that he even had possession, I reckon Enright might have had more of it than he did.

Poor interpretation of the rule. IMO.

IMO they were warranted as Rutten was caught out of position both times due to the ball being moved in quickly and he held Mooney from behind.

IMHO, one was definitely there, the other was 50/50. We definitely got the wrong end of the 50/50's today, but that's not what cost us the game. Our inaccuracy was the biggest issue and also the inability to keep a check on Chapman, but realistically there was always going to be one Geelong star who would pop up.

Ablett had a quiet day, Johnson was pretty quiet after a strong start and Ling was not as effective as normal, but Geelong is too hard to contain all over the ground, especially when you're not making the most of your scoring opportunities at your own end. We got it in there enough, but failed to use it. We would have learned a lot from this game and hopefully helps us get the young players to know what needs to be done when the heat is on.

Never will i cop an umpire excuse from a crow. You won a flag due to umpires incompetence. A FLAG FFS.

Get stuffed crows we will take all the frees in the world and it wont make up for Colberts mark in '97.

Get ****ED Adelaide PISS OFF. Karma is a bitch.

Hand ya '97 flag back then you MIGHT be allowed to complain about umpires.

How does it feel to be a poor (lucky) winner?

Your days at the top are numbered - just like Brisbane in 2004. You are beginning to struggle against sides that aren't even top 4. The umps have gifted you the last 2 games and nearly got you over the line against St Kilda.

Have fun not even making the top 4 next year you soft**** w***er, although I suppose you will have changed allegiances to St Kilda or Carlton by then.

Wrong, he is on the ground, grabs it and then rolls on to his back. He is then smothered by Geelong players. In recent games if the player is on his back and the ball isnt being smothered by his body its been a ball up.

Strangely tackling players this season have been rolling the player with the ball onto their back, which seems to almost always result in a HTB decision.

Regardless, who hasn't copped a few of those decisions this year?

How does it feel to be a poor (lucky) winner?

Your days at the top are numbered - just like Brisbane in 2004. You are beginning to struggle against sides that aren't even top 4. The umps have gifted you the last 2 games and nearly got you over the line against St Kilda.

Have fun not even making the top 4 next year you soft**** w***er, although I suppose you will have changed allegiances to St Kilda or Carlton by then.

Ahahaha diddums jackster. What happened to your days at the top? Couldn't even get a flag out of it.

No one gifted us any games, except maybe whoever was on Chapman.

Lost count of the number of posters who said we wouldnt make top 4 this season, too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Look out Crows fans ... If you are close at 3 quarter time the umpires will just start cheating ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back