panga

Debutant
Jun 7, 2007
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Wasn't sure where to put this so I just decided I'd start a new thread.

Just moved over from Perth and haven't played since under 19s (i'm 26 this year) so not looking for anything too serious, can't really commit to 2 weekly trainings etc. From what I can tell the Club XVIII competition is probably what I'm after.

Any ideas as to what club would be my best fit (I live about 50m from Victoria Park), and what fees are there throughout the season? Just a once off registration or are there weekly/game fees involved as well?

Cheers.

Wasn't sure where to put this so I just decided I'd start a new thread.

Just moved over from Perth and haven't played since under 19s (i'm 26 this year) so not looking for anything too serious, can't really commit to 2 weekly trainings etc. From what I can tell the Club XVIII competition is probably what I'm after.

Any ideas as to what club would be my best fit (I live about 50m from Victoria Park), and what fees are there throughout the season? Just a once off registration or are there weekly/game fees involved as well?

Cheers.

Looks like your closest geographically would be Fitzroy or Richmond Centrals, both clubs have healthy Club XVIII programs to cater for the not-so-serious amateur player.

Most clubs require you to pay an annual subscription to cover the Association's fees for running the competition, and it'd usually be roughly $300 to $400 for the year. I doubt they'd require a weekly payment, but would prefer a single or a couple of lump sums. Throw in your kit at $100 or so, and that's about the total cost of playing in the VAFA. About $450 give or take.

Best way to find out which suits would be to drop into a training session and try it out for yourself. I daresay a social aspect may be useful too if you're new to Melbourne, and I can certainly vouch for Fitzroy as being a great club to play at from a social perspective.

Good Luck

Ivanhoe AFC is not too far from you.

We have seniors and reserves in D3 (not a high standard by any means) and a clubbies team as well where you often find the blokes that can't train regularly or just wanna have a kick on the weekend.

I'm sure the club would welcome any new players. fee's are about $300 from memory.

Cheers guys.

I think Ivanhoe is a bit too far for me, don't have a car, but thanks all the same

Just to be totally unipartisan about it :D the othet thing about Fitzroy is that they are technically the same club as fielded a VFL/AFL team for 100 years. So if you ever make an honour board there, you'd quite possiby be listed alongside some household footy names :thumbsu:

I don't know anything about Ivanhoe AFC, but I did watch Fitzroy (as the Reds) play Richmond Centrals in 2001 and they seemed a decent bunch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking for a club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back