A Section Premier section 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Thomas was from Old Carey as well, hence my point that you had 20% outsiders.
Thomas went to Wesley and best mates with some of the Collegians boys.
Played Old Carey out of school through their alignment with Coburg when playing VFL.

From memory maybe only Beilby and Nick Canny were non Wesley outside of Mirra and Sof in the flag.
The argument can probably be shared - the school definitely provided the bulk of players but probably the best 2 players that season were from outside.
Agree Mirra was AFL level talent.

Tom Sheridan I think was the other ex AFL player who FF referred to who came for a couple of years

Thomas went to Wesley and best mates with some of the Collegians boys.
Played Old Carey out of school through their alignment with Coburg when playing VFL.

From memory maybe only Beilby and Nick Canny were non Wesley outside of Mirra and Sof in the flag.
The argument can probably be shared - the school definitely provided the bulk of players but probably the best 2 players that season were from outside.
Agree Mirra was AFL level talent.

Tom Sheridan I think was the other ex AFL player who FF referred to who came for a couple of years
Your argument doesn’t stack up, he would be a 1 pointer if he went to Wesley.

Your argument doesn’t stack up, he would be a 1 pointer if he went to Wesley.
Did his last 2 years at Wesley.
Yes understand to be a 1 pointer you have to be at a school for minimum 3 years.

Anyway Plats I’m ok that a little bit of outside talent supplementing a club can be a good thing.
In the case of Collegians drawing from a co-ed school (and thus a smaller talent pool) it would definitely help them to remain competitive

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

A Section Premier section 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back