Streaming Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power - Amazon Lord of the Rings prequel due early September 2022

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished the first episode, it probably won't be HBO quality but it's engaging and probably a positive for them is the deprivation of a good fantasy series I'll keep watching. In saying that though the ending credit teaser on ep 1 goes and looks very promising.

One improvement I can already see in the series in developmrnt is the exploration of middle earth

The audience score for S2 is 65% on Rotten Tomatoes. But like I said, only the 37% of people who watched S1 to the end will be watching S2 and giving this artificially high score.

The dialogue remains really really really bad. None of the charachters ever really talk to each other and there's no narrative tension resolved through dialogue.. stuff just happens.

In Episode 2 (i think) - Gil Galad tells Galadriel she can't confront Sauron because he's known her mind and can exploit her. She then effectively says, I feel like I need to defeat him because I know him. If it was a Comedy this is where Gil Galad would say "Did you not listen to a single thing I just said" instead the plot just calls for him to say - okay if you try really hard... and she runs off.

It's never been more evident that the people somehow running content on these shows are effectively children who spent too long reading losers shitty fan fiction on line to know anything about dialogue or narrative.

Putting all this aside... I really didn't enjoy TRoP season 1 - so I would need to hear "word of mouth" that S2 was a massive upgrade, before I would be willing to commit to giving it another chance.

I'm in a slightly different bucket to you: I enjoyed S1 in that it was a so-bad-it's-good trainwreck. From Finrod's opening monologue where he demonstrates his knowledge of buoyancy by comparing a stone sinking to a ship floating, to the noble men of Numenor complaining about the elves "coming over here and taking our jerbs", I kept waiting for it to get worse, and it frequently did.

If there was an improvement in its quality such that it became merely boringly bad, I probably won't watch it.

There seems to be very few fans of this show. Like there's one pro-RoP sub-reddit that I assume is largely bot fed, but there's almost universal distaste for it across platforms. And then look at this thread, very little engagement. I don't think anyone really cares.

Lol, crock of shit.

Lol, crock of shit.
Just because you happen to enjoy the show doesn't mean that you're not in a very small minority.

There are a LOT of people out there who thought Season 1 was a hot pile of steaming garbage.

Just because you happen to enjoy the show doesn't mean that you're not in a very small minority.

There are a LOT of people out there who thought Season 1 was a hot pile of steaming garbage.

There is plenty of evidence people are enjoying it. Streaming numbers are solid. Plenty of engagement online and programs like Nerd Of The Rings and Rings And Realms getting big support via Kickstarter etc. frankly, most people don't engage in conversations online due to the heavy level of trolls who complain about lore breaches without actually knowing the lore themselves. What is the point of engaging?

Charlie Vickers is giving a phenomenal performance as Annatar/Sauron. He brings an unsettling yet captivating presence every time he appears on screen. I enjoyed Shadow of Mordor back in the day, but I still needed more. This is scratching that itch in the best possible way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this fanmade image of What Sauron actually looks like without his armor on.

GXRffhEXEAAanbV

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power - Amazon Lord of the Rings prequel due early September 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back