Marc Shmurf 3

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2006
In Carlton's Midfield
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory, Storm, Juve
Is there anybody else more loved in the football community more than Lou???

Forever the perennial joker Lou always seems to make us smile and laugh...

Well deserved honour in being Inducted into the Sport Australian Hall of Fame :thumbsu::)

Is there anybody else more loved in the football community more than Lou???

Forever the perennial joker Lou always seems to make us smile and laugh...

Well deserved honour in being Inducted into the Sport Australian Hall of Fame :thumbsu::)

No doubt. Am I right in saying despite him being inducted in the Australian Sport Hall of Fame, he isn't in the AFL Hall of Fame?

How funny is he for an 84 year old, loved watching him on the sunday footy show this year, always makes me laugh when he gives it to all the players in the handball about not being as good as he was, then when he bagged Tyson Goldsack about a recent loss Tony Jones asked him, "So Lou, you telling us you never played in a loss?" and Lou's classic response was "No, I wouldn't stand for it, if we were losing I would walk of the ground"

I find him funny sometimes, he's an ornament to our game. I think it's great he still gets on the tele. He'd probably be an cranky old bastard if you met him though.

I don't love him - think he's an embarassing old tool

your angry cause ur club icon is Warwick Capper :D

I find him funny sometimes, he's an ornament to our game. I think it's great he still gets on the tele. He'd probably be an cranky old bastard if you met him though.

when i lived in Melbs for a year i bumped into him in the city and he was walking by himself. As he walked past i said "Gday Lou" and he actually stopped and chatted for a minute and was a champ. Very funny bloke.
Sad to see him losing it a bit now with age but will be remembered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a champ! Cracks me up on the footy show. The funniest was when he said Garnier Fuctus instead of Fructus - classic.
Saw the lucky guy gettin a kiss from Steph Rice in the Herald sun today.

then when he bagged Tyson Goldsack about a recent loss Tony Jones asked him, "So Lou, you telling us you never played in a loss?" and Lou's classic response was "No, I wouldn't stand for it, if we were losing I would walk of the ground"

Classic Lou right there. So quick with the comeback!
God bless him!!!:thumbsu:

Don't do that to me! I thought something terrible had happened :eek:

Me too! Lou is a legend:thumbsu: Glad to hear nothing has happened.

Saw Lou on the Sunday footy show a few weeks ago and thought that the inevitable might no be too far away unfortunetly.

To that guy that said he is embarrasing, what a disgrace!:thumbsdown:

Me too! Lou is a legend:thumbsu: Glad to hear nothing has happened.

Saw Lou on the Sunday footy show a few weeks ago and thought that the inevitable might no be too far away unfortunetly.

To that guy that said he is embarrasing, what a disgrace!:thumbsdown:
Spoke to him a while ago. Sad as it is he's not as with it mentally as he once was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lou Richards... We love you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back