Lovett to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think you will be seeing Lovett in red and white if you arent willing to downgrade your draft picks.

Currently on your list you have nothing Essendon really want or that you would actually want to part with. Therefore your draft picks are the only thing that we would like to have. If we obtained them Port Adelaide would be interested.

Buchanan who i really like as a player, may not be up to his former standard. If he was half the player he used to be i would of definately traded Lovett + pick 26 for Buchanan + pick 22.

Unfortunately these are the only fair accomidating options the bloods have

option 1

Syd lose - pick 6

Syd gain - pick 26, A. Lovett

or

option 2

Syd lose - pick 6, pick 22

Syd gain - pick 10, pick 42, A.Lovett

No other trades are fair because Sydney has nothing else to offer us. The fact that Lovett wants to leave is good on your part but Fremantle have a lower PSD than you. Therefore you have to trade with us. I think people consider Lovett to much of a fringer player. 4 clubs want him it adds currency. When you take into account this has also been by far his best season. He was top 5 in our best and fairest, a damaging player, a fast player and a very talented player. Hes 27 next season sure, gauranteed 3 seasons atleast. You have to give up decent picks for decent players.

I personally think Option 2 is fairer and i will state why.

You are trying to Jib Essendon on draft picks this trade period etherway. We all know that pick 22 has about as much weight as pick 30 or 40 in a shallow draft. The Essendon recruting managers going to know that as is the Sydney Manager. However pick 6 and Pick 10, their may be some small variation there. But Essendon needs a pick like that to obtain S. Burygone. So ether their will be some magical threeway trade or its going to be option 1 or 2. Personally i'd take 2.

Just trying to be realistic boys and girls, but your pick 22 isnt enough for A.Lovett in a weak draft. If it was 2006, when we got gumbleton, davey, remiers, houli and jetta sure i would go for that pick 22 in a second.

this is the 2009 draft, the last uncomprimised one too might I add. So Sydney supporters and Essendon supporters be realistic.

picks 1-10, or 15 are probally all that is good in this draft.

But Hird was a very late pick who knows.

Why dont we just have Veszpremi, McVeigh, O'Keefe (That's Ryan not Daniel, we don't want to screw Essendon over for a star, right?), Pick 6, Pick 22, **** we'll chuck in Adam Goodes and Barry Hall for Andrew "I'm a star" Lovett. That should totally screw us over, and keep the bitches, I mean, Essendon supporters happy, right? :rolleyes:

Let me guess, Jarrad McVeigh is from Victoria, right? :rolleyes:

are you done? Would you like a tissue?

Now that you've wiped your tears away and stopped stamping your feet, how about you read my previous post on the subject:

unfortunately I don't see us getting a good deal for Lovett. In a negotiation, you need to be in a position of strength.

I just don't see what hand Essendon really has. Lovett wants to leave. He's uncontracted.

As long as he puts a big enough price on his head, he'll get to his preferred club eventually through the PSD, or close enough.

I just don't see what negotiating clout Essendon has. I think we'll get a bum deal

there you are diddums.

Having a contract on a player is no impediment to trading him if all parties agree, however I don't think we'll get much given our weak negotiating position.

If you feel like apologising for being such a sooky la la & throwing a tantrum you may now do so

option 1

Syd lose - pick 6

Syd gain - pick 26, A. Lovett

or

option 2

You talk about fairness but that first one is a shocker. In a supposedly shallow draft we'll be lucky if we get a 150 game player with pick 26, and only 3 years out of Lovett before he starts a likely decline. Giving up pick 6 for that, when we're still at least 4 years from pushing for a flag, isn't a realistic option for us.

you do realise that means nothing, and that trades can actually occur with contracted players?

True but both signed in the last few weeks of the season. Most contracted players traded are usually heading into the final season of a multi year contract

Realistically Sydney won't let either of those players go, because even though Lovett is a good player, it would be a step backwards from a list management point of view.

McVeigh is a better player than Lovett while Vez is a 1st round draft pick with high wraps on him

are you done? Would you like a tissue?

Now that you've wiped your tears away and stopped stamping your feet, how about you read my previous post on the subject:

there you are diddums. If you feel like apologising for being such a sooky la la you may now do so

I'm not apologising to you, as I have nothing to apologise for you, it's other Essendon supporters that are being unfair towards us, that are giving me the shits, not you mate.

I saw that post earlier as I have been watching this thread for awhile and it was a well-reasoned post. ;)

Well I think this is about the best its going to get

thoughts???

If we are lucky we'll get a late 2nd round pick at best for Lovett. His market value is not as high as some bomber fans think.

Lovett hasn't done himself any favours recently at Essendon, so i think the Dons would just get rid of him.
The best trade Essendon could get for him is:
Lovett & pick 10 -> Sydney Pick 6 IMO.

No one wants Lovett unless they are getting something else with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's other Essendon supporters that are being unfair towards us, that are giving me the shits, not you mate.

normalVsparanormal.jpg

Lovett hasn't done himself any favours recently at Essendon, so i think the Dons would just get rid of him.
The best trade Essendon could get for him is:
Lovett & pick 10 -> Sydney Pick 6 IMO.

No one wants Lovett unless they are getting something else with him.

I'd do that deal. Would get us a Kane Lucas with pick 6 and it suits both teams.

Lovett is happy to go anywhere, and will go where ever we get the best offer. Just because he is out of contract, Sydney can't sit back and offer nothing and expect to get him.

I think Lovett will go where ever he is getting the most money from. Where ever the best deal is, for him financially, will be where he asks to be traded to.
I really don't think he gives a rats about Essendon, which makes me think he will request where he wants to go rather sitting with Essendon to work out a destination to suit him & the club.

Lovett's value is pretty low. Why do you think Essendon are so keen to see him go?
I don't believe they are - but right now the ball is no longer in their court. Lovett is out of contract and has told them that he does not wish to be at the club in 2010. If they wish to benefit from his departure then they have to arrange a suitable trade - otherwise he will quite happily walk into the PSD and they lose him for nothing.

I don't believe they are - but right now the ball is no longer in their court. Lovett is out of contract and has told them that he does not wish to be at the club in 2010. If they wish to benefit from his departure then they have to arrange a suitable trade - otherwise he will quite happily walk into the PSD and they lose him for nothing.

I am under the impression that he has not been offered a contract for next year.

Lovetts value is not low by any stretch of the imagination. North Melbourne mighten have a player of his calibre so your hoping hes avaliable come the PSD.

Lovett is worth an early second rounder or a late first rounder in a strong draft, however this one is weak.

Sydney are not willing to trade clubman, draft picks for no return or its young players that may have some potential.

So the only way to secure a trade, without Lovett going to Melbourne or even Fremantle would be to give Essendon what hes worth.

Pick 22 on its own for Lovett who was top 5 in our best and fairest, great disposal and very fast is not a fair trade.

Essendon Lose: Pick 10, A.Lovett and Pick 42

for

Pick 6, 22 is a fair trade.

If Sydney play hardball and dont give value for value we will package him off to fremantle as their are better options there.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back