Confirmed Matthew Kennedy: To Dogs p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance
32 would be pushing it very very fine. I think it's fair value for Kennedy but it's too close to a Ben Camporeale bid for us to take that deal imo.

Might be some more moving pieces and we tie in Kemp or Carroll in a multi club deal or something to get it a bit higher up but can't see us taking 32 for him in isolation.

Could be proven wrong though!

Cbs Fbi GIF by Wolf Entertainment

3 way trade?

Last edited:

Matty would be in Cripps role, if we weren’t graced with the dual Brownlow medallist presence!

He’s a very solid 25+ disposal midfielder, extractor, good skills, great overhead & kick for goal.

No packet of chips here!

32 would be pushing it very very fine. I think it's fair value for Kennedy but it's too close to a Ben Camporeale bid for us to take that deal imo.

Might be some more moving pieces and we tie in Kemp or Carroll in a multi club deal or something to get it a bit higher up but can't see us taking 32 for him in isolation.

Could be proven wrong though!
Likely a future pick

Likely a future pick
Blues have been fairly clear we're only after picks in this draft.

We have a couple of NGA kids next year who aren't really in first round calculations but will likely take up valuable list spots as they're in positions of need.

Doubt we'll need much currency for either so not surprised we're all in on this year's draft.

Blues have been fairly clear we're only after picks in this draft.

We have a couple of NGA kids next year who aren't really in first round calculations but will likely take up valuable list spots as they're in positions of need.

Doubt we'll need much currency for either so not surprised we're all in on this year's draft.
Kennedy doesn't have much value though 48 which we currently have would be the much more likely,

We are brining him in as depth

Kennedy doesn't have much value though 48 which we currently have would be the much more likely,

We are brining him in as depth
I totally understand that, but Carlton wouldn't be trading him for pick 48 as it's essentially useless to us.

There might be other parties tied into the deal to make it worth our while (maybe Kemp to StK) but I just really can't see us doing any deal for a pick later than a late 20s pick. Anything past that will just get swallowed up by the Camporeale twins.

I totally understand that, but Carlton wouldn't be trading him for pick 48 as it's essentially useless to us.

There might be other parties tied into the deal to make it worth our while (maybe Kemp to StK) but I just really can't see us doing any deal for a pick later than a late 20s for any player at this stage. Anything past that will just get swallowed up by the Camporeale twins.
You traded him in for pick 28 6 years ago his price hasn't gone up since them he'd be in the 35-45 range Saints 42 probably the other one that could be involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is likely. 25 would be overs but I think it's the only pick amongst the clubs we'd be interested in
I have a feeling it will be a 3 way trade with Macrae as he fills his role and we do the Daniel trade separate,

Very keen to have Kennedy play a role in our midfield Dunkleys grunt was a noticeable absence and have always liked Kennedy

Matty would be in Cripps role, if we weren’t graced with the dual Brownlow medallist presence!

He’s a very solid 25+ disposal midfielder, extractor, good skills, great overhead & kick for goal.

No packet of chips here!
Kennedy has averaged over 20 disposals a game for one season in his career. Never 25. His skills are average at best, and his goal kicking accuracy in his career is 59%

Just calling a spade a spade. He is leaving Carlton as their 5th best midfielder to become the Bulldogs’ 5th best midfielder.
This is true but his stats also reflect that he's been the jack-of-all-trades and as a full-time mid they'd be higher/better.

Think you're correct about his place in the pecking order though

You're not recruiting Macrae as a forward though you are as a midfielder and Macrae is significantly better in that position

is he for the full 3 years though ?

He's a much bigger purchase risk than Kennedy

This is true but his stats also reflect that he's been the jack-of-all-trades and as a full-time mid they'd be higher/better.

Think you're correct about his place in the pecking order though

I'd still take him over Macrae.

I wonder what it would take for Kennedy and Kemp. Probably more than we'd be willing to part with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Matthew Kennedy: To Dogs p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back