Lovett to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but did the Sydney part of the story have any facts to back it up? It may just be a case of journalists linking him to them as he talked to them last year.

i wouldnt want o'keefe because he is to old. their were rumours bout essendon targetting swans jarred mcveigh before he signed so i dont know what would happen their but maybe lovett and a 2nd round pic for mcveigh?

also i dont really think lovett will go to sydney and every1 has a chance cause he said he is happy to go anywhere.

Port Adelaide and Sydney would be the favourites I would think with West Coast an outside possibility. Either way he will be leaving Victoria.

i wouldnt want o'keefe because he is to old. their were rumours bout essendon targetting swans jarred mcveigh before he signed so i dont know what would happen their but maybe lovett and a 2nd round pic for mcveigh?

also i dont really think lovett will go to sydney and every1 has a chance cause he said he is happy to go anywhere.

Ryan O Keefe will be 29 for season 2010 (born 24 January 1981, Andrew Lovett will be 28 for season 2010 (born 11 November 1982.

O'Keefe is twice the player Monfries is and a lot of players would want him. Only reason we didn't get him last trade season was because of breakdowns in trade-talks.

That said, Sydney aren't stupid enough to trade away their B&F Winner.

Bugger off. An All-Australian, premiership player, reigning Bob Skilton Medalist, for Lovett?

What's the Bob Skilton Medal? Please don't say he was BOG in a home ans away game.

I agree this trade is in Essendon's favour btw. Anyway, it's never going to be entertained so not worth discussing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roosy has said that sydney want to keep their early picks. so that means it would have to be players. i imagine essendon would be looking for midfield types. so who? Mcveigh? can't really see it. Vespremi? Bird? off the top of my head, i can't think of too many sydney players. so over to the sydney fans for suggestions....

Fair enough. Probaby better off saying that so people know what you are talking about.

Or you could do your research....

Doesn't seem that Sydney are a great trade partner for Essendon.

Port Adelaide would seem a much better fit.

Ryan O Keefe will be 29 for season 2010 (born 24 January 1981, Andrew Lovett will be 28 for season 2010 (born 11 November 1982.

O'Keefe is twice the player Monfries is and a lot of players would want him. Only reason we didn't get him last trade season was because of breakdowns in trade-talks.

That said, Sydney aren't stupid enough to trade away their B&F Winner.

Good math.
O'Keefe will be 29, for season 2010, but Andrew Lovett will be 27 for next season.

Or you could do your research....

Doesn't seem that Sydney are a great trade partner for Essendon.

Port Adelaide would seem a much better fit.

Umm yeah ok i will start researching the names of every clubs B&F just for you. :rolleyes:

Why do you think Sydney and Essendon are not good trade partners?

The last deal involving Ted Richards for pick 19? (Courtenay Dempsey) seems to have worked out pretty good for all parties involved.

How about Amon Buchanan? They are both 26, and while I think Lovett probably holds more value Buchanan would give Essendon what it really needs, a good crumber. Perhaps swapping picks could also be involved. I would love Ves at Essendon but I can't see Sydney trading him. Maybe a trade that saw Lovett go to the Swans and Burgoyne going to Essendon could be organised.

How about Amon Buchanan? They are both 26, and while I think Lovett probably holds more value Buchanan would give Essendon what it really needs, a good crumber. Perhaps swapping picks could also be involved. I would love Ves at Essendon but I can't see Sydney trading him. Maybe a trade that saw Lovett go to the Swans and Burgoyne going to Essendon could be organised.

Buchanan is exactly the player I was thinking about.
Swans probably get the slightly better deal, but as you say, it's a need for need basis.... and the bombers hand has been forced to trade.

We should try and tee up a trade involving Moore, nuggety little forward type that we are lacking..

No thanks. I'm not even sure if he will cut it in Sydney's best 22 moving forward so i don't really see a place for him with us. I would rather their 2nd round pick than some fringe player who probably won't get a game.

Essendon really need a crumber that kicked a grand total of 2 goals for the season? We need a goal kicking crumber!

Buchanan's carrer has been going downhill for a few years now and i wouldn't even consider him.

Ordinary player.

Trade for a decent player or settle for a draft pick. Simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back