Lovett to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Buchanan is exactly the player I was thinking about.
Swans probably get the slightly better deal, but as you say, it's a need for need basis.... and the bombers hand has been forced to trade.

Of course you were because just like most supporters you can't look at things objectively and are not prepared to offer up quality for quality.

Is Patrick Vezpremi on the market? If so there could be a trade done.

Lovett + pick 10>>>>Sydney

Vezpremi + 3rd rounder

You want to trade pick 10 + Lovett for potential? I would like a player to show a lot more than what Vezpremi has shown before we start giving up so much. Lets also not forget that pick 10, whether it be used in the draft or trade for a player, needs to be used towards trying to land a good midfielder, preferably inside. I don't know if Vezpremi was drafted as a mid but from what i have seen of him he looks like a handy fp/hff type at best.

I would like to see Lovett come to the lions as we need some speed in the midfield...what about a Charman & Lovett trade?...both are 27yrs old

The lions will have 3 fit ruckman at the start of next season, with only Mitch Clark capable of playing other postions...so if the lions want to play clark in the ruck then we need to trade charman.

The bombers could do with another ruckman so Ryder can concentrate down back..Hille and charman would make a great combo

I would like to see Lovett come to the lions as we need some speed in the midfield...what about a Charman & Lovett trade?...both are 27yrs old

The lions will have 3 fit ruckman at the start of next season, with only Mitch Clark capable of playing other postions...so if the lions want to play clark in the ruck then we need to trade charman.

The bombers could do with another ruckman so Ryder can concentrate down back..Hille and charman would make a great combo

I suspect Voss having seen two premierships won where a ruckman missed the bulk of the season but was pivotal in the finals will be of the view that three is a minimum, not an excess, number of ruckmen.

Of course you were because just like most supporters you can't look at things objectively and are not prepared to offer up quality for quality.

How bout you read a few of your own posts before accusing someone of not being able to post subjectively.

Buchanan (as recognised by one of your more savvy fellow bomber supporters) is quality. Buchanan had injury concerns this season, hence his low output, and hence my statement that the swans would probably be getting the slightly better deal.

When on his game, buchanan is in the top handful of swans players currently on the list (as confirmed by longmires recent list assessment).
I only mentioned him, as I see his type of player as expendable, as we have surplus of them. Yet his value (and age) is comparable to lovett.

You may even remember Buchanan kicking the winning goal in the '05 grand final, if you were watching footy back then. :rolleyes:

Posted similar on Bombers board but in brief

Lovett and he seems to fit the Sydney onfield midfield requirements well! perhaps perfectly?

If Sydney really want Lovett, Swans will not be out bid$ (by any club) for this uncontracted player .

Sydney has lost all these from cap.... B Hall, L Barry, M O'loughlin, T Kennelly, J Crouch, N Fosdyke...to me thats close to $2mill to spend!!!

They can "front load" contracts massively.

Lovett has influence $$$,$$$ :eek: on where he wants the deal to be done. This means less pressure on Swans to offer equivalent trade value.

Eg Port offer Burgoyne but can only pay Lovett $X....Lovetts says nah!! only clubs who will pay me $Z, Sydney say Essendon you can have Johnny Doe.... he has potential!!!:D

I suspect Voss having seen two premierships won where a ruckman missed the bulk of the season but was pivotal in the finals will be of the view that three is a minimum, not an excess, number of ruckmen.

we actually have 6 ruckman...I just think we could trade one quality ruckman to fill another need. If not The lions will likely play Clark at CHB

I didn't realise Buchanan only kicked the two goals this year. Scratch my idea, we would be getting screwed in such a deal. Sydney are going to have to offer quality to get him, there is going to be stiff competition for his services. He would suit the Swans perfectly, give their blue collar midfield a bit of dash.

Umm yeah ok i will start researching the names of every clubs B&F just for you. :rolleyes:

Why do you think Sydney and Essendon are not good trade partners?

The last deal involving Ted Richards for pick 19? (Courtenay Dempsey) seems to have worked out pretty good for all parties involved.

The Richards deal worked for everyone, agreed.

But right now it seems Roos wants to keep his picks. What would Essendon reasonably expect other than a high pick? A veteran Swan who is not part of the rebuild but could have an impact for Essendon straight away.

Lovett and pick 10 would be likely a better deal than Hawthorn would sign off on. The only question is whether you want his big contract on your cap as you re sign your kids over the next two years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think lovett and our 2nd round for swans 1st round is pretty fair just depends if swans will change there mind for that i think they might

I think there is a very low chance of the Swans being interested in that.

A year ago, there were screams of derision from many Bombers fans about the idea of O'Keefe and our second round for your first round. The pick positions are close to identical. Did you think that was a fair trade last year?

i dont think their is much at the swans thebombers would be intrested in that they can actually get besides 1st rounder, mcveigh or goodes i dont think sydney hasto much essendon would.

i just hink that it wil be a lovett and 1st or 2nd rounder for burgoyne i cant see another deal happening unless its a low first rounder

I don't want a draft pick for Lovett (unless its an unlikely Top 10 pick). We must trade for a player and i don't see anyone at Sydney that Essendon would want/need. I would think that another club would have to be involved if a trade to Sydney would be successful.

You want to trade pick 10 + Lovett for potential? I would like a player to show a lot more than what Vezpremi has shown before we start giving up so much. Lets also not forget that pick 10, whether it be used in the draft or trade for a player, needs to be used towards trying to land a good midfielder, preferably inside. I don't know if Vezpremi was drafted as a mid but from what i have seen of him he looks like a handy fp/hff type at best.

But Jimi, he's young and he was hyped pre-draft on BF.

In other words, a perfect match for bno1.:rolleyes:

I think there is a very low chance of the Swans being interested in that.

A year ago, there were screams of derision from many Bombers fans about the idea of O'Keefe and our second round for your first round. The pick positions are close to identical. Did you think that was a fair trade last year?
Fair point i can see where you are coming from but coming of our season last year i think it would have been very unwise for a first year coach to trade off a early first round pick. Although in most cases i think trading with pick ugrades ie player + 3rd for a 2nd pick works as the club gets the player they what but can still bring in some youth and the club trading the player doesn't feel cheated. To me and of course it depends of the quality of player and where a list is at but
Lovett + 2nd for 1st
or
Lovett for 2nd
which one looks better to you, because to me i'd probably prefer to gain a player and still be able to bring in some sort of youth earlier on instead of having to use a 4th pick. Consider as well it looks like you will have a fair turnover this year you would probably prefer the player and still get a low pick instead of having to use a 4th or 5th rounder but thats more for swans supporters to work out as i'm not a 100% on your list.

Lovett + 2nd for 1st
or
Lovett for 2nd
which one looks better to you, because to me i'd probably prefer to gain a player and still be able to bring in some sort of youth earlier on instead of having to use a 4th pick. Consider as well it looks like you will have a fair turnover this year you would probably prefer the player and still get a low pick instead of having to use a 4th or 5th rounder but thats more for swans supporters to work out as i'm not a 100% on your list.

I think you'll find you'd be the only one to prefer pick 26 and 22 over pick 6 and and 4th/5th rounder.

Liz hit the nail on the head though, we wouldn't take that deal for O'Keefe, and he's a better player with a lot less baggage.

I think you'll find you'd be the only one to prefer pick 26 and 22 over pick 6 and and 4th/5th rounder.

Liz hit the nail on the head though, we wouldn't take that deal for O'Keefe, and he's a better player with a lot less baggage.
I do see where you are coming from but my reason for going for the upgrade is because of a higher list turn over from the swans this year don't get me wrong if a trade is done with the swans it will most likely be there 2nd round pick but just say you have to pick up say 5 players what would you rather.
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th or
2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th
now although the later picks can be spaced within 3 spaces because other clubs pass this is meant to be a shallow draft which is a stong reason for and against but i do believe that players make their own destiny just some have more talent anyway i'm not a recuiter but i still reckon we might be able to pull it off.

My proposal, fairest trade

Sydney Lose: Buchanan, pick 22

Sydney gain: Lovett, pick 26

Port Lose: S.Burgyone

Port Gain: Pick 10, Pick 22

Essendon Lose: Lovett, Pick 10, Pick 26

Essendon Gain: S.Burygone, Buchanan

Sydney trades a fringe player that is proven in the past. They pick up a quality speedster which is what they need and downgrade their second rounder only 4 places. Keeps their draft picks.

Port get a first rounder pick 10, pick 22 an early second rounder losing a quality player at 26 with a knee problem potentially? very fair.

Essendon frees up its cap $500,000 with lovett gone and improves its second rounder to pass onto port. Buchanan a quality crummer comes into the forward pocket at 26. Burgyone adds some class and slots into the midfield.

thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back