Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh cmon, its got nothing to do with the redevelopment. 3.20pm on a Sunday afternoon 11 degrees with a chill factor of well below that, predicted rain and the day before school goes back a huge factor............nice try
A (digital) brick in a wall of disillusion.

As mentioned by several on here, when the only thing you hear from the club is ‘loyal supporter…give us more money’ it can alienate some.

You are right there is the whole rest of the club except VFL being in the bucket contributing too!

Well I didn’t go due to work so that’s my excuse. Did you go?
He’s not having a go at you, he is saying that if we were winning, the crowd would be significantly bigger. Those people that miss a game because they had work last week, would also miss the game 5 years ago because of work. The reason the crowd was low is not because of all these other factors people mention like school holidays or it’s cold, it's because we aren’t winning and we’re unlikely to win.

The weather, low ladder position etc. accounts for the majority of absences on Sunday. It’s the missing ~10,000 supporters (who normally go no matter what) that the club has to worry about.

Why did they not come? Well, we’re probably in the worst spot that you’d want to be in for supporter interest. Last on the ladder, no top 5 picks to watch, no clear direction off-field, no fresh new gameplan, uncertainty surrounding the exciting senior players that’s normally bring people (e.g., Dusty, Bolton). Also, we have Gale who committed elsewhere and other off-field leaders that brought us success running for the exit. Our supporter base has a connection with the Premiership administration. We don’t know who they new crew are.

It’s a perfect storm that led to apathy among the supporter base. A lot of uncertainty surrounding the club right now, and it’s hard to sell hope in these circumstances.

At least that’s how I see it.

did media whinge when this happened

my guess is no

View attachment 2050499

this was our lowest attendance since 2004, yet pies da biggest club in da universe has gone lower 🤣🤣🤣
That one was at Marvel.

Their Fremantle game in Round 14 2016 drew 20,320. I think that’s worse because it’s an established side and at the MCG

I felt the same, was really surprised at how little came back to members after 2017, especially as anyone buying a membership after 2016 was a glutton for punishment !

But no, the club just promoted premiership merch.

Corporate mentality I guess? It’s not really a club in the usual sense, too big a business for that, maybe.
Most would be pretty happy with more finals appearances and flags after 2017 , what were you expecting a free coffee mug , weird the entitlement that is sprouted followed by poor me
Grateful that after years of seeing piss and wind we finally reached premiership mountain not once but 3 x
Hope to see it again some time , that’s what drives ya

Reckon we only had about 10k to a Gold Coast game at Marvel in 21, but that was a weird post Covid seasons.
exactly that doesnt count nor should it as there was covid restrictions

by the way our coach told us not
to go there

Most would be pretty happy with more finals appearances and flags after 2017 , what were you expecting a free coffee mug , weird the entitlement that is sprouted followed by poor me
Grateful that after years of seeing piss and wind we finally reached premiership mountain not once but 3 x
Hope to see it again some time , that’s what drives ya
disagree. Everyone involved in 2017 should have got something. Not a mug, too heavy, but a commemorative something, anything, could be a cap, a tie pin, even a sticker. It was an 'I was there' moment for a club that went from 17th-to-1st.

Was a huge lost opportunity by the club to let members know they were part of something, rust them on.
For me it was ~15 years investment, for some it may have been 37 years investment!
But as mentioned by someone else, it was 100% monetised unless you were in the very inner sanctum.

People aren't dumb, even us mad tiger fans. Anyway you reap what you sow.
Attendances don't lie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

disagree. Everyone involved in 2017 should have got something. Not a mug, too heavy, but a commemorative something, anything, could be a cap, a tie pin, even a sticker. It was an 'I was there' moment for a club that went from 17th-to-1st.

Was a huge lost opportunity by the club to let members know they were part of something, rust them on.
For me it was ~15 years investment, for some it may have been 37 years investment!
But as mentioned by someone else, it was 100% monetised unless you were in the very inner sanctum.

People aren't dumb, even us mad tiger fans. Anyway you reap what you sow.
Attendances don't lie.
I think the attendances have more to do that we’ve won 2 games than people didn’t get some rubbish tri colored cap for free , who’s kidding who , that’s laughable , attendances show more than ever patrons turn up in numbers when there’s a reasonable chance of a win , when that gets to near zero chance , the numbers speak for themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back