Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

sante you headin in this weekend?

Unfortunately not. Have to work and it’s too much mucking around to get there by bounce of the ball. I went to Crows v Saints instead though 😅

id argue in the games current cfl stand rule state which was brought in to stop our dynasty, youre more of a true supporter if you dont go than if you do

just my opinion
lol nice try , not a member and don’t ever go , do you even count as a supporter , not by anyone’s definition I wouldn’t think , you’re basically a non contributor

lol nice try , not a member and don’t ever go , do you even count as a supporter , not by anyone’s definition I wouldn’t think , you’re basically a non contributor
go buy some digital bricks mang

Reckon if Meehan stays and the maggots still umpire us differently than everyone else, RFC will be in a world of financial hurt in 2025.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
U prob haven’t been watching but fyi we had more frees than gws on weekend in fact umpiring last month has been acceptable since it was blown up in media a month ago

U prob haven’t been watching but fyi we had more frees than gws on weekend in fact umpiring last month has been acceptable since it was blown up in media a month ago
They still influenced the game on Sunday in the last quarter with a blatant missed free kick in front of goal for us. Then two dubious ones to them which both resulted in goals. There were other serious penalties against us which hurt us along the way. They even up the count , but we generally get our free kicks where the opposition aren’t hurt. The Ryan free was there everyday of the week . They pick their moments now to influence results, so they’ve basically been told to cheat when it’s the right time.Dont be fooled or gullible Bo as it’s still happening.

And for people saying it was school holidays ending and cold bc of the low numbers well it’s bullshit as results have never been so low in the last few years. People are speaking with their wallets to be heard as nothing positive on where the club is heading has come out.
Maybe, just maybe, it's not ONE thing but a combination them?

Some people absolutely wouldn't have gone because of school holidays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So work is an excuse? For those that work weekends. Did you go?
NO it's no different as previous years as you go by historical evidence. So everyone now has started working on weekends since last year? Work is not an excuse, but you're making it one as the number of weekend Richmond supporters wouldn't have significantly increased since last year. They turned up for the Dusty game , so there must have been some irate bosses that day? Sorry TT if weekend work was affecting crowds then games would be scheduled during the week is your argument.

NO it's no different as previous years as you go by historical evidence. So everyone now has started working on weekends since last year? Work is not an excuse, but you're making it one as the number of weekend Richmond supporters wouldn't have significantly increased since last year. They turned up for the Dusty game , so there must have been some irate bosses that day? Sorry TT if weekend work was affecting crowds then games would be scheduled during the week is your argument.
Well I didn’t go due to work so that’s my excuse. Did you go?

They still influenced the game on Sunday in the last quarter with a blatant missed free kick in front of goal for us. Then two dubious ones to them which both resulted in goals. There were other serious penalties against us which hurt us along the way. They even up the count , but we generally get our free kicks where the opposition aren’t hurt. The Ryan free was there everyday of the week . They pick their moments now to influence results, so they’ve basically been told to cheat when it’s the right time.Dont be fooled or gullible Bo as it’s still happening.
Yes but there’s been a substantial change to the 15-25 days , which I equate to a 3-4G advantage , in afl footy can’t really complain about an isolated decision it’s quite subjective as you know

Well I didn’t go due to work so that’s my excuse. Did you go?
So you represent the RFC supporter base? Again you go by historical data as that's the evidence on attendance and not by the notion i had to work , so everybody else must be working.
Had you read my post you would've seen I said i live too far away to get to games and if i lived in Melbourne i would always attend as i love the club. It would have to be a major family or friends event for me to not go.

Yes but there’s been a substantial change to the 15-25 days , which I equate to a 3-4G advantage , in afl footy can’t really complain about an isolated decision it’s quite subjective as you know
I disagree Bo as there were three nasties in the last that swung the momentum their way.

But the club will really miss your whining, bitching, and victim mentality.
Please stay. The club will never improve without your pathetic bitching.
Take it easy Tiger! Ours is a broad church, I’m glad if you are happy with what the club is doing.

I’m happy with these parts of the club currently:

VFL team
Morro

So you represent the RFC supporter base? Again you go by historical data as that's the evidence on attendance and not by the notion i had to work , so everybody else must be working.
Had you read my post you would've seen I said i live too far away to get to games and if i lived in Melbourne i would always attend as i love the club. It would have to be a major family or friends event for me to not go.
I never said that. Just giving a reason why I didn’t and some others.

THIS for me is a significant factor. Just CBF watching a game that’s been hijacked by SHocking and incompetent and corrupt umpiring. Love my Club and I’ll continue to be a paid member, but the state of the game has taken the wind out of my sails.
This.
There were 130 ‘STANDS’ in a half of the Friday night game.

Unwatchable + unhearable for me!

Have felt these ever since 2017. Felt like the club immediately went into "cash in" mode when we made the GF and kept at it right through COVID. Messages from RFC started to feel like messages from a utility company, except we weren't getting anything much in return for paying our bills, as there was no attendance at the games. Not only that, as a family that had been attending as members for decades, it felt like the bandwagon was allowed to just climb right over us in some ways. I know that's largely unavoidable when you go from 30k members to 100k, but it contributed to the feeling that I didn't have to make it to every game possible or to support the club financially outside of what would give my family the best value on the games we do attend.

I never miss a game on TV and will follow the club until I die, but the feeling of obligation to do anything else as a "supporter" is pretty much gone.
I felt the same, was really surprised at how little came back to members after 2017, especially as anyone buying a membership after 2016 was a glutton for punishment !

But no, the club just promoted premiership merch.

Corporate mentality I guess? It’s not really a club in the usual sense, too big a business for that, maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back