LRT weak link

Remove this Banner Ad

swannykika

Team Captain
Jun 3, 2007
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Now I know that Ive never been an LRT fan, of which I am aware there are plenty in this forum, but geez, you cant tell me he is in our best 22?

hes just gotten back from an injury that took his whole season away last year
give him sometime 2 get back into it for the 3 games (1 last season) he has played for us i believe hes already coming back 2 be an awesome player he did very well in the port game and held his ground last night...roosy likes him:thumbsu:

Err... he's also not a ruckman.

He looked very very good during pre-season, playing as a key defender. He's now being asked to do a role that he's not big enough for.

Maybe we should wait for judgement until he's back playing where he should be playing - no, not in Canberra. In our defence.

He wasn't great last night but I thought he performed really well in the first 2 games and I think you may be underrating his importance to our structure down back. Having LRT back there frees up players like Leo to actually line up on someone the same height and use his attacking flair a little more. I reckon once Everitt comes back and LRT gets to settle in the one position we will see him get back to some really good form.

He looked very very good during pre-season, playing as a key defender. He's now being asked to do a role that he's not big enough for.

Maybe we should wait for judgement until he's back playing where he should be playing - no, not in Canberra. In our defence.

haha

+1

LRT is despite the awkwardness a really mid tier player... he's prob quite not tall enough to be a ruck but he's been asked to play it and is at most times quite competitive..

when Everitt finally gets back and he switches back to his original posi at the back he'll be very damaging.. he's quite athletic actually..

I diidn't start off as an LRT fan. But I am now. LRt got outmarked a couple of times against Luenberger, but that was expected given the height difference. At least LRT is more disciplined than Jolly. Those free kicks that Jolly gives away are so frustrating.

For the job that he has been given i think he is doing a mighty job of it. Yeah, he's not great in the ruck but he is giving it a go.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in defense again soon.

I think the point about his importance for our structure as a big defender is a good one. On the other hand, he does make me nervous whenever he gets near the ball - he just doesn't appear to have a very good feel for the game and his skill level is really quite low compared to most AFL players. He's basically a project - a player with good size and athleticism who Roos is trying to turn into an AFL player.

For me, he's not in our best 22 on pure ability, though his versatility at the moment is an asset, as he can back up in the ruck. I hope he doesn't spend too much more time there though because it's clear he doesn't really have a clue what to do in there. Most of the time he doesn't get near the ball in the ruck contest.

I will say this though - the guy has some character. I don't know if there is anyone else on the team who cops as much criticism (including from me!) and is scrutinised as much as he is, yet he's still out there giving it a crack. He does some good things but I think we've all learnt that you really have to take the good with the bad with LRT, because at times he is really, really bad. Still, he's in the team and I hope he has a good year. If he ever gets some consistency with his play, he will be more valuable that I've given him credit for. As it is, he's a very average player in my opinion.

wow i agree, and in short verse

Anyone who needs convincing on LRT should watch the '05 grand final. He was sensational.

Like others have stated, it is unfortunate for us that he is having to ruck at the moment as is much stronger in the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two weeks ago it was Hall is finished Mickey to be retired McVeigh doesn't offer anything but Nick Davis is the best player.

And now this?

Please people lets get some perspective. As Liz said LRT is playing a filler job until spider is back. I thought he did some good things in the past weeks and is crucial to our make up. We need him a KPP down back. He was sorely missed last year.

Two weeks ago it was Hall is finished Mickey to be retired McVeigh doesn't offer anything but Nick Davis is the best player.

And now this?

Please people lets get some perspective. As Liz said LRT is playing a filler job until spider is back. I thought he did some good things in the past weeks and is crucial to our make up. We need him a KPP down back. He was sorely missed last year.

Well said.:thumbsu:

Well said.:thumbsu:
Some posters just dont understand the game.I thought this was a stupid thread from the start and wasnt going to comment but some people have got to get a grip and and realise stop gap measures in footy some times have to come into play because of injuries to certain players and in most instances they are never great successes but get Everitt back and send this kid back to CHB back where he belongs and let him play there on a consistent basis and he is capable of being All Australian in the next couple of years but a weak link,please!!!!!!! Give me a spell!!!!!!! :confused:

Some posters just dont understand the game.I thought this was a stupid thread from the start and wasnt going to comment but some people have got to get a grip and and realise stop gap measures in footy some times have to come into play because of injuries to certain players and in most instances they are never great successes but get Everitt back and send this kid back to CHB back where he belongs and let him play there on a consistent basis and he is capable of being All Australian in the next couple of years but a weak link,please!!!!!!! Give me a spell!!!!!!! :confused:
well said natural,spot on as always

Now I know that Ive never been an LRT fan, of which I am aware there are plenty in this forum, but geez, you cant tell me he is in our best 22?

he's our centre half-back, and as such would be among the first half-dozen i'd pencil in
he has been very good playing out of position in ruck, although saturday night was not as effective as the previous week
when LRT's career is finished he will be acclaimed as a club great, he has years ahead of him and will become an outstanding central defender

This is a silly thread, LRT is easily in our best 22, but as others have pointed out, as a CHB, not a second ruck.

When Spida is back, he should move back to the backline when he belongs and take on the second best big of the opposition (with CB taking the best big). And Richard as a third tall/floating mark that helps out against the likes of Brown and Pavlich etc.

For me, the thrid three games is enough for me to put Leo permanently out of a KP position - he was really bad defensively against both Port and Bradshaw. And with Malceski out, he's going to help us more running out of defence as a third tall/back pocket.

I seem to recall him getting beaten to the lead quite a few times when he was on Tredrea. When Cornes moved to forward line, CB was on Cornes and Richards on Westhoff if I remembered correctly.

Ebert is not exactly a big though.

I seem to recall him getting beaten to the lead quite a few times when he was on Tredrea. When Cornes moved to forward line, CB was on Cornes and Richards on Westhoff if I remembered correctly.

Ebert is not exactly a big though.

Richards played predominantly on Tredrea. Grundy was on Westhoff. Leo on Ebert.

Ebert isn't big, no. But your comment that Leo was defensively poor against Port isn't supported by any evidence.

I don't think the majority of the people in here watch the same LRT as I do. He is awful, if it weren't for Chad Fletcher, Matt Carr and Carlton he would be in serious consideration for the worst player getting a game.

He can't kick, his hands are average at best, he is just an ugly footballer. That said, he reminds me a bit of Darren Glass, who was pretty much the same when he first started out. I think there is some definite potential, there is no way he is in our best 22 right now though, I hope not anyway, but he is needed for structural reasons, we need his size in defense and thus he gets a game, he is not even close to being in our best 22 regardless of position, but with positional consideration, he gets the nod I guess.

Not a fan though.

Anyone who needs convincing on LRT should watch the '05 grand final. He was sensational.

Like others have stated, it is unfortunate for us that he is having to ruck at the moment as is much stronger in the backline.

You cant rate a player on a gf performance from 3 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

LRT weak link

Remove this Banner Ad

Back