Luke Ball - the final say

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree completely. Dumb stuff indeed.

Why the hell there is no "All of the above" option, God only knows.

Put your teeth back in timmid....but I do appreciate that at least even one as thick as you understands the subtle stupidity of your fellow supporters.....:eek::D

Lets have a poll:

1 How thick is Timmid?

2 Was Timmid born thick or did the Collingwood cheer squad environment play a role?

why?

wasnt Eddy asking the questions in the Riewoldt interview?

Dont like the answer....dont askdumb questions??

Fairly easy......even for Ed and his soon to be "boned" radio show.....:D

Well since you ask...no.
The response which left Riewoldt red faced and unable to look up whilst making it. The one in which he rose from his seat leaving the presser while in mid answer was a presser in Dromana. It was on Sports tonight and I am not aware of who asked the question. The question was about what he said to Eddie on radio.

That aside. I am not even talking about that incident in my last post, but the fact Saints supporters accuse Pies supporters of bringing Luke Ball up again.

Firstly Ross Lyon had his two bob's worth twice in the last week then Riewoldt towed the company line on radio, with Ed and then embarrassed himself on TV in the presser I mentioned above. I don't blame Riewoldt but Lyon for putting him in such a position when talking about Ball who is still a very good friend.

Now exactly how any Collingwood supporters organised these two to bring Ball up again is a mystery especially since Lyon maintained while bagging Ball that he had "let the entire issue go" the minute it was clear to him Ball was leaving the Saints...eg when he asked to be traded.

So I again suggest you talk to Lyon and Riewoldt.

Well since you ask...no.
The response which left Riewoldt red faced and unable to look up whilst making it. The one in which he rose from his seat leaving the presser while in mid answer was a presser in Dromana. It was on Sports tonight and I am not aware of who asked the question. The question was about what he said to Eddie on radio.

That aside. I am not even talking about that incident in my last post, but the fact Saints supporters accuse Pies supporters of bringing Luke Ball up again.

Firstly Ross Lyon had his two bob's worth twice in the last week then Riewoldt towed the company line on radio, with Ed and then embarrassed himself on TV in the presser I mentioned above. I don't blame Riewoldt but Lyon for putting him in such a position when talking about Ball who is still a very good friend.

Now exactly how any Collingwood supporters organised these two to bring Ball up again is a mystery especially since Lyon maintained while bagging Ball that he had "let the entire issue go" the minute it was clear to him Ball was leaving the Saints...eg when he asked to be traded.

So I again suggest you talk to Lyon and Riewoldt.

Who are Lyon and Riewoldt posting under? I don't see them bringing it up on Bigfooty?

Who are Lyon and Riewoldt posting under? I don't see them bringing it up on Bigfooty?

So you expect there would be no discussion of their comments.:rolleyes:

It is the off season.

So you expect there would be no discussion of their comments.:rolleyes:

It is the off season.

The media asked the questions, so I wouldn't blatantly accuse Riewoldt or Lyon of bringing it up.

And as for bigfooty, a collingwood supporter brought it up. So why say we're accusing pies supporters of bringing it up, when in fact you did. :rolleyes:

The media asked the questions, so I wouldn't blatantly accuse Riewoldt or Lyon of bringing it up.

And as for bigfooty, a collingwood supporter brought it up. So why say we're accusing pies supporters of bringing it up, when in fact you did. :rolleyes:

Lets just say I'm Ross Lyon...

Journo "Ross could we revisit that Luke Ball thing again?"
Ross " I think we have covered that. Luke is no longer a Saints player and the club wishes him the best in the future."

Journo "Nick. What do you have to say?"

Nick "Luke is a good mate and I wish him the best at his new club."

Maybe I should be Lyon's media advisor.

Lets just say I'm Ross Lyon...

Journo "Ross could we revisit that Luke Ball thing again?"
Ross " I think we have covered that. Luke is no longer a Saints player and the club wishes him the best in the future."

Journo "Nick. What do you have to say?"

Nick "Luke is a good mate and I wish him the best at his new club."

Maybe I should be Lyon's media advisor.

We'll just borrow the pies advisor and hide our players from the media.

We'll just borrow the pies advisor and hide our players from the media.

You see it's very simple to have these things finalised.
It's when the Coach can't let go that the issue constantly resurfaces.

You see it's very simple to have these things finalised.
It's when the Coach can't let go that the issue constantly resurfaces.

true, poor Rupert was never heard of again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets face it, Ball was going nowhere, he tried to hang on, he lied about his intentions then pissed off. A contrived act of revenge or the actions of a man who cant or wont commit over reasons that probably have to do with loyalty and commitment cutting both ways. It was obvious that he had become surplus to the clubs needs but he was given an opportunity to stay which he then signaled he would take up.
Had he been jettisoned by the club a similar diatribe would have been created.
Did St Kilda lose out? Of course they did. Did Collingwood get a bargain? Of course they did.

Really, really bad Poll, needs more options and perhaps Jack Watts.
The only fact about Luke Ball is that he did not want to put the hard yards in at St Kilda so he decided to go somewhere where it is not frowned upon to be a passenger.
He was not in St Kildas best 22 for most of the season because of a piss poor work ethic.
Collinwoodnt were too arrogant to offer anything more than pick 25 and were very lucky to be able to snatch him at 30. A ploy that will probably not work in the future.
The fact that every other club passed on the opportunity to gain his services really shows his worth and shows how over rated the whole fiasco is in the first place:thumbsdown:

I disagree here.
Ball wanted out so the saints tried their very hardest to trade him to the pies. The pies played hardball not wanting the guy in their team.
They then thought about it a little better and took him on. From what I have heard Luke's doing ok at Collingwood.

This is funny.

You say Pies played "hardball" in NOT wanting Luke in our team.

Pretty amusing because you are suggesting Luke wanted to leave a team that no longer rated him, hellbent on joining a team that also did not want him?? :eek:

Should leave this kind of stuff for the bay.

This is funny.

You say Pies played "hardball" in NOT wanting Luke in our team.

Pretty amusing because you are suggesting Luke wanted to leave a team that no longer rated him, hellbent on joining a team that also did not want him?? :eek:

Should leave this kind of stuff for the bay.
Yes from what I remember they did play hardball.

From a st kilda point of view Luke Ball cracked the shits at being left on the bench for the majority of the last quarter in the Grand Final. He wasn't given a chance to shut down the opposition.
Go and have a look at the replay of that game. I know you being a pies fan don't believe it but go and watch the replay.

Then he went and told St Kilda that he didn't want to play for them and opted for a trade. St Kilda did everything to allow this trade go through but Collingwood didn't want to do it the easy way. Instead they offered shitty deals that wasn't any good.
St kilda declined them all as they weren't good enough.
It was left to Collingwood to pick him up in the draft.

Yes from what I remember they did play hardball.

From a st kilda point of view Luke Ball cracked the shits at being left on the bench for the majority of the last quarter in the Grand Final. He wasn't given a chance to shut down the opposition.
Go and have a look at the replay of that game. I know you being a pies fan don't believe it but go and watch the replay.

Then he went and told St Kilda that he didn't want to play for them and opted for a trade. St Kilda did everything to allow this trade go through but Collingwood didn't want to do it the easy way. Instead they offered shitty deals that wasn't any good.
St kilda declined them all as they weren't good enough.
It was left to Collingwood to pick him up in the draft.

He did not "crack the shits" as you put it. Rossy Lyon made it crystal clear with his actions during the season and words in the off-season that he was no longer in their best 22, despite wanting to retain him as a depth player. Not the first time a player has left for more opportunities and less coin too.

Also, if you have actually bothered doing the proper research rather than go with the old "Collingwood are stingy traders theory", you would have realised that St Kilda were offered more in trade terms than what Collingwood actually ended up getting Ball for. It left egg all over Rossy Lyon's face considering his comments about "where is Luke Ball rated in the draft".

He did not "crack the shits" as you put it. Rossy Lyon made it crystal clear with his actions during the season and words in the off-season that he was no longer in their best 22, despite wanting to retain him as a depth player. Not the first time a player has left for more opportunities and less coin too.

Also, if you have actually bothered doing the proper research rather than go with the old "Collingwood are stingy traders theory", you would have realised that St Kilda were offered more in trade terms than what Collingwood actually ended up getting Ball for. It left egg all over Rossy Lyon's face considering his comments about "where is Luke Ball rated in the draft".

Mate, I think it's fairly obvious that Suzi's cousin, Brad Scott would have told her what really went down. Why you'd argue with such a high source of information is beyond me.

and some say that Brad Scott was the one pulling all the strings in the Collingwood coaching box, and really point to Collingwood's decline last season as the same time Brad left the coaching box, so really, it's like Mick Malthouse x 3.147.

Winners and losers of trades/drafts change every year. The Medhurst/Tarrant trade the perfect example. Collingwood got the better deal two years ago when Medhurst made the AA, Fremantle got the better deal last year when Medhurst struggled with injury and Tarrant had a very good year. A lot depends on how Reid performs as well.
Congratulations, you've successfully compared a new car to alloy wheels and a rear spoiler. Unfavourably in 2008, favourably in 2009.

Medhurst was the last-minute steak knives in the Tarrant deal. Ben Reid is what we got as compensation.

The fact we managed to get a top 10 pick in a draft that was very highly rated at the time was a fair effort.

Even if we stuffed up the pick, Fremantle losing the chance to draft a top player for Tarrant means they can never see the trade a win imo. Let's be honest, Fremantle are a very young team. Tarrant is a good defender these days, but if Fremantle become a good team, when it happens, Tarrant won't have the athleticism that he currently relies on heavily to play well.

Trading for a good player who won't actually be good when you need him most isn't a good trade, even in hindsight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Ball - the final say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back