Luke Dahlhaus v Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

johnmandiddy

Senior List
Nov 14, 2007
Sandy Bay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I saw this being touched on in an earlier thread, but wouldn't mind seeing some poll results...
Both players are exciting prospects and both don't mind kicking a goal.
So the question from me is which one you would prefer at your club?

Fasolo, better size, takes contested marks and goes for his marks like a mad man, kicks goals and has silky skills, really rate this bloke.

Dahlhaus has been impressive too, had a very good game last week.

Dahlhaus has explosive speed, is good at ground level, has clean disposal, provides defensive pressure and links up really well in confined spaces. Give him room to move and this kid will burn you off, top prospect.

Dahlhaus for me

A friend of mine takes footy pretty seriously and was at the Vic Country games and said he was astonished Dahlhaus never got picked in the draft, Said Heppell was the class, Parker the guts, Atley the tackle breaker, Adams and Dahlhaus the workers and determination.
said many recruiters got this so wrong.

When Dahlhaus starts doing this come and see me, until then it's Fasolo by quite a space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gnQhMufPpQ

Everyone has good games. Tutt just tore a game apart on debut this weekend. Would you say he is better than Dahlhaus?

Here are some highlights of Dahlhaus- how you can say Fasolo is quite a bit better I don't know. I'd say they are pretty close either way. Dahlhaus is ahead in my mind.

Here are some Dahlhaus highlights (first minute of the first vid includes his u18 highlights then it goes to a selection of his goals at AFL level).

[YOUTUBE]YM44QBp7-fQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2jCB9E1nQLM[/YOUTUBE]

And just another look at his goals vs Essendon:

[YOUTUBE]i8mLlaQS3gc[/YOUTUBE]

It's unfortunate these only concentrate on his goals. There are plenty of other highlights- outmarking Ben Rutten, his chase and tackle on Yarran and Robinson, the buildup to that goal vs Melboure he kicked from the tight angle where he laid two tackles to force the turnover then finished.

Everyone has good games. Tutt just tore a game apart on debut this weekend. Would you say he is better than Dahlhaus?

Here are some highlights of Dahlhaus- how you can say Fasolo is quite a bit better I don't know. I'd say they are pretty close either way. Dahlhaus is ahead in my mind.

Here are some Dahlhaus highlights (first minute of the first vid includes his u18 highlights then it goes to a selection of his goals at AFL level).

[youtube]YM44QBp7-fQ[/youtube]

[youtube]2jCB9E1nQLM[/youtube]

And just another look at his goals vs Essendon:

[youtube]i8mLlaQS3gc[/youtube]

It's unfortunate these only concentrate on his goals. There are plenty of other highlights- outmarking Ben Rutten, his chase and tackle on Yarran and Robinson, the buildup to that goal vs Melboure he kicked from the tight angle where he laid two tackles to force the turnover then finished.

They were only goal highlights of Fasolo too (from one game to mind you), the marks Tube was pretty shit, he's taken much better marks than that, mark of the week just about 2 weeks ago and out stretched Cloke in a pack last week, has range from 60, Sorry to disagree brother, but it's Fasolo quite clearly IMO.

I forgot that every kid at Collingwood is the best in the league.

Imagine how Dahlhaus would go in a team where he is taking the 5th best midfielder behind Swan, Pendlebury, Thomas, Ball?

Or up forward where guys like Cloke, Dawes, Beams, Sidebottom take the better defenders.

Fasolo - liked him a lot pre-draft (had him in my top 30) - good all-round player - I think he will he will be a quality long-termer for Collingwood, perhaps at best develop into a similar strong bodied, footy smart midfield/half forward player to Chapman.

Dallhaus - I liked his tenacity and evasiveness, but didn't see him as any more than a rookie pick - he's definitely surprised me with the impact he's had this season and looks like he could sustain a decent career as a small forward.

from what I've seen, Fasolo has been better, but they're both what, 7 games into their careers? So who knows really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet the poll shows I'm far from defeated.

And the stats. Dahlhaus contributes more goals, more inside 50's, more tackles. Slightly more disposals and slightly more supercoach points.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3556&tid2=5&pid2=3490&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

You need to be very carefull comparing 2 players who have only played a handfull of games with averages, Fasolo has been the sub or subbed off on more than one occassion meaning his averages are greatly reduced, not saying your boy hasn't been either but i would suggest they would have very different TOG averages.

I forgot that every kid at Collingwood is the best in the league.

Imagine how Dahlhaus would go in a team where he is taking the 5th best midfielder behind Swan, Pendlebury, Thomas, Ball?

Or up forward where guys like Cloke, Dawes, Beams, Sidebottom take the better defenders.
I sure hope you aren't implying he'd be our 5th midfielder.

Once teams start sitting on Dahlhaus I feel he will be quite ineffective. Fasolo I believe has a far greater scope for improvement.

Once teams start sitting on Dahlhaus I feel he will be quite ineffective. Fasolo I believe has a far greater scope for improvement.

That's the same with every player. Sit on them to render them ineffective.
You could say exactly the same for Fasolo.

I was implying that I believe Fasolo has the size/speed/game, that once developed will be superior and able to combat this.

From what I've seen of the two, Dahlhaus would be much quicker. Watch that 2nd goal vs Essendon again.

Fasolo is better overhead, he is a superior kick (by quite a margain) & he is a better clearance player. Jaxon Barham was quite a deal quicker than Steele Sidebottom but it meant little.

The East Freo boy is the real deal. He just keeps getting better and better. I would rather him wear a navy blue jumper. But good luck to him.

I'd rather have Fasolo in my team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Dahlhaus v Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back