Luke Dahlhaus v Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Fasolo has skills and strength over Dalhaus. Dalhaus has speed and agility. Dalhaus will definitely do some exciting things and be a good player. I'd back Fasolo to be the more consistent contributer over their careers though.

Dahlhaus by a country mile.

Put Fasolo in the current Dogs team and watch him fall to nothing. Put Dahlhaus in the current Collingwood team and watch him become Joel Selwood 2007 all over again.

Fasolo is buffered by playing in the 20-1 team.

I'm another that thinks Dahlhaus will be a early riser but will have limited improvement. To be fair, I also think the same about Jarryd Blair.

Not sure why people say that, i mean how do you know?, has as much chance of a good career as anyone else, his light frame's the only thing i can see being a problem but i'm sure he'll bulk up.

Not sure why people say that, i mean how do you know?, has as much chance of a good career as anyone else, his light frame's the only thing i can see being a problem but i'm sure he'll bulk up.

Well, what the hell is the point of this thread if not for us to be making (largely) unfounded predictions?

I just feel his physical attributes and game style won't translate into him being a star much like Blair. I think they'll always be good, solid players. I think Fasolo's skills, physical ability and nous give him a higher chance of being a gun player.

Dahlhaus by a country mile.

Put Fasolo in the current Dogs team and watch him fall to nothing. Put Dahlhaus in the current Collingwood team and watch him become Joel Selwood 2007 all over again.

Fasolo is buffered by playing in the 20-1 team.
Comparing Dalhaus to Joel Selwood. Interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like them both.
Just want to know a bit about Dahlhaus...
Is he a midfielder or a small forward? If so, I don't think he will make it as a midfielder, he is just too small - you could say that for Blair as well with reason, but Blair is an in and under mid so size is not so much a problem.
Dahlhaus as a small forward he has the tools though - speed, backs himself, seems to have a good footy brain, good skills.

I see Fasolo as our new Lockyer, floating accross the wing and half forward for his entire career. Lockyer had the ability to be a marking target up forward and a small forward with very good kicking skills. He also went in the middle and made an impact.

Whichever player finds his niche and can excel at it will end up the better player.

Dahlhaus is a small forward.

he was put on the wing for that third quarter vs Essendon, which this Essendon poster remarked on:

Dahlhaus please.

That 3rd quarter against Essendon. wowee

From how he has been playing, he'll mainly play as a forward and pinch hit on a wing.

I like them both.
Just want to know a bit about Dahlhaus...
Is he a midfielder or a small forward? If so, I don't think he will make it as a midfielder, he is just too small - you could say that for Blair as well with reason, but Blair is an in and under mid so size is not so much a problem.
Dahlhaus as a small forward he has the tools though - speed, backs himself, seems to have a good footy brain, good skills.

I see Fasolo as our new Lockyer, floating accross the wing and half forward for his entire career. Lockyer had the ability to be a marking target up forward and a small forward with very good kicking skills. He also went in the middle and made an impact.

Whichever player finds his niche and can excel at it will end up the better player.
That might be the worst comparison that any footy player has ever made of a player for the team he supports.

Fasolo has already done more hard acts in his time in a Collingwood jumper than Tarkyn did in most of his career. He projects as a centre square midfielder capable of pushing forward - His balance with his head over the ball, his aggression and his body strength make him a natural candidate to spend plenty of time around stoppages.

That might be the worst comparison that any footy player has ever made of a player for the team he supports.

Fasolo has already done more hard acts in his time in a Collingwood jumper than Tarkyn did in most of his career. He projects as a centre square midfielder capable of pushing forward - His balance with his head over the ball, his aggression and his body strength make him a natural candidate to spend plenty of time around stoppages.

I'm a footy player am I?

Fasolo is more outside than inside. Why would we waste his marking and outside ability in the centre when he would be much better use on the wing? Wellingham, Beams and J Thomas/Blair are our centre square midfielders of the furture.

I'm a footy player am I?

Fasolo is more outside than inside. Why would we waste his marking and outside ability in the centre when he would be much better use on the wing? Wellingham, Beams and J Thomas/Blair are our centre square midfielders of the furture.
Don't mistake playing in a peripheral position to not being an inside player. I've seen plenty in Fasolo that says he will have the ability to be an extractor in the future. Simply saying he's not an inside player because we already have inside players is stupid reasoning. A player either has the attributes to play inside or he doesn't. Fasolo looks like he does.

And if you are talking about his attributes being used to it's fullest, one of a wingman's greatest strengths is pace, which he doesn't particularly have.

With his makeup and the way he runs at the ball almost headfirst at full speed, I can definitely see the Paul Chapman comparison. He probably won't be quite THAT inside, but a lot of his attributes match up well with that comparison.

I haven't seen much of Dallhuis, but he looks like a short skinny burst forward pocket. He's not someone who looks like he will ever have the physique to play a particularly physical game. He will be an outside player, with good pace. Looks like a talented player, but as some have said, it's a bit early to judge. If I had to pick I would obviously take the inside/outside player with the elite kicking skills who is good in the air and has the size to play more physically.

Fasolo's kick to Krak in the last was 50 metres off 2 steps, put to the absolute sweet spot. The Footscray lad doesn't have this skill.

Lol! For every player in the Collingwood side. 'he's just an average player playing in the best Collingwood side! Put him in port Adelaide and see what happens'
So we've established that Reid is only good because of the players around him. Cloke only cause of the delivery he gets, swan is a stat plodder and not elite, fasolo is just another player playing with the best team in the league... With no stars apparently... God bf posters are anti Collingwood.

Lol! For every player in the Collingwood side. 'he's just an average player playing in the best Collingwood side! Put him in port Adelaide and see what happens'
So we've established that Reid is only good because of the players around him. Cloke only cause of the delivery he gets, swan is a stat plodder and not elite, fasolo is just another player playing with the best team in the league... With no stars apparently... God bf posters are anti Collingwood.
We heard similar arguments about Jack Anthony after he kicked 50 goals in his first full season with Collingwood. Leigh Brown is still a muppet who wouldn't be in WC's best 22. Koschitzke's and Brown's efforts in the first Grand Final were equally pathetic.

Fasolo projects as an AFL mid due to his manchild frame, yet he was run down last night because he lacked the pace to break away.

Fasoslo. :p :D

Both have some X factor within sight of the goals, yet Dahlhaus's pace and run is electric.

A lack of size hasn't held Garlett and Rioli back.

Doghouse gets my vote.

If Collingwood had landed Dalhhaus in the rookie draft, we'd be hearing rants that Derek Hine has done it again. :rolleyes:

Fasolo's kick to Krak in the last was 50 metres off 2 steps, put to the absolute sweet spot. The Footscray lad doesn't have this skill.

Dahlhaus has done that several times in his 9 games so far. Not from 50m, because he can't quite kick that far, but from 40-45 he has done it on more than one occasion.

Dahlhaus has done that several times in his 9 games so far. Not from 50m, because he can't quite kick that far, but from 40-45 he has done it on more than one occasion.
So you're saying he's done it several times, but then said he hasn't done it at all because he can't kick that far?

You agreed with the post you quoted. He doesn't have that skill set.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Dahlhaus v Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back