Luke Hodges Speech

Remove this Banner Ad

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Firstly congratulations Hawthorn FC a well deserved flag for a respected club.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Luke Hodge in his speech after he received the Norm Smith thanked Dicker, Dunstall, the Fans , Clarko, the AFL, sponsors, Tasmania.
No mention of Jeff Kennett. Jeff always seems to be in the rooms with his tie and jacket and I get the feeling the players couldn't give a rats toss.
Hodge by not giving his president credit seems not really have much respect for this man- I don't blame him.

Firstly congratulations Hawthorn FC a well deserved flag for a respected club.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Luke Hodge in his speech after he received the Norm Smith thanked Dicker, Dunstall, the Fans , Clarko, the AFL, sponsors, Tasmania.
No mention of Jeff Kennett. Jeff always seems to be in the rooms with his tie and jacket and I get the feeling the players couldn't give a rats toss.
Hodge by not giving his president credit seems not really have much respect for this man- I don't blame him.
Probably just forgot. His head would have been up in the clouds at that point.

Me neither.:eek: I know Jeff is a true loyal Hawk, but it's just weird having a politician as your President. As soon as he talks, your first instinct is to say "Liar" even if he talking about the weather...:D

Meh, Dicker had done alot more in his time as President to contribute to the flag than Kennett has. If we win another one in the next 3 years, he can be thanked then.

I thought it was great, I wouldn't hold it against him if he left Kennett out deliberately and I don't think anyone could hold it against him.

Nothing at all against Hodge's speech-it was good. What I am saying is that I reckon the players just don't like Kennet. Liking Kennet is hard to do. The fact that he left him out seems to send that message. Nothing wrong with disliking him.

Nothing at all against Hodge's speech-it was good. What I am saying is that I reckon the players just don't like Kennet. Liking Kennet is hard to do. The fact that he left him out seems to send that message. Nothing wrong with disliking him.

Didn't direct that at you directly mate.

Just stating that I don't think anyone could hold it against Hodge or the rest of the playing group if they didn't like Kennett, it's understandable.

Most of our supporters don't like him either so all is good! But really I don't think he intentionally left him out it's just that Dicker was the most important off-field person to thank in a way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL at North supporters trying to pick holes in the win, the speeches etc...geez that chip is going to be even bigger on their shoulders next year.

If your read the OP first then make a statement-flog- I actually congratulated HFC.
All I am saying is Kennet is a Bafoon and I reckon a lot of Hawks would feel the same. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodges Speech

Remove this Banner Ad

Back