Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS would have edited the video to make sure it looked like everything went to plan so we probably shouldn't be using this as a source of information in the first place. The only thing we can be sure of is GWS were surprised by Adelaide taking Pedlar as they thought we wanted Stone. The rest is speculation.

Yeah that's what I thought. Everything was centred around Bruhn. If they were so surprised that Pedlar went to the crows, then they would have expected him to get to their first pick and hence would have been talking about Pedlar for pick 10, not Bruhn.
That said, they aren’t going to release a video which shows them talking about anyone other than Bruhn as their main target

You know, ‘we got our man’ etc etc

Am I the only one who doesn’t really care if GWS wanted Pedlar or not?

Most teams were probably surprised when we picked Doedee, too
It doesn't matter in the slightest. I think people just like to know that a draftee was highly sought after to ease their anxiety or maybe people just want to have a dig at GWS and feel like we got one over them.

It’s because they thought their trade with us was a done deal and they had Pedlar in the bag. Starting to show a hard edge in our trading and drafting this off season, love it.
St Kilda disagree

So they recorded a propaganda video for every scenario and then released the Bruhn one?
No. They recorded one video and edited it to make it look like everything went to plan. Pretty much every team is doing this. The Crows have one of these videos on their website too. It's just PR bullshit to make clubs look savvy and organised.

No. They recorded one video and edited it to make it look like everything went to plan. Pretty much every team is doing this. The Crows have one of these videos on their website too. It's just PR bullshit to make clubs look savvy and organised.
I know but literally straight after Essendon's pick they said they were going to take Bruhn with their first pick if he gets past Adelaide. There is no other way to interpret that.

The only plausible scenario (if these rumours are true) was that they were hoping to trade with Adelaide to get Pedlar with pick 10 and Bruhn at 9. When this didn't happen they were resigned to the fact that Freo would probably take him and they were happy with Stone using their pick after. If Stone went to Adel then it looks like they had a trade lined up with North to get ahead of Freo potentially to take Pedlar there. Looks to me like they had Bruhn > Pedlar = Stone and were hoping for 1 of the latter two.

Am I the only one who doesn’t really care if GWS wanted Pedlar or not?

Most teams were probably surprised when we picked Doedee, too

I'm just glad we didn't trade down or for future picks for a change. You've got to back your recruiters in at some point.

Usually would agree but not this time around. Everybody says 2021 is a strong draft. I would have liked a few more picks for next year.

We'll likely have a top 2-3 pick, plus two second rounders, plus whatever compo picks we receive as we've got a few free agents who will likely leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive only seen highlights but the way he tackles is pretty reminiscent of Hodge. Skirts the line between hardness and thuggery. Not complaining about it though. We need a few more like that at Adelaide.

I was thinking that about Berry too, some of those tackles looked to rattle the bones.

I was thinking that about Berry too, some of those tackles looked to rattle the bones.

There was a tackle in Berrys where he dove on someone and threw him out of the camera frame. That was rather brutal, and I assume the moment that poor kid realised he was never going to become a pro footballer.

There was a tackle in Berrys where he dove on someone and threw him out of the camera frame. That was rather brutal, and I assume the moment that poor kid realised he was never going to become a pro footballer.
That was a thing of beauty. Latched onto him and threw aside like he was nothing at all. Kind of felt bad for the kid who copped that.

Pedlar seems to do the same thing when he tackles. He drives them into the ground hard.

That was a thing of beauty. Latched onto him and threw aside like he was nothing at all. Kind of felt bad for the kid who copped that.

Pedlar seems to do the same thing when he tackles. He drives them into the ground hard.
Suspension territory in the AFL. We need them to go hard but make sure they are not getting suspended each game.

1.23 mark of second video"

1608015078003.png

Pure physical intimidation.

Looks a natural footballer. Matt Crouch on steroids, who can tackle with ferocity and with two way running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Back