Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It does matter, because it goes to how highly they rated him.

We had some on here imagining total devastation based on their footage from the draft. We had BACCS stating what a hard edge we developed by keeping our pick when it looks like there was only one club Freo likely to pick him that early.

The recent AFL article pointed out they weren’t considering him with their first 2 picks.

Look I’m not unhappy we picked him that early, I just find the need to talk up his selection by imagining this great demand is just delusional based on a need to justify the selection and make themselves feel better about it.
AFL article written by Cal Twomey, don't put too much credence in it.

You don't really need a high ATAR for an accounting degree. Like, 75 or so will get you in.

This is like when Dangerfield needed to stay home to focus on his year 12 and then it came out he was applying for a degree that had an entry score of 60.

Alternate, just as likely narrative: he *did* focus, he’s just a dumb ****

AFL article written by Cal Twomey, don't put too much credence in it.
So I’ll put more credence on this boards interpretation of “no way” and McArtney’s unchanging facial expression and BACCS mayo.

With the level of information in Twomeys article he’s clearly done post draft research and the clubs were more open to divulging what happened as the draft is done.

So I’ll put more credence on this boards interpretation of “no way” and McArtney’s unchanging facial expression and BACCS mayo.

With the level of information in Twomeys article he’s clearly done post draft research and the clubs were more open to divulging what happened as the draft is done.
Clubs feed Cal info, he's effectively their little plaything these days.

I'm not saying believe what you read here, you'd be silly to do so all the time but I do know I wouldn't take what he says as gospel.

Clubs feed Cal info, he's effectively their little plaything these days.

I'm not saying believe what you read here, you'd be silly to do so all the time but I do know I wouldn't take what he says as gospel.
There’s always the video where he wasn’t mentioned in the 4 at all.

There’s always the video where he wasn’t mentioned in the 4 at all.
It's funny how you guys choose to believe some media and not others.

Clubs aren't going to say "yeah damn those bloody Crows they stole our player"

It's funny how you guys choose to believe some media and not others.

Clubs aren't going to say "yeah damn those bloody Crows they stole our player"
Funny? Which media is stating they were devo that we picked Pedlar? Which media is stating he was in their top 2 choices? There isn’t one shred of information out there that supports it and yet plenty here believe that’s the case based on “No way”, a steely stare and BACCS mayo.

Funny? Which media is stating they were devo that we picked Pedlar? Which media is stating he was in their top 2 choices? There isn’t one shred of information out there that supports it and yet plenty here believe that’s the case based on “No way”, a steely stare and BACCS mayo.
Not just BACCS had that info, he's just the one who shared it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was? It’s funny how posters on here know who GWS were going to pick and not one journo has that intel. Amazing, almost unbelievable
Might not have been the Giants either.

He wasn't surviving to 22, that much is certain. And no one was entertaining our picks swaps.

I find this a pretty strange hill for you to die on.

Might not have been the Giants either.

He wasn't surviving to 22, that much is certain. And no one was entertaining our picks swaps.

I find this a pretty strange hill for you to die on.
So you’re now saying there’s isn’t intel that GWS were going to pick him instead of Bruhn, but he wouldn’t have made it to 22. I’ve said they weren’t going to use their first 2 picks on him.

I’m not dying on any hill, you’ve just backed my point up but you’ve pushed shit up hill getting there.

Well..this is like one case in america where the hospital debated whether it was coronavirus that killed him or the 3 bullets in his chest..the big picture is he is dead and nothing is bringing him back..

Pedlar is ours and whether GWS or FREO or whoever might have picked him is a mere footnote and means stuff all. We rated him enough to use our 2nd pick and that is that

Well..this is like one case in america where the hospital debated whether it was coronavirus that killed him or the 3 bullets in his chest..the big picture is he is dead and nothing is bringing him back..

Pedlar is ours and whether GWS or FREO or whoever might have picked him is a mere footnote and means stuff all. We rated him enough to use our 2nd pick and that is that
Hence why it's a strange hill to die on.

So you’re now saying there’s isn’t intel that GWS were going to pick him instead of Bruhn, but he wouldn’t have made it to 22. I’ve said they weren’t going to use their first 2 picks on him.

I’m not dying on any hill, you’ve just backed my point up but you’ve pushed sh*t up hill getting there.
There was Intel they were going to pick him, whether you choose to believe that or not is the basis of this discussion and also one with BACCS.

If not for that we would still be talking about how good this kid is going to be for us.

There was Intel they were going to pick him, whether you choose to believe that or not is the basis of this discussion and also one with BACCS.

If not for that we would still be talking about how good this kid is going to be for us.
You keep referring to that hill and here you are not letting go, it may be because you don’t know what’s been discussed.

The discussion has not been that I’ve said they weren’t going to pick him, I even said this morning that they may have used their third pick on him.

My point was there has been nothing to state they rated him as highly as we did, that they were not devo because they had other players lined up for their first 2. I’ve even said this morning that I was happy we picked him, I really don’t care how other clubs rated him. I just find it laughable that some on here need to vindicate how high we picked him because of this make believe notion GWS rated him as highly as we did.

You keep referring to that hill and here you are not letting go, it may be because you don’t know what’s been discussed.

The discussion has not been that I’ve said they weren’t going to pick him, I even said this morning that they may have used their third pick on him.

My point was there has been nothing to state they rated him as highly as we did, that they were not devo because they had other players lined up for their first 2. I’ve even said this morning that I was happy we picked him, I really don’t care how other clubs rated him. I just find it laughable that some on here need to vindicate how high we picked him because of this make believe notion GWS rated him as highly as we did.

Let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Back