Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So I’ll put more credence on this boards interpretation of “no way” and McArtney’s unchanging facial expression and BACCS mayo.

With the level of information in Twomeys article he’s clearly done post draft research and the clubs were more open to divulging what happened as the draft is done.
Lol

Cal: what happened with Pedlar?
GWS: crows ****ed us again Cal
Cal: can I print that?
GWS: sure

Well..this is like one case in america where the hospital debated whether it was coronavirus that killed him or the 3 bullets in his chest..the big picture is he is dead and nothing is bringing him back..

Pedlar is ours and whether GWS or FREO or whoever might have picked him is a mere footnote and means stuff all. We rated him enough to use our 2nd pick and that is that
Just like people who have pilloried Faith for saying Thilthorpe would still be available to us at pick 9.

He totally was, after we used pick 2 on him.

A
Just like people who have pilloried Faith for saying Thilthorpe would still be available to us at pick 9.

He totally was, after we used pick 2 on him.
FAITH...been a week and a half and he has not been sighted and still has not settled his bet with me. He must have gone ghost protocol

Last edited:
Pedlar is ours and whether GWS or FREO or whoever might have picked him is a mere footnote and means stuff all. We rated him enough to use our 2nd pick and that is that

Yeah exactly. The key point here really is that we rated Pedlar that highly, that we didn’t want to potentially risk losing him by sliding four places back, in an attempt to bring our pick 22 seven places forward.

Given we paid a 3rd rounder next year, a pick with some value given we’ll likely be bottom end next year, to move up 2 spots in the mid 20s to get Cook, there’s a fair chance we ended up with the same players we were chasing with that pick swap anyway.

The others it sounds like we were interested in were Stone, Powell and McInnes. By dropping back to 13 and 15, we don’t suddenly get access to 2 of those anyway, given 2 of Stone, Powell and Pedlar are likely gone by 13 anyway and McInnes bid would be matched. Do we go Bailey Laurie ahead of Cook? That’s probably the other name suggested.

End of the day, it seems pretty clear Pedlar was the one we wanted with our 2nd pick in the draft. We initially thought we might be able to drop back and get him, maybe we could have, but in the end we felt it wasn’t worth the risk. Its worth noting that last time Ogilvy reached for a 1st rounder like we did with Pedlar, was for Doedee.

Either way its pretty clear the live draft (ie non-NGA/FS) was a fair crap shoot after the 1st 5 picks. The issue wasn’t the shortage of talent, but ranking it was very difficulty given the lack of footy, even for the WA/SA lads. One club’s 6th ranked player is probably another club’s 25th ranked player and vice versa.

Not sure. From memory, he wanted to get into marine biology. I'm guessing not.
Cleaning the otter cage at Adelaide zoo probably doesn’t require too much study.
Marine biology would be a hard way to make a living I expect.

To be fair to Faith, maybe his source was fed misinformation so we could hide our true intentions? I’m sure that’s the line Faith will use anyway
It was probably Fantasia, who was a garbage recruiter. He probably would've had Thilthorpe at 9.

It was probably Fantasia, who was a garbage recruiter. He probably would've had Thilthorpe at 9.
I think the more likely option is Faith is full of it and there is no source. When you’re caught out spinning stories of who you’ve seen at a cafe, there’s a fair chance you’re not shy in spinning bullshit

To be fair to Faith, maybe his source was fed misinformation so we could hide our true intentions? I’m sure that’s the line Faith will use anyway
Thilthorpe was never slipping to our 2nd pick... as you just need to read how many clubs rating him either the best player or close to.

Was an unrealistic pipe dream.

Last edited:
And that’s the most likely scenario with GWS, why would you leak who you want?
Leak someone realistically who isn’t at the top of your list for that pick/s
If you can spook a club into taking someone else , then that’s one more player you rate ahead available.
Obviously the other club (us) has to be interested at that pick which we were.
Happy days, as he looks a ripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really irrelevant whether GWS or Freo wanted Pedlar! We got him and we felt he was worthy of pick 11.

If we are confident that he is a worthy selection at 11, then we should not be justifying why we took him at 11. If our reasoning is because GWS or Freo wanted him then it's a wrong choice.

I think he will be worthy pick and will be a great player for us. Whether GWS or Freo wanted him is irrelevant.

Fair enough. But still pay up on your bets.

It says a lot about people’s integrity when they don’t pay up on bets. They would happily accept the win, and the other person paying up, but go missing when they lose?

It is very, very poor. Settle up. Misinformation ok, but a bet is a bet.

Lost the bet. Settle up.

You only need one source to know a club is interested in a player. But to confidently say a player will make it to 12 you’d need to have quite a few sources. Or your single source has quite a few sources. A prediction like that can, and did, so easily go wrong. I admired the confidence though. FAITH has made a few correct calls over the years, and a few wrong ones. I hope he continues to make these calls in future. But perhaps he ought to do it with slightly less surety.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Back