Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Many posters are a lot like footy media, race to be the first.

No one wants to be the last person still thinking a player will make it as well.

As soon as there's a sniff a player won't make it everyone rushes to call it, then repeat it a thousand ******* times so everyone knows.

It's probably a protection mechanism to prevent them from getting their hearts hurt, mixed in with frustration. See Jones, McHenry McAsey etc.

It's not about trying to be right to say "called it", just commenting on what I was thinking at the time since I take interest in list of the club. Year 4 the "penny dropped", and it didnt translate on field so I lost faith. It was the wrong call and he came good halfway through year 5.

Pedlar can for sure come good but he's very far behind and there are questions on his body. A full preseason will do a world of good, but he's always been injured dating back to juniors. There is reason to be concerned but not to write him off.

It's not about trying to be right to say "called it", just commenting on what I was thinking at the time since I take interest in list of the club. Year 4 the "penny dropped", and it didnt translate on field so I lost faith. It was the wrong call and he came good halfway through year 5.

Pedlar can for sure come good but he's very far behind and there are questions on his body. A full preseason will do a world of good, but he's always been injured dating back to juniors. There is reason to be concerned but not to write him off.
Wtf? He is not far behind. It’s his second year on the list. If you haven’t seen his potential to be a very good player then you are blind.

I’ll give you the “questions on his body” comment.

No one wants to be the last person still thinking a player will make it as well.

As soon as there's a sniff a player won't make it everyone rushes to call it, then repeat it a thousand ******* times so everyone knows.

It's probably a protection mechanism to prevent them from getting their hearts hurt, mixed in with frustration. See Jones, McHenry McAsey etc.

Post of the year. Seriously.

Funny. I’m all in on Pedlar. Had a great month in the lead up to last week.

I just wish they gave him more bursts on the ball, particularly when he’s struggling to get involved in the game.
i honestly just think thats his fitness base and where its at at the moment
wait for next year

That’s just nonsense.

We are on a football forum sharing our opinion on the club, coaches, players.

A newish player is going to create a lot of discussion because they are new and depending on the pick, we may have invested a lot of capital on them hence the attention. No one on here wants any of our players to fail, so there is no joy in calling a dud.

As for the 3 players you mentioned, all first round picks, all significant capital used. Hence the scrutiny and you’d be a supreme optimist to think any of them are going to become players worthy of first round selections let alone good players. So those that share the opinion that they are poor selections, what are we supposed to do? Stay silent? Not share our frustration and annoyance? Then you get rather silly overly optimistic opinion on players that are debated.

Draft failures then require a closer look at our head recruiter at a time when we are in a rebuild. It’s all part of assessing our list and whether we think the rebuild will be successful.

Then there is the fear that we will allow more average players to build 200 game careers at our club and we will continue to be without a premiership since 98.

So no, there’s no rush to call a pick a dud, actually it’s rather shit that the optimism and enthusiasm of a new draftee is replaced by a sense of another failure.

That’s just nonsense.

A newish player is going to create a lot of discussion because they are new and depending on the pick, we may have invested a lot of capital on them hence the attention. No one on here wants any of our players to fail, so there is no joy in calling a dud.

As for the 3 players you mentioned, all first round picks, all significant capital used. Hence the scrutiny and you’d be a supreme optimist to think any of them are going to become players worthy of first round selections let alone good players. So those that share the opinion that they are poor selections, what are we supposed to do? Stay silent? Not share our frustration and annoyance? Then you get rather silly overly optimistic opinion on players that are debated.

Draft failures then require a closer look at our head recruiter at a time when we are in a rebuild. It’s all part of assessing our list and whether we think the rebuild will be successful.

Then there is the fear that we will allow more average players to build 200 game careers at our club and we will continue to be without a premiership since 98.

So no, there’s no rush to call a pick a dud, actually it’s rather s**t that the optimism and enthusiasm of a new draftee is replaced by a sense of another failure.
Post of the year. Seriously.

That’s just nonsense.

So no, there’s no rush to call a pick a dud, actually it’s rather s**t that the optimism and enthusiasm of a new draftee is replaced by a sense of another failure.

You've just interpreted what I've said incorrectly.

Read my post again.

I'm saying these posts are likely a coping mechanism mixed in with frustration. It's not a brag.

When you say, what are people supposed to do? How many times do some people have to say 'x is a bust'. Yeah, we ****ing get it.

Can't do it for long enough, or anywhere near it. Concerned

He was sat on the bench for last quarter of last weeks game after dominating. Not sure his minutes against NA. Pretty sure he’s just being managed because of his injuries. I think this pre-season will be the one that sets him up for a good year after two post season surgeries last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was sat on the bench for last quarter of last weeks game after dominating. Not sure his minutes against NA. Pretty sure he’s just being managed because of his injuries. I think this pre-season will be the one that sets him up for a good year after two post season surgeries last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the amount of 1 week injuries he's had points to an abundance of precaution with him 👍

Read my post again.

I'm saying these posts are likely a coping mechanism mixed in with frustration. It's not a brag.

When you say, what are people supposed to do? How many times do some people have to say 'x is a bust'. Yeah, we ******* get it.
You said posters are like the media, race to be first, no one wants to be last. I read it. How else is it to be interpreted?

Whilst the players are on the list, are getting games you will continue to hear it during their careers. It becomes debates when you read silly posts like good positioning to excuse a bloke who can’t actually win the football. Or he applies pressure for a guy who can’t kick 35 metres and has average skills and zero goal sense playing up forward.

You said posters are like the media, race to be first, no one wants to be last. I read it. How else is it to be interpreted?

Whilst the players are on the list, are getting games you will continue to hear it during their careers. It becomes debates when you read silly posts like good positioning to excuse a bloke who can’t actually win the football. Or he applies pressure for a guy who can’t kick 35 metres and has average skills and zero goal sense playing up forward.

There's this big fear here where people do not want to be the last of the posters still believing in a player. I've said why I think some people do this.

Anyway, I'm not going to labour the point. Just how I'm viewing things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke really is coming home with a wet sail in that HFF position. 7.3 in the last 3 games with at least 1, hopefully 2 more to play.

Would love him to hammer home this kind of form going into the offseason.
Cmon Lukey !!......

Kramer Jockey.gif

Read my post again.

When you say, what are people supposed to do? How many times do some people have to say 'x is a bust'. Yeah, we ******* get it.

Post of the century. Seriously.

He just can't stay healthy.

McHenry played 41 of 44 AFL games. Pedlar has been in and out more than Ron Jeremy and couldn't get up for a prelim.

McHenry played injured.

I'm not a fan when he's fit, but he was clearly hampered for a good few games this season. His pointing to space dropped off big time.

McHenry played injured.

I'm not a fan when he's fit, but he was clearly hampered for a good few games this season. His pointing to space dropped off big time.

Yeah - the key difference is McHenry could play AFL. Has played 41 of 44 games. There was no real drop-off between his best and worst.

The key point here is that Pedlar has struggled to play half a season over the past 4 years. Thats the concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Back