Roast Luke Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

Not kidding.
You're right tho, he had played so few games there had to be question marks over his future. But there were a few good games.
But now he has had 5 games to impress. To be what we need. To be the guy who can blanket a Ziebell (as latest example). I probably had him in the one more year group.. but after these 5 weeks , being poor in all of them. Its good to know for sure.
And he really only got a go due to injury and us having no other options. (Except Siggins)

Winning club games hides 1-2 average players ........but you need to beat your opponent 1:1, you need as a 196cm player to be able to take a contested mark or out body an opponent

Fact is he's a 182cm defender in a 196cm body that has everyone fooled

Just nothing.

Thompson has been 4th or 5th in the queue for a long time. Attrition has seen him get a handful of games over the journey. Could he eventually be a No 3 at AFL level? We didn't know. Plenty of very mediocre talents can survive in that role effectively. Spangher just got another contract at Hawthorn. You can skimp on No 3 defenders, as it's the easiest position on the ground to fill.

If the club KNEW he wouldn't have got games ahead of Shaw, Hartigan, Rutten this season.

You finally got one call right and the trumpet blowing symphony is deafening!
Don't be condescending ....it doesn't suit you

Harsh ....at #60 Siggins was always a project player, and two years doesn't = project player

3rd PS and i'd expect to to see where he is in latter part of next season

How many years of Shit football did Bock play before he started to show something .....four years at least
I like all his attributes just hasn't put it all together. His 2nd half of this year has been a lot better than his 1st half. Remember it's his first season of league sanfl footy and our defense was under the pump all year.

Harsh ....at #60 Siggins was always a project player, and two years doesn't = project player

How many years of Shit football did Bock play before he started to show something .....four years at least
I like all his attributes just hasn't put it all together. His 2nd half of this year has been a lot better than his 1st half. Remember it's his first season of league sanfl footy and our defense was under the pump all year.

This ......very much plays in the Bock mould

Just needs time

Winning club games hides 1-2 average players ........but you need to beat your opponent 1:1, you need as a 196cm player to be able to take a contested mark or out body an opponent

Fact is he's a 182cm defender in a 196cm body that has everyone fooled

In case my point wasn't clear - I agree with you! But he'd played so few games, there was still a maybe there... Not any more.

In case my point wasn't clear - I agree with you! But he'd played so few games, there was still a maybe there... Not any more.
I understand you were agreeing ......my point is players fall into 3 categories:

1. You can see from day 1 they're going to make the grade

2. You can see from day 1 they're not going to make the grade

3. Those that can go either way due to primarily their attitude to improving / changing ......and whether they're footy smart or footy dumb

L.Thompson in his time with the club HAS NOT improved one iota ....not in four years ...so the deficiencies behind him being rookied & not drafted still remain

Brad Crouch ...fell into category one (no smarts required to pick that)

L.Johnson and Jeansch fell into category 3 .......us supporters can only guess as to which way they'll turn out ;)

Isn't AFL standard. Got absolutely torn to shreds by Ziebell and a couple of weeks ago by Kennedy. Can't handle playing on any quality opposition. His 1:1 efforts are absolutely deplorable. We desperately need to pick up a KPD during the off season.

Siggins deserves another year as still an unknown - unlike Shaw & lt we already know they are not up to afl level.

Isn't AFL standard. Got absolutely torn to shreds by Ziebell and a couple of weeks ago by Kennedy. Can't handle playing on any quality opposition. His 1:1 efforts are absolutely deplorable. We desperately need to pick up a KPD during the off season.

Agreed, definitely isn't AFL standard. Maybe he'll get there...but at the moment he's a liability.

Also really ****en irked me to see him smiling and laughing as he walked alongside a North player after the game. Most likely it was just unfortunate timing but it was in the same little bit of footage of various Crows players looking absolutely devastated, many of whom played much much much better games than he did.

Siggins deserves another year as still an unknown - unlike Shaw & lt we already know they are not up to afl level.
No Shaw is up to AFL ....the question now has to be asked is his body

Would not surprise to see Shaw delisted and then rookied ......it's probably the best Shaw can hope for as we can't tie up a list spot on a player who may or maynot get up ......but he's too good a talent to cut completely loose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not surprise to see Shaw delisted and then rookied ......it's probably the best Shaw can hope for as we can't tie up a list spot on a player who may or maynot get up ......but he's too good a talent to cut completely loose
Can't kick = can't play afl!

The question has to be asked if he can learn how to kick..

Luke Thompson = Jacob Schubak = Bryce Campbell = Mike Cook = Luke Jericho = Nick Gill

Should be not too harsh about Adam Saliba.

LT just hasnt got the mongrel in him, hes not going to make it unless he get some shit in him, that youre not beating me Talia attitude! In saying all that Jaensch, Smith and in particularly Hendo all lack this quality. Hendo has been insipid since his return, and whilst Smiths year has been very good his last two weeks have been average.

The question has to be asked if he can learn how to kick..
Has to learn to trust his body .......until he gets continuity into his game nothing improves & his game remains stagnant

It'll be interesting at years end to see how the clubs medical dept views Shaws Body ??

I agree he was pretty useless, but was done no favours by those up the ground. Ziebell kicked all his goals in 10min bursts where no crows could get there hands on the ball. Very frustrating game

I've been saying for years Thompson won't make it...saw him live in a game against Norf ironically...that was 3 years ago I think and he was totally lost on the ground, couldn't spot the ball in the air and keep contact with his player and got out marked and made to look silly all day long. He looks better than that now but still a long way to go which makes me think he'll never get there. Santos usually all positive but basically hung him out to dry in the press conference saying they didn't have a match up for Ziebell

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Luke Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back