LVFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh rite I did hear something about that never seen him or Justin play might have to venture out to watch a game then

YCW need plenty Turbo were well out of the finals calculations. You know someone going to play there?

I know they are trying hard to recruit a few (as per most clubs) and yes I know someone considering going up there. Lively forward who should go very well if he decides to accept the offer. Think it's more the travel time. Are they are good club? Is Jessie still coaching? Ripping bloke and was a gun player when playing in Melb back in the day..

I know they are trying hard to recruit a few (as per most clubs) and yes I know someone considering going up there. Lively forward who should go very well if he decides to accept the offer. Think it's more the travel time. Are they are good club? Is Jessie still coaching? Ripping bloke and was a gun player when playing in Melb back in the day..

Murray Collins is Coaching YCW took over from Pat Jess for last Season. Traditionally they've been known to spend very little money but they might have come to the realization they need to change that to build a better list. Prime location in town here and Club generally has a decent reputation so no reason they couldn't build a good side if they upped the ante. We're very strong late 90's early 2000's when there wasn't much money in the competition. Your mates they are speaking to are Melbourne based?

Murray Collins is Coaching YCW took over from Pat Jess for last Season. Traditionally they've been known to spend very little money but they might have come to the realization they need to change that to build a better list. Prime location in town here and Club generally has a decent reputation so no reason they couldn't build a good side if they upped the ante. We're very strong late 90's early 2000's when there wasn't much money in the competition. Your mates they are speaking to are Melbourne based?

Thanks Dragon for the detailed reply, very helpful. Yes mate the person I know lives in Melb. It's only 1 player that I know mate, but his just weighing up the travel etc..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think so yes. This is not to be taken the wrong way but the comp needs blokes to head out of Bridgey..not back in..
Especially with the points system in full swing next year.. Hopefully clubs can develop existing players as the system won't allow anyone to recruit heavy enough to catch up.

The point system has its merits but it doesn't stop clubs spending up big, if a club has multiple high point recruits then it bumps up the monetary value for quality 1 pointers.
I've also known clubs to select only 19 or 20 players to keep under the allowed points or has a rule come in that you have to field full team?

The point system has its merits but it doesn't stop clubs spending up big, if a club has multiple high point recruits then it bumps up the monetary value for quality 1 pointers.
I've also known clubs to select only 19 or 20 players to keep under the allowed points or has a rule come in that you have to field full team?
The problem with that is the only 1 pointers are current players who have been at the club multiple seasons. If clubs can hold on to recruits then in a few years they will become 1 pointers but the simple fact is every club needs to improve if bridgy are to be beaten on the next 1-3 years and that's not going to happen selecting 19 players or using current players. Because of the skill level of LVFL every recruit is from a higher league bringing points with them.

The problem with that is the only 1 pointers are current players who have been at the club multiple seasons. If clubs can hold on to recruits then in a few years they will become 1 pointers but the simple fact is every club needs to improve if bridgy are to be beaten on the next 1-3 years and that's not going to happen selecting 19 players or using current players. Because of the skill level of LVFL every recruit is from a higher league bringing points with them.

I've seen a few different points system models 1- Where the Premiers are deducted 2 points from the previous year for winning the flag and the Runners Up are deducted 1 has some merit and 2- The Horsham League have just gone through and allocated each club a set of points and a salary cap to work with designed to make the competition as even as possible. Eg- Premiers from this year might have 25k less in their Cap and 5 less points than the side who finished 2nd bottom. I don't mind that either would cause some debate but this whole thing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back