LVFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wou
Might be a good first step to repairing a lot of damaged relationships... Both internally and externally.

Gotta feel for Mellington... Wouldn't be too often you snag 17 and managed to get upstaged!

87 goals from 8 games is dead set taking the p155!
Kicked 110 in 10 games in 2021 at Violet Town too before covid shut that season down.

Monfries is 37 at least
Played like it in the game that I saw a few weeks ago. Side is getting belted and rather than put himself in the thick of the action on the ball or even at half back to try and stem the bleeding, he sat on a HFF flank. Barely heard an instructive word from him there either.

I'm not sure what MGYCW are paying him, but I'm really struggling to see where the value is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen to hear the thoughts from the local supporters on the standard and quality of the umpiring going around country football? With the AFL chopping and changing and the ‘elite’ struggling with consistency, is this flowing into our local football?

What more can be done to assist our local groups with their umpiring, especially with the amount of $$ being thrown around by the clubs for players.

Have posted this in a couple of other groups around the region to get a good gauge on it all.

Keen to hear the thoughts from the local supporters on the standard and quality of the umpiring going around country football? With the AFL chopping and changing and the ‘elite’ struggling with consistency, is this flowing into our local football?

What more can be done to assist our local groups with their umpiring, especially with the amount of $$ being thrown around by the clubs for players.

Have posted this in a couple of other groups around the region to get a good gauge on it all.
Glad you asked: for starters football is a hard game to play and very hard game to umpire with a lot of grey areas, first up double the $$$ umpires get to make it more attractive and hopefully get more ex players and football lovers to take it up, secondly zero tolerance for abuse or lack of respect from players or spectators, suspensions are automatic and severe, thirdly don't push young umpires up to higher grades to quickly

Glad you asked: for starters football is a hard game to play and very hard game to umpire with a lot of grey areas, first up double the $$$ umpires get to make it more attractive and hopefully get more ex players and football lovers to take it up, secondly zero tolerance for abuse or lack of respect from players or spectators, suspensions are automatic and severe, thirdly don't push young umpires up to higher grades to quickly
It's also quite easy for some to criticise umpiring standards. They do have a big job and it's not easy with constant rule changes and players taking the piss at times to draw free kicks. What I don't like is lazy umpiring. I see it all too often in the EDFL where umpires are standing in the middle of the ground so they don't have to go far and get in bad positions where they miss free kicks because they are always watching from behind.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's also quite easy for some to criticise umpiring standards. They do have a big job and it's not easy with constant rule changes and players taking the piss at times to draw free kicks. What I don't like is lazy umpiring. I see it all too often in the EDFL where umpires are standing in the middle of the ground so they don't have to go far and get in bad positions where they miss free kicks because they are always watching from behind.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If the pay goes up and numbers increase the slack ones will be demoted and the keen/good ones will be promoted, to be perfectly honest it astounds me that clubs aren't supplied
anyone to umpire reserves or juniors and have to supply club umpires yet they don't treat umps well, a good, fair no nonsense umpire is worth his or her weight in gold

If the pay goes up and numbers increase the slack ones will be demoted and the keen/good ones will be promoted

First step would be to make that happen in our region.

At the moment it’s a closed shop and selection is more about which family you belong to than ability or performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back