LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I was glad to see big Grayling able to play...gun....Nalder in at fullback, Clutton in this year as well. New blokes at Newbridge in also is good to see

9 first year in the league players named in the squad must speak volumes for the recruiting done over this preseason and sure would suggest the league is going forward in quality. Seems to be a very strong side and they only out of place selection I see is shaw selected at back pocket. Does he have a new role with Serp this year?

9 first year in the league players named in the squad must speak volumes for the recruiting done over this preseason and sure would suggest the league is going forward in quality. Seems to be a very strong side and they only out of place selection I see is shaw selected at back pocket. Does he have a new role with Serp this year?

Big Ax Collins missed selection would be gutted but Luke West would be even more so gutted after that love diary he wrote about Axel after the Emu Valley Cricket Granny had people spewing into their breakfast bowls across the country side. Believe Shaw has been playing down back and killing it Grasskicker so should be fine there.

Mitiamo Football ClubWestern Region Football League (WRFL)Spooner, MichaelPending2014-05-22

When the going gets tough, Spooner gets going. Not the first time he's walked. Says a lot about the bloke really

Mitiamo Football ClubWestern Region Football League (WRFL)Spooner, MichaelPending2014-05-22

When the going gets tough, Spooner gets going. Not the first time he's walked. Says a lot about the bloke really

Club could have played a role in it as well thinking from the prospective to save some money but he is a hot and cold type he was probably only one performance away from a series of big games he went through those patches at North Bendigo. Miti have Newbridge YCW and Inglewood left to play to finish the 1st Round. Newbridge look beyond them at this point and the YCW game will be very interesting.

Very poor from spooner think he would've stuck it out but your right Claude when the going gets tough he gets going

Ventured out and watched the game today and we were totally outclassed. Midfield smashed all day and delivery forward was poor. Question has to be asked, why was ford down back in the 2nd half and Perri not played on ball at all then played the whole 2nd half in the back pocket??? Ridiculous
That sounds ridiculous. Be a fair few questions out of it I reckon. Critcho couldn't do any better but sounds like today's coaches struggled too..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sounds ridiculous. Be a fair few questions out of it I reckon. Critcho couldn't do any better but sounds like today's coaches struggled too..

Might pay to select a decent coach next year. Gregg just not up to it. Two years, two losses. Might pay to fly Billy Grant back from darwin. Now there's a bloke who wasn't good enough to coach marong a few years back so went on to a Mitiamo flag and then interleague success.

Might pay to select a decent coach next year. Gregg just not up to it. Two years, two losses. Might pay to fly Billy Grant back from darwin. Now there's a bloke who wasn't good enough to coach marong a few years back so went on to a Mitiamo flag and then interleague success.

I knew u would be on here straight away with something like this. What's your problem? For the record Greggy was a joint coach this year so are you gunna pot Featherby as well?

Ventured out and watched the game today and we were totally outclassed. Midfield smashed all day and delivery forward was poor. Question has to be asked, why was ford down back in the 2nd half and Perri not played on ball at all then played the whole 2nd half in the back pocket??? Ridiculous

I went for the drive and watched the game too, and totally agree with what you have said. Some serious questions need to be asked about the coaches. Time for a new coach next year for sure !!

Good call. A lot of people would agree.

I knew u would be on here straight away with something like this. What's your problem? For the record Greggy was a joint coach this year so are you gunna pot Featherby as well?

My problem is there is too much of a conflict of interest with the league president and the coaching selection. Pick a coach that the players will have a crack for. This is the only league with co coaches and a playing coach and it did not work. Players that aren't over keen on playing are told they have to represent the league. Gee wiz that worked. How excited are they gunna be knowing their mates are away for the weekened enjoying themselves and they HAVE to play. Heathcote league had a good win with a lot of top players missing. Players that played wanted to play and they done so for a coach who doesn't coach any team at all. Massive difference in the two leagues both at playing level and administration.

My problem is there is too much of a conflict of interest with the league president and the coaching selection. Pick a coach that the players will have a crack for. This is the only league with co coaches and a playing coach and it did not work. Players that aren't over keen on playing are told they have to represent the league. Gee wiz that worked. How excited are they gunna be knowing their mates are away for the weekened enjoying themselves and they HAVE to play. Heathcote league had a good win with a lot of top players missing. Players that played wanted to play and they done so for a coach who doesn't coach any team at all. Massive difference in the two leagues both at playing level and administration.

Is this expert analysis from an informed view of Gregg's coaching not just looking at the scores? Or a dislike for marong?

Do you know players in the interleague squad don't want to play for him?

If you pull on an interleague jumper and decide you don't want to play well because of the coach I would think there's some mental issues for individuals.

What are your views on the non-marong coach?

Central Highlands has a few teams that have dropped out of the Ballarat League in recent years and most of the teams are within an hour of the western suburbs, this has to be an advantage in overall player quality. I like the concept of representative footy but the best players in every competition are never going to commit. In the junior comps every kid wants a crack because it might be a chance to be noticed but after that...? If your league is down the list, how many years would you have to put a top side on the park to make any inroads? Time to look at a more local model where players are likely to move between clubs and where bragging rights might count. An example could be Ballarat, Geelong and Hampden; with the associated district leagues playing against each other. Further north it could be GV, Bendigo and O and M etc.

It would seem that there is a bit of hate for Corey Gregg as a coach, the reason I don't know. What amuses me is he has been a joint coach for the past two years and the bloke beside him has been Dana Featherby. Here is a bloke who had the best team on paper last year and for that matter back in 2005 and couldn't get his side over the line in two grand finals. Questionable decisions in both of those grand finals, so is anyone questioning if players play for him at his home club let alone interleague level.
In stead of taking pot shots from a far, what about coming up with a realistic solution to who should be coach and even more realistic on who wants to do the job. Very easy to throw names up as to who should coach and who shouldn't coach, try actually finding someone who would be good and who wants to do it.
As for the players not playing for the coaches on the weekend, I would say the team was up against it from the start. The side they played out monstored our players up forward and there standard of league is by way far and above ours as a whole. I think the LVFL was getting ahead of itself of where it truly sits.

As far as Billy Grant picking the right players, have a look at the league they played against, one of the shittest leagues on the planet, I don't think they are even in the official rankings. And who were the right players the coaches left out. ( rumour has it Brad Comer thought he should have been in)

I would say the problem would not be with Gregg. He would be well respected in my opinion. He was on the ground playing 95 percent of the game so I would say the bizarre positioning of some players would of been featherbys doing. You have utility's on the bench you could use to fill some holes down back yet instead he chooses to put the leading goal kicker of the comp and one of the best mids down back! Was just all very bizarre from the sidelines.

Not sure it's best to have a coach playing rather than being on the sidelines while we are on the topic. There are 8 other coaches out there it's probably a bit too much for Gregg to be fair to him.

Agree with a non playing coach best way to go was ovens and king league when bill grant was coach and they won by 30 odd points on the weekend about time the league gets it right wasn't at the game but if players are getting played out of position then you have to look at the coach which ever one it may be

Agree with a non playing coach best way to go was ovens and king league when bill grant was coach and they won by 30 odd points on the weekend about time the league gets it right wasn't at the game but if players are getting played out of position then you have to look at the coach which ever one it may be

In Interleague Footy you will get more of players playing in different positions because the cream of most teams that get put forward or selected are mids or key position players. They were also getting beat which prompts more changing of position.

Well Done to Gregg and Featherby for taking the time out of their week to week Coaching loads to take it on the questioning cant be with them more so the league if they are going the right way about selecting a Coach. Should they take applications or offer someone independant some money to focus on the role? But it shouldnt be forgotten they played a strong competition only really 2 Competitions feeding out of Ballarat and they are one of them with 18 Clubs.

Back to Club Footy this week and it looks like a great Round ahead. YCW and Inglewood will both be keen to get another win,
Pyramid vs Bridgey looks set to be a good one, Marong and Serp battling to stay in touch with top 3 and Newbridge and Miti.
Selections?

Remove this Banner Ad

LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back