Gaming Madden NFL 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

What is CFM?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Connected Franchise Mode (CFM) in the Madden NFL series is a feature that allows players to experience the franchise mode of the game in a more immersive and social way. It’s essentially a blend of the traditional franchise mode with online multiplayer elements. Here’s a breakdown of what it entails:

1. Single-Player or Multiplayer Experience:

• Single-Player: You can control a single team in the league, managing everything from trades, drafts, and free agency to gameplay.
  • Multiplayer: CFM allows multiple players (up to 32, each representing an NFL team) to compete in the same league. This means you can play with friends or others online, either cooperating or competing to see who can build the best franchise.

2. Roles:

• Coach: Manage the entire team, including game strategy, play-calling, player development, and more.
  • Owner: Handle everything a coach does, plus manage the financial aspects of the team, including setting ticket prices, relocating the team, and managing the salary cap.
  • Player: Control a single player’s career, similar to a "MyCareer" mode in other sports games, focusing on that player's development and performance.

3. Seasons and Offseasons:

• Players experience full NFL seasons, including preseason, regular season, playoffs, and the Super Bowl.
  • Offseason activities include the NFL Draft, free agency, and contract negotiations, mirroring the real-life experience of managing a football team.

4. Progression and Development:

• Players and coaches develop over time through experience points (XP) earned by achieving in-game goals. This system allows for customization and improvement of player skills, coaching abilities, and team strategies.

5. Customization:

• You can customize your team’s roster, playbooks, and strategies to fit your play style or the strengths of your team.

6. Online League Management:

• You can create or join an online league with friends or the public. These leagues can be managed through the game or sometimes even through companion apps or websites, allowing for trades, scouting, and other management tasks when not actively playing the game.

7. Interaction and Communication:

• The mode allows for communication with other players in the league, which is essential for negotiating trades, scheduling games, or simply talking trash.
CFM has been a staple of the Madden series for years, providing a deep and engaging way to experience the life of an NFL team from multiple perspectives, whether solo or with a group of friends.

Call me a sucker, EA are renowned for hyping up their games, but I've never been as excited for a Madden game as I have this one.

Granted, I hate Madden football, and always preferred 2Ks nfl games in the past. And I will be super excited when 2K starts releasing their new NFL licensed arcade games on console soon.

I hate Madden football

Vince Vaughn GIF

Call me a sucker, EA are renowned for hyping up their games, but I've never been as excited for a Madden game as I have this one.

Granted, I hate Madden football, and always preferred 2Ks nfl games in the past. And I will be super excited when 2K starts releasing their new NFL licensed arcade games on console soon.

2k nfl was average at best it’s just nostalgia that makes people think it was any good.

The nba 2k has gotten worst each year for last 5 or so years. I imagine nfl version being the same if they still held the license.

2k nfl was average at best it’s just nostalgia that makes people think it was any good.

The nba 2k has gotten worst each year for last 5 or so years. I imagine nfl version being the same if they still held the license.
No, Constantgin. No. Just no.
All Pro 2k8 was their best football game btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the new route stemming mechanic, thats amazingly helpful, dont need a million plays in your playbook as you can tinker with the stems pre-snap.

Also love a heap of new trick plays. I'm definitely gonna create a custom playbook just of trick plays.

New ball carrying mechanics are superb too.

Played some superstar the other night. Wasn't much to the pre-draft combine etc. a few drills and interviews to shape your draft stock.

I had fun so far, can see some of the similar elements from CFB and it did feel a little fresher in regard to gameplay and UI than the previous installments have.

Not a deep dive I know, but only played a bit.

Played some superstar the other night. Wasn't much to the pre-draft combine etc. a few drills and interviews to shape your draft stock.

I had fun so far, can see some of the similar elements from CFB and it did feel a little fresher in regard to gameplay and UI than the previous installments have.

Not a deep dive I know, but only played a bit.
thoughts on the game so far?

I've got some JB vouchers so seriously considering picking it up tonight

thoughts on the game so far?

I've got some JB vouchers so seriously considering picking it up tonight

Wanted to play a little more, but I've actually really liked it so far.

I played the last madden probably the least of any of the recent ones, but this one feels new and fun again. Presentation is nice, some good updates with the menus and info in franchise and superstar modes.

Into my first preseason game of franchise and the gameplay feels a little quicker then before. OL sucked early as usual. So will see how required sliders will be. Game atmosphere and animations are better.

Not completely sold on the new commentators yet, but it also still different which is good in that aspect.

Doing CFB again has helped Madden out quite a bit i think.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaming Madden NFL 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back