Gaming Madden NFL 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to say, I am loving this gameplay.
All ive done since i bought the game is install it :( havent practiced etc i guess i will do so close to NFL season start when i create online franchise. Dont care if i suck at the game for a while.

All ive done since i bought the game is install it :( havent practiced etc i guess i will do so close to NFL season start when i create online franchise. Dont care if i suck at the game for a while.

I did much the same until today - installed it last weekend, did a bit of training & then fired up a franchise today & played some preseason games. Very rusty, not that I've ever been that great at the game. There's the usual annoying bugs so far eg I subbed out Barkley at half time but there he is every time there's a 2 RB set. But the gameplay itself has been very good so far.

I did much the same until today - installed it last weekend, did a bit of training & then fired up a franchise today & played some preseason games. Very rusty, not that I've ever been that great at the game. There's the usual annoying bugs so far eg I subbed out Barkley at half time but there he is every time there's a 2 RB set. But the gameplay itself has been very good so far.
All i will practice tbh is perfecting lateraling the ball ;)

All i will practice tbh is perfecting lateraling the ball ;)

I would expect nothing less.

On a more serious note, did you run the comps before? There must be a bit of planning the goes into these I assume (I've never been part of one) Ol mate chatgtp reckons -

As the commissioner of a Madden 25 Connected Franchise, your role is crucial for ensuring a smooth, fair, and enjoyable experience for all participants. Here’s how you can effectively manage and lead your league:

### 1. Setting Up the League
- Choose League Type: Decide if the league will be open to all or invite-only. An invite-only league can help maintain a competitive and committed group of players.
- Difficulty and Settings: Establish the difficulty level, quarter length, game style (simulation vs. arcade), and any other settings. Make sure these are clearly communicated and agreed upon by all members.
- Schedule: Determine how often games will be played (e.g., weekly, bi-weekly) and establish a schedule for advancing weeks. A consistent schedule helps keep the league active and prevents delays.

### 2. Establishing Rules and Guidelines
- Gameplay Rules: Set clear rules for gameplay to avoid "cheesing" (exploiting game mechanics) and ensure a fair experience for all. This might include guidelines on 4th down attempts, onside kicks, and no-huddle offenses.
- Trades: Implement trade rules to prevent unfair advantages. Consider restrictions on trading with CPU teams, the number of trades allowed per season, or requiring trade approvals from a committee.
- Free Agency: Establish rules for free agency to prevent one team from hoarding talent. This might include a waiver system or bidding process.
- Draft Rules: Set up the draft order and rules. Consider using a draft lottery or worst-to-first system to maintain competitiveness.
- Code of Conduct: Ensure that all members understand and agree to a code of conduct that promotes respect and sportsmanship.

### 3. Managing the League
- Communication: Use platforms like Discord, GroupMe, or in-game messaging to keep everyone informed about league activities, deadlines, and updates. Regular communication helps maintain interest and participation.
- Handling Disputes: Be prepared to mediate disputes between players. Establish a system for reporting and resolving issues fairly and transparently.
- Advancing the League: Stay on top of advancing the league on schedule. If a player misses their game, decide how to handle it (e.g., simulating the game, extending the deadline).
- Keeping the League Engaged: Organize events like highlight reels, awards (MVP, Rookie of the Year), and power rankings to keep the league competitive and fun.

### 4. Encouraging Fair Play and Competition
- Balance Competition: If certain teams are consistently dominating, consider ways to balance the league, such as XP slider adjustments or introducing a draft lottery.
- Reward Participation: Recognize active and committed players. Consider rewards like end-of-season awards or special mentions in league updates.
- New Player Integration: When new players join, help them integrate by explaining league rules, introducing them to other members, and ensuring they understand the league’s culture.

### 5. Handling Inactive Players
- Inactive Policy: Set a clear policy for inactivity. For example, if a player misses a certain number of games without notice, their team could be given to another player.
- Replacing Players: Have a plan in place for replacing inactive or problematic players. Maintain a waiting list or recruit actively to keep the league full.

### 6. Customizing the Experience
- Sliders and XP Tweaks: Adjust gameplay and XP sliders as needed to maintain competitiveness and realism. Gather feedback from the league to make informed decisions.
- Content Creation: Encourage content creation like game streams, weekly recaps, or highlight videos. This adds another layer of engagement and excitement.

### 7. Long-Term Planning
- League Longevity: Think about the future of the league. Plan for multiple seasons and discuss long-term goals with your members.
- Seasonal Events: Organize special events like a Pro Bowl, rookie showcases, or draft day events to keep the league fresh and exciting.

### 8. Listening to Feedback
- Surveys and Polls: Regularly survey the league members for feedback on rules, settings, and overall satisfaction. Adjust based on majority opinions.
- Open Communication: Maintain an open-door policy where members can voice concerns or suggestions. This helps build a sense of community and ownership among the players.

As commissioner, your goal is to create a competitive, fair, and fun environment where players enjoy coming back season after season. Good luck with your franchise!

I would expect nothing less.

On a more serious note, did you run the comps before? There must be a bit of planning the goes into these I assume (I've never been part of one) Ol mate chatgtp reckons -
Thanks for posting that. Will lean on that.

I was commish for a couple seasons and i think aussiedide was commish after.

Some things i will probably enforce are....no trades with cpu teams (or, if trading allowed setting the trade logic to "very hard"....less rules around gameplay, dont believe in restricting how people want to play, calling the same plays etc. i know there are settings now for that, but i believe its up to people to learn how to stop all the different ways people want to play tactically.

We poll certain issues maybe? Like adjusted sliders for example & some of the issues raised above.
Well what i will do is first create a franchise with all the rules and guidelines and sliders etc set....and THEN people can provide adjustments. Easier that way. Too hard to list everything and poll people.

But for now rumply please test that guys sliders. Im relying on you to keep on top if that, to make adjustments to it if you think so, and then post the full sliders prior to me starting franchise.

What i want is a bit of realism, statistical averages running the ball, sacks/pressure.

Usually i like to focus on making OL blocking a bit better than the released game version that madden often has. QBs should have like 3 secs imo able to stand in the pocket.

But for now rumply please test that guys sliders. Im relying on you to keep on top if that, to make adjustments to it if you think so, and then post the full sliders prior to me starting franchise.

What i want is a bit of realism, statistical averages running the ball, sacks/pressure.

Usually i like to focus on making OL blocking a bit better than the released game version that madden often has. QBs should have like 3 secs imo able to stand in the pocket.

Cool.

Thanks for posting that. Will lean on that.

I was commish for a couple seasons and i think aussiedide was commish after.

Some things i will probably enforce are....no trades with cpu teams (or, if trading allowed setting the trade logic to "very hard"....less rules around gameplay, dont believe in restricting how people want to play, calling the same plays etc. i know there are settings now for that, but i believe its up to people to learn how to stop all the different ways people want to play tactically.
Don't ban CPU trades

But it can't be too easy for human players

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont suppose there is a veto option for the commish?
I don't mind CPU trades, especially if it's set to strict and the CPU offers them... but when taken the piss it can ruin things
I personally dont like cpu trades at all. Especially if we try to recruit more people to join who are gonna take an available cpu team. But if theres a "very hard" trade logic then maybe thats ok. Anyone got any youtube examples showing that?

Problem with custom playbook creator.

a) they currently arent allowed for anything but offline play.....lame

b) everytime you do try to save one, the whole game has a fit and closes down, losing all your progress.

WIll wait to see what patches occur...

Problem with custom playbook creator.

a) they currently arent allowed for anything but offline play.....lame

b) everytime you do try to save one, the whole game has a fit and closes down, losing all your progress.

WIll wait to see what patches occur...

Same old madden then. I have it just haven't played it yet.

Quoting EA release note....

With this tech update and new design to Online Head-to-Head, Custom Playbooks will NOT be available in Online Head-to-Head (Regs) or Play-a-Friend (PAF) at launch this year. The future release of ‘Saving Custom Audibles’ will be coming to Madden NFL 25 post-launch, allowing players similar capability that is more authentic to NFL Team Playbooks

I was using LB and giving up a TD every time. DT much easier
DT or DE

I love sacking the qb

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaming Madden NFL 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back