Magpie Board Football Side

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn it! I have searched for this thread numorous times with no luck!

Give it another crack Lebs
Come nab cup next ear im going to sit down and do it and try to do it as a weekly thing through out the season.

Unless Pielebo wants to continue with it

I'll have a go when I have a bit more time, but I'd love to see who can come up with the best side.

This isn't just starting 18 with bench. Each position and poster needs a bio for why they're there!

Maybe we should have our own game at Vic Park then but invite EBW and LSD to tag along as well.

Um - if we're going to do that, I fear I'd have to cede my place in the team to DTM. PieLebo seems to have cast me in a Chris Juddish role, plop in the middle, and I'm not entirely convinced that I've done the requisite training this season. Or maybe I've done a groin....

If, on the other hand, we're talking fanstasy footy, then I'm your woman. Witness my gun performances as a midfielder on the West Coast Wonders threads.:thumbsu::)

Um - if we're going to do that, I fear I'd have to cede my place in the team to DTM. PieLebo seems to have cast me in a Chris Juddish role, plop in the middle, and I'm not entirely convinced that I've done the requisite training this season. Or maybe I've done a groin....

If, on the other hand, we're talking fanstasy footy, then I'm your woman. Witness my gun performances as a midfielder on the West Coast Wonders threads.:thumbsu::)
What? You've done a groin!!!

Can we ask how?

R;)

There were a couple of interesting omissions. :p

Hoggy and yourself have made me look like Judkins, instead of Hine, but even Hine has let a few decent class-acts pass! I'm sure you two would slot straight into this side!

As for DTM, he is similar to Rhyce Shaw, can be one hell of a player, always there and abouts, plenty of courage, lightening quick, but sadly, very inaccurate with his disposal lol where do you play DTM? It'll be interesting to see where people place him, because he definitely deserves a spot in the 18.

Just a reminder to those that are giving it a go...

Defenders = Those that are always defending the club against opponents, never really post out-landish crap, and are constantly logical and thorough with their arguments. Also, very qualified, grammar-wise.

Midfielders = Consistent performers, always there abouts. Defend the club, attack for the club, post and start threads, you'll always see them around on here and have plenty to say.

Forwards = Outlandish, make massive predicts/arguments consistently instead of defending, are always on and pretty accurate with their posts ect.

Eg. of defenders VS forwards is;

Zeke, thatday are forwards and Vinnie and Sampler are defenders.

The forwards will always do their research and make bold predictions which promote the CFC and prove that we are better than the rest.

The defenders are the types you do NOT want to argue with on anything because they will always find a way to prove you wrong. Their defence of subjects are in-penetrable and people like Sampler and Vinnie, I would feel safe with being on the Main Board in a Pies thread, defending the club.

That made sense? Now give it your best shot, and don't forget to validate your positioning and choices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldnt even sneak in to the forward pocket!!!

Hasn't anybody read the papers?
I've been training the house down and I've had the best pre-season so far

my attempt: BIG BIG apologies for everyone I have missed, sorry...

Backline:
Whacker, Spartan Magpie, PieLebo87

Pretty risky backline we have here, full of loose cannons who give away alot of cheap free kicks and are undisciplined, however they really love the contest and at the end of the day rarely lose against their opposition.

Half Backline:
Thatday, FIGJAM, Sirlothie

Led by the old wise head Figjam, who acts as the general of the backline, with his trusty companion Sirlothie and the young exciting half back flanker thatday who is full of excitement and provides plenty of rebound. Despite FIGJAM's age he is as quick as they come and rarely misses a beat

Centre: Dave The Man, Jabso(c), Beez

Led by the disciplined and strict Jabso, whose presence on the field is always felt. Dave The Man, you either love him or hate him. usually racks up about 60 possessions a game but around 2 are effective. However when it comes crunch time you can always rely on him to be there. Beez usually plays the tagging role and is known for his dirty grappling and groping tactics.

Half Forward:
Travcloke#32, Rrrooocccaaa, Optimax

One of the best half forward lines going around, not the prettiest but they are the strongest blokes on the field, rarely outmuscled and can kick a long way

Full Forward:
Dwil6, Pie eyed, Daicscousin

While Dwil6 and Pieyed are one the best set shots in the league, rarely miss a goal when they are lining them up, daicscousin often finds himself trying to do too much and in his excitement sprays about half of his snap shots

Ruck/Rovers: Didaka, Scruffydog, Swanny36
The heart and soul of the team right here. When things are getting tough, these are the blokes that will lift the whole team, and the whole crowd as well. Champions who will fight tooth and nail for the ball, never give an inch, and are never down for too long.

Interchange:
Magpiegirl_13, Ryantheman, Snag Breac, Swiftdog

Pretty versatile bench here with a mixture of youth and experience.

Emergency: Lennie&Carl, Mars, Double07, Skeetz
These promising players have what it takes to break into the side, just need to apply themselves a little more, keep working hard, and stay patient

Coach: VinnieVegas - A quiet coach who isnt one for getting his head in the paper and is not a fan of the media, but gets the job done behind the scenes.
Assistant Coach/ Tactician: Dave86 - the best analysis man in the league, knows the oppositions inside out and always devises the best counter strategies. we would be lost without him
Recruiting & Player Development: Snoop Dog + Royal Sampler - these two simply have a thing for young boys... er, footy wise.
Mascot: 1970 - closest position to a comedian, lol
Cheerleader: KissStephanie - She has a good body. .. or so I have heard :eek:

Half Forward:
Travcloke#32, Rrrooocccaaa, Optimax

One of the best half forward lines going around, not the prettiest but they are the strongest blokes on the field, rarely outmuscled and can kick a long way
Hang on a second i am more then a little pretty,

oh wait you mean my game style.

Oh right it doesnt look great does it

carry on then

Hang on a second i am more then a little pretty,

oh wait you mean my game style.

Oh right it doesnt look great does it

carry on then

Indeed! Just after my full body wax and baby-oil bath, manicure, pedicure, blond tips and 2009 Premiers tattoo I reckon we deserve a little more credit for our on-field presence :mad:

Watch out Carlscum, I feel like climbing the stair-ladder to heaven and kicking a bag of 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Magpie Board Football Side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back