Scandal Majak Daw arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not about being a security risk. That's a different discussion. I know people who've worked on Christmas Island processing these boat people (defence force personnel too) and they tell me that most of them are loaded. That they've only come here on the boat to get around immigration laws, not because they're genuine refugees.

Ah yes the old unverified personal anecdote, truly the most convincing of all arguments...

I think you'll find that for the "loaded" there are many easier ways of gaining access to Australia.

Ah yes the old unverified personal anecdote, truly the most convincing of all arguments...

I think you'll find that for the "loaded" there are many easier ways of gaining access to Australia.
what has this to with Majak Daw? Keep it on topic thanks.

NMFC didn't recruit him after he was charged, this relates to an accusation from when he was 16 years old.

He's an employee of the club, and is maintaining his innocence. To just suspend him/cut him for no reason now is not only silly, but also opens up to legal action.

sack him is stupid, but stand him down is reasonable. Look at tiprat and the saints, there will always be the air that is career is what side tracked a proper police investigation if Milne is found guilty (when does that go to court btw?) the stink of the cover up and having a convicted rapist playing for them will linger for a long long time.

we still cop it about Mick'o from time to time and he was never even interviewed. it's all about PR, north are lucky it's not THAT high a profile case. but the argument can still be made that given supposed "preferential" treatment of AFL players, the roo's suspending Daw is highlight that the club is not interfering in the case.

it's all about bullshitting and appearances.

sack him is stupid, but stand him down is reasonable. Look at tiprat and the saints, there will always be the air that is career is what side tracked a proper police investigation if Milne is found guilty (when does that go to court btw?) the stink of the cover up and having a convicted rapist playing for them will linger for a long long time.

we still cop it about Mick'o from time to time and he was never even interviewed. it's all about PR, north are lucky it's not THAT high a profile case. but the argument can still be made that given supposed "preferential" treatment of AFL players, the roo's suspending Daw is highlight that the club is not interfering in the case.

The club cannot sack players when there are allegations involved. Unless you want north to be sued for unfair dismissal.

The trial is 24 November.

It's going to hang over Daw for quite a while, too. Fairly short sex trials are already being listed in mid-to-late 2015, and he won't even have a committal for several months.

Last edited:
The club cannot sack players when there are allegations involved. Unless you want north to be sued for unfair dismissal.

where did i advocate sacking him? i specifically said "sacking him is stupid" i made a case only for him to be stood down (this means he get's a nice paid vacation until the shit is sorted out) It's quite common and legal to stand staff down pending the outcome of a criminal investigation. Particularly if their role is one that has a public profile attached.

and a club can very much sack a player off the back of being charged with a crime as can any other business all they have to is show that having employee's with a public profile associated with the club Damages the club's image. Daw is on a contract it can be terminated at anytime so long as north pay the rest of his contract. Now if they sack him but don't pay out his contract, THEN ITS UNFAIR DISMISSAL.

As it stand's i still claim sacking him (at this stage) is stupid, But the case for standing him down (with pay) Stands as better for the club's image. It would go against the grain of what most club's have done in the past but times are changing "backing" the player in this case may bite north in the arse very hard if he's convicted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One big question about this
It happened when he was under the age of 18, why has his name been released?
Surely that is a breach of sex offense laws?

No, that is based on when the person was charged. He was charged when he was an adult, so that doesn't apply.

where did i advocate sacking him? i specifically said "sacking him is stupid" i made a case only for him to be stood down (this means he get's a nice paid vacation until the shit is sorted out) It's quite common and legal to stand staff down pending the outcome of a criminal investigation. Particularly if their role is one that has a public profile attached.

and a club can very much sack a player off the back of being charged with a crime as can any other business all they have to is show that having employee's with a public profile associated with the club Damages the club's image. Daw is on a contract it can be terminated at anytime so long as north pay the rest of his contract. Now if they sack him but don't pay out his contract, THEN ITS UNFAIR DISMISSAL.

As it stand's i still claim sacking him (at this stage) is stupid, But the case for standing him down (with pay) Stands as better for the club's image. It would go against the grain of what most club's have done in the past but times are changing "backing" the player in this case may bite north in the arse very hard if he's convicted.
In your post.

You cannot stand down somebody when there are allegations around unless the club is 100% that it happened.
Also i'm 100% certain that nobody likes to be accused of doing things they didn't do.

An example for you. You notice that somebody has thrown eggs at your house. You think that you know who did it and go and accuse them of it. Only to find out it was some random person who actually did it.

Last edited:
An example for you. You notice that somebody has thrown eggs at your house. You think that you know who did it and go and accuse them of it. Only to find out it was some random person who actually did it.

So do you think the girl had a case of mistaken identity and the tall african man who she thought r*ped here wasn't majak daw but some other guy?

Bit racist to assume they all look the same.

In your post.

You cannot stand down somebody when there are allegations around unless the club is 100% that it happened.
Also i'm 100% certain that nobody likes to be accused of doing things they didn't do.

Of course you can stand someone down while awaiting trial, it's done all the time.

Of course you can stand someone down while awaiting trial, it's done all the time.
Yeah you can but north melbourne aren't going to do that.
What surprises me at the moment are the comments of people who claim they know everything about the case but when questioned they are found to know bugger all about what went on. Also the same people are asking for majak to be either sacked or suspended. How about you lot accepting north melbourne's decision of backing their players in instead of being immature and trolling over matters you have no idea about.

Yeah you can but north melbourne aren't going to do that.
What surprises me at the moment are the comments of people who claim they know everything about the case but when questioned they are found to know bugger all about what went on. Also the same people are asking for majak to be either sacked or suspended. How about you lot accepting north melbourne's decision of backing their players in instead of being immature and trolling over matters you have no idea about.

How about you accept it is Majak who has been charged instead of:

In your post.

standing someone down is not sacking them and no you don't need to 100% it's the reason you stand them down instead of sacking them.

and it's nothing like me thinking someone did something when they didn't. Majak has been arrested. that would be the reason to stand him, you stand him down until the incident is cleared up.

i don't know why you are arguing, i never said the club had to stand him i made it clear that the club had to weigh up it's options then made the case for a reason why.

If the club wants to back him and let him play there more then entitled to, but don't make out like they don't have a choice. If the club wants to let an alleged rapist play it's up to them.

Hell how many years did the saint's have a therapist in there best 22?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Majak Daw arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back