Play Nice Majak Daw in hospital after jumping from the Bolte bridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Just hope Majak sees some sort of positive horizon and gets some real help. It goes deep with us who don't often see positives. A bright sunny day for most can be a dark negative dark place for some. A perfect day to say goodbye. This shit doesn't discriminate.

It was in reply to a post about the media go after players without ever considering how it might impact them.

And here we go, Caro using the 20 year old Majak's issues as part of her long running campaign to bag the club.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/young-roo-paying-the-price-for-dishonesty-20120208-1rez6.html

Yes the media play a part but if we kept reading their stuff and watching their shows then who can blame them for seeking out stories?

I personally haven't read a single article by Caro or watched more than two minutes of her on TV, total. You need to start understanding that these are real human beings - Majak Daw needs help as obviously getting paid to play the game he loves isn't the most important thing, and the people in the media are looking to put food on their tables. If we stopped being so thirsty for the latest incident with Ben Cousins or who was or wasn't part of the Essendon drug taking regime maybe the muckrakers would have to do something else.

I haven't seen anything from Caroline Wilson or any other media commentator seeking to demonise Daw or people with suicidal thoughts so perhaps you should cut the media a bit of slack instead of turning this into a 'let's hang shit on a particular person I don't like'. I thought given the events of yesterday we'd be very mindful of this.

Yes the media play a part but if we kept reading their stuff and watching their shows then who can blame them for seeking out stories?

I personally haven't read a single article by Caro or watched more than two minutes of her on TV, total. You need to start understanding that these are real human beings - Majak Daw needs help as obviously getting paid to play the game he loves isn't the most important thing, and the people in the media are looking to put food on their tables.

I haven't seen anything from Caroline Wilson or any other media commentator seeking to demonise Daw or people with suicidal thoughts so perhaps you should cut the media a bit of slack instead of turning this into a 'let's hang shit on a particular person I don't like'. I thought given the events of yesterday we'd be very mindful of this.

I need to realise Majak is a real human being or Caro is?

Poor Maj, had his best year this year and finally found a position down back and thrived.
Let’s hope he can return to the game and be an ambassador of sorts, for more than just his Sudanese and African roots.
Get well mate!

Agreed. Its why rumours should be vetted. But certainly asking questions is fine.

Healthy people dont do this. Wondering what caused it is natural.

True. I’m sure the facts will come out. It is probably normal for people to make automatic assumptions in cases like this but we really shouldn’t. It could be a number of things, most important thing is he is alive, the rest will be told in time.

Poor Maj, had his best year this year and finally found a position down back and thrived.
Let’s hope he can return to the game and be an ambassador of sorts, for more than just his Sudanese and African roots.
Get well mate!

I suspect "being ambassador" is part of what brought the poor bugger to this place.

How the **** is Dane Swan not in jail?
From memory I think Careys nephew got a suspended sentence from the incident.

But this is Victoria, you go to jail for accidents but walk free for deliberate acts of violence!

Probably a **** load more than the cleaner who Swan and two others bashed. Who they left with a permanent brain injury and borderline intellectually disabled. The same guy who couldnt work for months because of the beating from Swan and co and wasnt covered by workcover as he was on a meal break. Then Swan and his mates finally settled on a pay out and then conveniently kept on delaying payment well after the due date ******* the poor bloke financially again.

But your right, Swanny is a top bloke because he acts like a goose for every idiots amusement in the media and was good at footy. The cleaner on the other hand, he had it comin'

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Quit being so naive. You think swan just beat up some poor random innocent guy for fun? Get a clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect "being ambassador" is part of what brought the poor bugger to this place.

Baseless speculation

It was in reply to a post about the media go after players without ever considering how it might impact them.

And here we go, Caro using the 20 year old Majak's issues as part of her long running campaign to bag the club.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/young-roo-paying-the-price-for-dishonesty-20120208-1rez6.html

You’re literally the last person on earth who should be talking about having a long running campaign to bag a club, now we have a situation where pressure may have got the better of somebody.

The fact she’s a high profile media personality doesn’t make your intentions any different.

Horrible.

Reach out.

The beyondblue Support Service provides advice and support via telephone 24/7 (just call 1300 22 4636), daily web chat (between 3pm–12am) and email (with a response provided within 24 hours).

Lifeline
CALL US 13 11 14 (24HRS A DAY) CHAT TO US ONLINE NIGHTLY, 7 DAYS ACCESS HELP RESOURCES ONLINE
Call 000 (Emergency Services) if life is in danger.

If you are thinking about suicide or experiencing a personal crisis help is available.
No one needs to face their problems alone

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Majak Daw in hospital after jumping from the Bolte bridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back