Majak Daw

Remove this Banner Ad

When is he expected to go?

Maybe as a speculative late pick, certainly not 18 though.
Late pick? He looks very capable to me. The talk is Essendon will take him at #26, so we would miss out with our 3rd rounder.
Any1 actually seen him play? Because that highlights package is pretty damn good.

The slip at about 1.04 is pretty funny. The mark at about 4 minutes is really good!

He has great physical attributes with his strength, leap and speed. His marking is very good and his set shot routine isn't bad. His field kicking looks awkward though but we've recruited worse (Spencer).

I'd definitely rookie him and maybe think about him as a late ND pick or PSD pick. Have many other recruiters been looking at him heavily? He's had a bit of media attention because he'd be the first Sudanese player in the AFL.

Was he the guy on last week's footy show...is so, Huthy said he'd be rookie pick.

From that video I can't pick much difference between him and Natanui.

Not trolling, but Naita has better speed, better skills (handballs shown in AFL, hasn't had confidence to kick yet, but if you've seen him play at WAFL you'll see why), better vision, better poise, and he is taller.

He looks good because he's taller than everyone else.

He's only 195cm. That's shorter than Watts IIRC.

At that height he can only play as a forward.

Why do you want him?

...Imagine Jurrah and Daw in the same team... Our Team :eek:
Draft the boy! :D

look's awesome IMO, and WAY better then Naitanui.
Is he available in the normal draft or the PSD?

We should draft him, seriously.

Looks like he is playing genuine ruck for his local side but I beleive he plays mostly at full forward for the Jets (with forward line tap work).

He's exciting. He's big and he's athletic and can take a contested mark. Looks/sounds like prime rookie fodder to me. Youde want to get a good look at him before you drafted him imo.

Pick 18? Lunacy.

It seems as if his stocks are rising quite a bit though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the fourth round.

Given the reletively poor depth associated with this draft, a speculative late round draft pick on a guy who has plenty of natural ability wouldn't be the worst idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late pick? He looks very capable to me. The talk is Essendon will take him at #26, so we would miss out with our 3rd rounder.
Any1 actually seen him play? Because that highlights package is pretty damn good.

The Bumbres can have him at 26.

Wouldn't even use 34. Maybe 50. Maybe PSD. Definite think about rookie.

Someone's a great video editor, and it sure doesn't take much media coverage to overrate a kid. ;)

193cm, 84kg.

So not a ruckman past U/18s, could only become a forward.

He averages (at TAC level) about 4 kicks at ~30% efficiency, 4 handballs at ~80% efficiency and despite the impressive marking in the highlight reel, averages about 2 marks a game of which less than 1 are contested. Kicked one goal in his first ten games this year and then kicked 5 in a match a couple of weeks ago, and then kicked 1 and 2 respectively since.

Rookie pick you would have to think.

Wouldn't want to take him with pick 18. That said, a forward line with watts, jurrah and majak would pose serious matchup problems for a defence... all tall players and lightning quick.

Bombers have told him if he is still there when there 3rd round pick comes around they will use it on him.
Thats coming from the coach of his local league.

Bombers have told him if he is still there when there 3rd round pick comes around they will use it on him.
Thats coming from the coach of his local league.

Seriously doubt any club would commit to their 3rd rounder - and before the draft camp and TAC cup finals??

Someone's a great video editor, and it sure doesn't take much media coverage to overrate a kid. ;)

193cm, 84kg.

So not a ruckman past U/18s, could only become a forward.

He averages (at TAC level) about 4 kicks at ~30% efficiency, 4 handballs at ~80% efficiency and despite the impressive marking in the highlight reel, averages about 2 marks a game of which less than 1 are contested. Kicked one goal in his first ten games this year and then kicked 5 in a match a couple of weeks ago, and then kicked 1 and 2 respectively since.

Rookie pick you would have to think.

Good post if your stats are correct. I thought it looked like quite a few different games and the gangster music just made me think someone is marketing this guy.

Anyway if he tests and interviews well at draft camp he might be worth a rookie spot if youre lacking key forwards.

i have played against him twice this year in the wrfl first time he was the difference maker the next time he didnt really do much he plays for the wydmvale falcons. a very capable kid he killed our ruckman at clearances etc and around the ground, he has only been playing since he was 14 or something so he is very good he just needs to learn a few more things but i believe he could get drafted but surely not that high

Have also seen the kid play. The downsides are that he can get very frustrated, has been inconsistent and is found missing at various stages in various games. The Ups are this kid can change a game in a moment, Has only played for about four years and is super quick. Would only conider picking him with our last pick in the draft other then that you would look at him as number one in rookie draft. He would be more value then Jake Spencer but this kid has alot of work to do to make it as an AFL Player. Essendon and Bulldogs are also showing interest in him.

Seeing a bunch of great posts from other club's fans around here lately :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Majak Daw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back