Majak suspended indefinitely for breaking team rehab protcols

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For better or worse DP, this is a fundamental part of who we are.

We are the little guy that is backed in to the corner, we always have been. The only thing that has kept the NMFC alive for 142 years is the cohesion of it's own people.

I'm not claiming your point has no merit, and I have certainly received my share of such P.M.'s over the years that made me review a scenario, but we keep it amongst ourselves.

I don't see us as the little guy. I see as Rocky Balboa who is repeatedly punched in the head by the bad guys (AFL and everyone else) and who occasionally shakes that yoke off and beats the living **** out of whoever is in our way.

We were the glamour side in the 70s and 90s, we either had no money to make the most of it or had incompetent administration who urinated our time in the sun away and tried to move us intestate when we were a premiership team rather than use the success to aggressively expand here.

Now that we have a trainer (administration) that wont throw the towel in at the first sign of trouble I think we will become something bigger and better than what we have been in the past.

Small guys don't win, we have the winning culture. Once we put a good enough group together, we push ourselves to win and we can use that to change our lot.

Listening to the presser it sounds like its simply an application problem, skipping rehab etc.

Anyone else feel a better punishment would of been forced extra training sessions with the likes of JZ, Cunners and Petrie in regard to leg rehab? Rather than just banishing him to Werribee so to speak. Fair enough to keep him away from the main list but keeping him completely outside the club where its harder to keep an eye on him seems a bit weird.

Edit: They confirmed 100% of his rehab work will be done at the club. Still strikes me as a bit weird.

and the "is this out of character" for majak question was sidestepped nicely.

You have completely and utterly missed my point.

We may disagree amongst ourselves, but we band together for the bigger picture.

I'm pretty sure I must have have had online differences with at least one out of the thousands of supporters that I stood with on the steps Dallas Brooks Hall in 2007.

nah, didn't miss your point, and completely agree with it. Plus I never said you sided with the darkside over our own forces of righteousness.

I just bolded something you might like to consider next time you come across that 1 in 1000. No point alienating people because they disagree, cohesion is our strength yada yada yada

I was referring to something a little more poignant than our differences about Lindsay Thomas.

Some quotes, courtesy of the updated article on our website:

"He's breached rehabilitation protocols and internal codes and as a result of those breaches - which we're not going to go into for a very good reason, I would have thought - he's accepted the penalty and as a result of that he has to work his way back in (to the club)," Arocca said.

"We've got to respect Majak. He's a young man under a lot of pressure. Therefore, from that point of view to go into the specific reasons behind this would be unfair to him."

"He just has to satisfy the leadership group that he's on the right track and he understands where they're coming from," McDonald said.

"He's a North Melbourne boy and we'll support him 100 per cent", McDonald said.

Listening to the presser it sounds like its simply an application problem, skipping rehab etc.

Anyone else feel a better punishment would of been forced extra training sessions with the likes of JZ, Cunners and Petrie in regard to leg rehab? Rather than just banishing him to Werribee so to speak. Fair enough to keep him away from the main list but keeping him completely outside the club where its harder to keep an eye on him seems a bit weird.

Edit: They confirmed 100% of his rehab work will be done at the club. Still strikes me as a bit weird.

and the "is this out of character" for majak question was sidestepped nicely.

He is recovering from injury, you can't flog a guy with a bum knee.

His rehab work will be overseen by Steve, didn't specifically say if it was to be done here or not.

He is recovering from injury, you can't flog a guy with a bum knee.

His rehab work will be overseen by Steve, didn't specifically say if it was to be done here or not.

No expectation that he would be 'flogged' I just think the influence of a set of guys that have been through all that recently could really help.

It's being done at this joint. The guy's keen to see his company's greatest asset return to playing fitness asap.

mark-zuckerberg-palo-alto-rental-home-exterior-590jn011411.jpg

"He's a North Melbourne boy and we'll support him 100 per cent"

...and that's that.

The ball is in Maj's court now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's skipped sessions and then been busted getting out on the piss.

If we say he's been out on the piss there's probably some bullshit AFL "drug and alcohol" code that kicks in whereby he has to do AA and all this shit when in reality it isn't him having a few beers that is the problem, it is him doing it at the wrong time.

Good call by this bloke.

I reckon he's skipped sessions and then been busted getting out on the piss.

If we say he's been out on the piss there's probably some bullshit AFL "drug and alcohol" code that kicks in whereby he has to do AA and all this shit when in reality it isn't him having a few beers that is the problem, it is him doing it at the wrong time.
Seems to be the case.

Why else would the club indicate that he will still be doing community work etc.?

Would they allow Maj to represent the club in any capacity if he was accused of shagging a team mates missus/got busted snorting coke/sexually assaulted or physically assaulted someone? Not a chance.

Deep breaths folks. Just a young fella out enjoying himself a little too much when he should have been focusing on recovery.

Deep breaths folks. Just a young fella out enjoying himself a little too much when he should have been focusing on recovery.

Added to a new leadership group made up of blokes who are red hot on their committment.

I reckon if they knew that suspending him "indefinitely" would cause al this they might have made it 6 weeks instead.

Hard to know what it is for sure, but what about a possibility of him using some performance enhancing drug to fast track the knee healing, contrary to the club's advise?

Poorly handled IMO. Not only for the fact that today was suppose to be about positives regarding the box on campaign. But the rumours that will fly around may do more damage then they might think. In a way yes it is none of our business nor that of the media, but to leave it open to speculation was kind of strange.

I like Maj, the couple of times I have met him he has been really nice and down to earth, doesn't seem to be a guy to get a big head. But that's my opinion anyway.

Hopefully it's nothing and will fade into the back ground but what will people remember more about today Majal Daw's suspension or the announcement of the box on success so far. Going by what I'm reading everywhere seems the Box On announcement has been completely over looked. Don't say this often but so far it has been poorly handled by the club.

Added to a new leadership group made up of blokes who are red hot on their committment.

I reckon if they knew that suspending him "indefinitely" would cause al this they might have made it 6 weeks instead.
Something tells me that this would have made front page news regardless. Nothing sends the Melbourne media into a frenzy like a footy scandal, no matter how meek.

The club protecting Maj by refusing to reveal details of his indiscretions speaks volumes too. They know that this will blow over in a week or at the latest until round one of the NAB cup. No point in having the kid labeled as a '????' or whatever it is he has done.

Poorly handled IMO. Not only for the fact that today was suppose to be about positives regarding the box on campaign. But the rumours that will fly around may do more damage then they might think. In a way yes it is none of our business nor that of the media, but to leave it open to speculation was kind of strange.

I like Maj, the couple of times I have met him he has been really nice and down to earth, doesn't seem to be a guy to get a big head. But that's my opinion anyway.

Hopefully it's nothing and will fade into the back ground but what will people remember more about today Majal Daw's suspension or the announcement of the box on success so far. Going by what I'm reading everywhere seems the Box On announcement has been completely over looked. Don't say this often but so far it has been poorly handled by the club.
We don't know if word had got out but I suspect that there were rumblings in the meedja that Daw had been disciplined for something. Instead of having the presser hijacked and having us look like we were avoiding the issue but saying, "Now look, we just want to focus on the Box On initiative today. We'll discuss Maj later", we got on the front foot. It's just shit timing.

If anything sweeping it under the rug in any way shape of form would have been poor form and a crap start for this leadership group. If he was disciplined today I reckon the leadership group thought that they needed to make a swift decision. And fair enough. Club culture is more important than a press conference IMO. The club seems to have played this as straight as possible, taking the medicine now, knowing the ramifications of not doing so could have a greater impact.

We don't know if word had got out but I suspect that there were rumblings in the meedja that Daw had been disciplined for something. Instead of having the presser hijacked and having us look like we were avoiding the issue but saying, "Now look, we just want to focus on the Box On initiative today. We'll discuss Maj later", we got on the front foot. It's just shit timing.

If anything sweeping it under the rug in any way shape of form would have been poor form and a crap start for this leadership group. If he was disciplined today I reckon the leadership group thought that they needed to make a swift decision. And fair enough. Club culture is more important than a press conference IMO. The club seems to have played this as straight as possible, taking the medicine now, knowing the ramifications of not doing so could have a greater impact.

Good post.

Long term thinking from the club is fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back