Majestic Update

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day all,

Hope everyone is well, just been away for a few weeks I had back surgery on May 13th, which went well it was a major surgery I was in hositl a few days came home and was on the mend until the Saturday when my back was hurting so much that I couldn't move. Sunday my ex called an ambulance and they said go to my GP, went to my GP day one they said to come back the next day came back and they found an infection so it was going to be a day by day thing, next day I was told to go to hospital.

After a few hours in emergency I was admitted, next day I was rushed into surgery I was told I was lucky that I didn't die as it was a very serious infection 1 in 3 people survive it. So I have been told I had to do antibiotics for 6 weeks, did 8 days in hospital came home and have been getting a new bottle of antibiotics every day it's been five weeks now Wednesday I go back to Infectious Diseases to find out if I can stop the antibiotic and be cured.

Sorry for the post, just wanted to let everyone know I hadn't vanished and hadn't left the SFA, just had a very rough two months here. I am hoping to restart my podcast, and my photography. :) At the moment the antibiotic has made it hard to do a lot of these as I've been feeling so rundown and so tired later but I am a survivor. :)

G'day all,

Hope everyone is well, just been away for a few weeks I had back surgery on May 13th, which went well it was a major surgery I was in hositl a few days came home and was on the mend until the Saturday when my back was hurting so much that I couldn't move. Sunday my ex called an ambulance and they said go to my GP, went to my GP day one they said to come back the next day came back and they found an infection so it was going to be a day by day thing, next day I was told to go to hospital.

After a few hours in emergency I was admitted, next day I was rushed into surgery I was told I was lucky that I didn't die as it was a very serious infection 1 in 3 people survive it. So I have been told I had to do antibiotics for 6 weeks, did 8 days in hospital came home and have been getting a new bottle of antibiotics every day it's been five weeks now Wednesday I go back to Infectious Diseases to find out if I can stop the antibiotic and be cured.

Sorry for the post, just wanted to let everyone know I hadn't vanished and hadn't left the SFA, just had a very rough two months here. I am hoping to restart my podcast, and my photography. :) At the moment the antibiotic has made it hard to do a lot of these as I've been feeling so rundown and so tired later but I am a survivor. :)
We are happy that you are still with us 😊

Far out mate, so glad to hear that things have worked out and what an awful ordeal to have had to endure for you and your family.
It has been quite a stressful time, I hated that I had a drain in my back as well, it was leaking a bit of spinal fluid, then had 21 staples removed just the other week, hurt like hell.

But slowly getting there, I managed to go check out a footy game on the weekend was weird not taking photos.
Hope things improve for you quickly it can be rough being majestic. We, at the Royals know how difficult it can be.
Thanks a lot. Been a fun old time. :)

Hey mate. Hope you're doing okay - will be thinking of you. Sounds like quite an ordeal, but fingers crossed for an easier run from here.

And echo Pugsley's sentiments, of course!
Thanks a lot, it has been. I had a person claim I had faked it all, and was faking almost dying even though I had shared all the photos of the picc line going in, and the bottles as well. Also the photo of my back, where they cut into me but still got called a faker by them. Weird people. lol.

But resting and recovering. :)

G'day all,

Good to see you back. I wish you well in your recovery.

G'day all,

The SFA is better with you in it, mostly ;)

Glad you’re sticking around Maj

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oof!! Glad to hear you're through to the other side of what sounds like a pretty grim situation. Here's to seeing you back up and about in the not too distant future.

Sorry for the post, just wanted to let everyone know I hadn't vanished and hadn't left the SFA, just had a very rough two months here.:)

We love you, Godzilla!

Thanks a lot, it has been. I had a person claim I had faked it all, and was faking almost dying even though I had shared all the photos of the picc line going in, and the bottles as well. Also the photo of my back, where they cut into me but still got called a faker by them. Weird people. lol.

But resting and recovering. :)
Picc line is serious business and hard for the body to take. Irs ultimately what was the last straw for my missus, they put one in early arvo and she died late arvo. Did they go on through the arm? Where was the infection? Hope they are checking your progress regularly. Any bad signs = call them or ho back in.

All the best mate. Take care of yourself.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Picc line is serious business and hard for the body to take. Irs ultimately what was the last straw for my missus, they put one in early arvo and she died late arvo. Did they go on through the arm? Where was the infection? Hope they are checking your progress regularly. Any bad signs = call them or ho back in.

All the best mate. Take care of yourself.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am so sorry to hear this it must have been so hard to go through.

Yeah it's in my arm right now, the infection was in my lower back where my surgery was. I am getting a blood test every Wednesday and they've been saying it's been very good. I've been keeping an eye on the back as well. Thanks a lot. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back