Major Milestone Crowds. Wassup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Milestone game 1: 17th v 14th 300 game milestone for a guy who the main board has led me to believe only had a few good seasons. Also was led to believe he plays for a club with the biggest bandwagon supporters. Playing against a club who are medium sized at best. Freeze the balls off a brass monkey mid winter game. One team season dead, the other team season on life support. Neither team featured in finals last year. Low demand twighlight fixture. Dusty is cooked says main board. And no leadership. And viciously attacked a female with chopsticks. Thank god she had the protection of a lawyer. And fondled a lady's breast in public. And is going to retire/go to Gold Coast next year. And is checked out. And has neck tattoos. And refuses to speak to media. Let's just get this minor distraction out of the way.

Result: 92,311 in the house. :eek:

Milestone game 2: 12th v 4th rare as Collingwood supporter teeth 400 game millstone. Sorry, milestone. Milestone player Fadge led us to believe had played 13 of the best 15 seasons out of him and the milestone game 1 subject. Or something like that. So Mr Significant was playing his 400th here. Main board led me to believe he plays for the club with the biggest and most loyal following. The match is between last years premier and a top 4 team from last year. One is needing to win to keep finals hopes alive, the other needs to win to make a good thing of the double chance top 4 finish. All to play for. Beautiful pre-spring evening. Main board says biggest rivalry in sport, other rivalries in footy not on same scale. People's champion, much loved and admired. Great chance to see Scott on field lead in the way only he can, while making time stand still and never making a wrong choice ball in hand and the people love him and he is playing on next year and can lay for as long as he likes he is that good. And he has a perfect family, never had so much as a parking fine. And does as many interviews as you want. What a guy. What a club. What a game.

Result: 86,187

I mean if Rolf Harris had a bring your 13yo daughter to get a photo sitting on his lap day more people would show up than that.

Wtf is going on here? Why was I lied to? We need to discuss what this antarctic blue whale is doing in the room. Something doesn't add up here. We need to have a congenial conversation about this. :)

Last edited:

Was there actually really 86k there?

Word has it Andrew called in a favour from the Police Inspector to round up the usual suspects after the game started and have them walk around in circles in the turnstiles to keep them ticking over to give some sort of respectability to the crowd figure.

But main board told me Richmond supporters were just making excuses for a lowish crowd on a Thursday night v Port Adelaide, Pies would draw a huge crowd.

So it can't possibly be that.
I gave a possible explanation in case people were actually interested in why, But it was clear from the first post this was a pretty lame troll attempt.

I gave a possible explanation in case people were actually interested in why, But it was clear from the first post this was a pretty lame troll attempt.

Can you support your assertion with any meaningful crowd figures comparing the 2 timeslots?

I mean Scott Pendlebury's 400th on a Saturday night in a fixture between the reputed biggest rivalry teams, in a must win late season game for both teams....are you saying the sole reason 6000 more showed up for a virtual dead rubber match between bottom 5 teams was the timeslot?

Not sure that makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Major Milestone Crowds. Wassup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back