Make no mistake - Eagles injury problems are the worst the AFL has ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to compliment the non-Embers, non-weagles_fan, non-GoldenSky Eagles supporters in this thread, good attitude to have.

How is denying we have major injury problems a good attitude? That to me would seem like a very stupid attitude to have.

We have key players not at full form. Fact. We're not saying we should have won, or won by 20 goals, but just noting that injuries did play a part. Any sane person would do the same.

All we heard throughout the off-season was WCE greatness and how they were about to build a dynasty with such scary depth. Where is that depth now???

So if Adelaide and St Kilda get rattled by injuries which potentially cost them flags it's 'choking' but when the same thing happens to your team you come on here whinging?

Dare I say it, is it time for "the picture"................?

No, not THAT picture, this one:

wambulance.gif

All we heard throughout the off-season was WCE greatness and how they were about to build a dynasty with such scary depth. Where is that depth now???

So if Adelaide and St Kilda get rattled by injuries which potentially cost them flags it's 'choking' but when the same thing happens to your team you come on here whinging?

Dare I say it, is it time for "the picture"................?

No, not THAT picture, this one:

wambulance.gif

Its injured mate. Stars are injured is fine. The problem arises is when there replacements are also injured

Move on from defending my club. Maybe your a pushover and unpassionate but thats not me

Defending your club against who? No one was attacking your club.

You just decided to start a thread after a loss whinging about your injuries being the worst the game has ever seen which is not only a ridiculous exaggeration, but makes you appear like an ungracious and undignified little sook.

You're not defending your club at all. You're actually doing your club and your fellow supporters a great disservice with threads like these.

injuries cripple players careers and teams seasons.
What else is new?

Chris Judd should be happy he got to show people how good he is before he became a shadow of his former self.

Defending your club against who? No one was attacking your club.

You just decided to start a thread after a loss whinging about your injuries being the worst the game has ever seen, which is not only a ridiculous exaggeration, but makes you appear like an ungracious and undignified little sook.

You're not defending your club at all. You're actually doing your club and your fellow supporters a great disservice with threads like these.

Why is Judd playing was mentioned a dozen times during the coverage and it has been since day one. People are attacking the club for playing him. They need to realise. We have no choice

Embers is just a very different sort of person. :cool:

Cut him some slack, okay ?

Better still, cut the rest of us Eagles supporters some slack. :)

Why is Judd playing was mentioned a dozen times during the coverage and it has been since day one. People are attacking the club for playing him. They need to realise. We have no choice

You had a choice. Your selection committee just banked on the fact that a 50% Judd was better than the alternative. And he probably was, he didn't do too badly considering.

How is denying we have major injury problems a good attitude? That to me would seem like a very stupid attitude to have.

We have key players not at full form. Fact. We're not saying we should have won, or won by 20 goals, but just noting that injuries did play a part. Any sane person would do the same.

just don't do it straight after you lost a close game fercryingoutloud. A game in which you held a 4 goal lead in the 3rd quarter, no less...

It's sour grapes. Focus on next week. I'm sure your coach will be.

You had a choice. Your selection committee just banked on the fact that a 50% Judd was better than the alternative. And he probably was, he didn't do too badly considering.

What was the choice. Jamie McNamara was the fit emergency. You think a 18 year old rookie is a choice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say the likes of Hurn Priddis learnt a little bit.

did Hurn learn that a booming kick is useless if it lands on an oppositions chest (Gilmore could of told him that). Or Priiddis learn that the midfield is a hard place to play without Judd and Kerr feeding him the ball? (Headland could of told him that)

what did you get for that?

The Saints lost a preliminary final to Sydney with a few players underdone, if I recall correctly the fact that we had players out or coming back from injury resulted in a firm stance that you don't play finals with players not 100%, apparently at the time injuries were no excuse.

Suddenly the eagles have 30 players injured, wow, something in the back of my mind about heat and kitchens... can't quite remember that quote.

Priddis tonight was shown up as another Des Headland at Brisbane, easy to look good when there are good players to worry about, given a chance to stand on his own and make a name and he wasn't up to it, just like Selwood, just like Braun, just like Embley. Depth, hahahahahahaha.

did Hurn learn that a booming kick is useless if it lands on an oppositions chest (Gilmore could of told him that). Or Priiddis learn that the midfield is a hard place to play without Judd and Kerr feeding him the ball? (Headland could of told him that)

Hopefully. You take paycuts when you realise these things I say :p. Priddis was good tonight though considering he was on one leg. Hurn was a deer in the headlights as was Rosa. Ideally, Fletcher Kerr are fit and these 2 are probably not playing. We dont have the luxuries the other 7 finals contenders do

What was the choice. Jamie McNamara was the fit emergency. You think a 18 year old rookie is a choice?

Is that the McNamara who debuted against the Saints that the commentators were gushing over as another star in the making unearthed by the mighty eagles?

There's your choice right there. Don't blame us if you don't have enough faith in your rookies.

All we heard all preseason was that west coast have the greatest depth in the history of mankind and that your entire 2nd 18 would be walk up starts to any club in the AFL. If you choose to play a half fit Judd instead of trusting one of your rookies don't come whinging to us about it afterwards.

The hole just keeps getting bigger and bigger. When every other post in this topic is against what you are saying, it says alot.

Firstly how can we listen to a think that you say, when the point of first post keeps changing. Firstly its about having the worst injury list ever, then its about trying to reduce injuries. What is your point?

Next, not all your injuries have been on the field. Cousins drug problem didn't occur on the field. Neither did his first hamstring. Judd's problems are from continuing to play when he clearly isn't fit. So its the clubs and Judd's fault for the stage it has got to

As many others have said all teams have bad injury runs, some can still play good football, others can't, its the luck of the draw. Naturally if you have a bad run with injuries you will eventually get a good run and vice versa.

And it's definately not the worst injury list ever, it may be at west coast but that's it. St Kilda would have to go pretty close to having that a couple of years ago. Adelaide and Melbourne this year have been pretty bad.

How about Essendon's in 2001.
Injuries to
-Hird
-Fletcher
-Caracella
-Heffernan
-Mark Johnson
-Dean Solomon
-Michael Long
-Dean Rioli
-Justin Blumfield
-Mark Mercuri
-Joe Misiti
Would you like me to keep going.

One last thing, playing injured players won't get you anywhere in finals. They get found out and struggle and cost premierships, even if they are superstars. If happened to Hird and now its happening to Judd

Hopefully. You take paycuts when you realise these things I say :p. Priddis was good tonight though considering he was on one leg. Hurn was a deer in the headlights as was Rosa. Ideally, Fletcher Kerr are fit and these 2 are probably not playing. We dont have the luxuries the other 7 finals contenders do

What about the players that didn't stand up? The Eagles have been soo good this year because the second tear players have played so well

Stinger, Lynch, Hunter, Cox, Wirrapanda, Staker, Hurn etc. your fully fit players didn't do enough to pull you across the line.

So they dropped a fit Fletcher to play players on one leg???

Seems the game was lost at selection???

Injuries don't determine the result in a game of footy, I recall being told that by Sydney and Eagles fans ad nauseam for the last three years!

Is that the McNamara that debuted against the Saints that the commentators were gushing over? That's your choice. Don't blame us if you don't have enough faith in your rookies.

All we heard all preseason was that west coast have the greatest depth in the history of mankind and that your entire 2nd 18 would be walk up starts to any club in the AFL. If you choose to play a half fit Judd instead of trusting one of your rookies don't come whinging to us about it afterwards.

Eagles do have great depth. Whatver happened to No Judd = No Eagles anyway :D.

You honestly expect the club to pick a 1 gamer ahead of a 25% fit Judd. If it was a bloke like Armstrong ready to go then I understand. But you dont throw 18 year old 1 gamers to the wolves. Judd has more class then that as does Woosha

So they dropped a fit Fletcher to play players on one leg???

Seems the game was lost at selection???

Injuries don't determine the result in a game of footy, I recall being told that by Sydney and Eagles fans ad nauseam for the last three years!

Fletcher ISNT FIT. He has the same problem as Judd. Will have surgery that keeps him out for 3 months soon

What about the players that didn't stand up? The Eagles have been soo good this year because the second tear players have played so well

Stinger, Lynch, Hunter, Cox, Wirrapanda, Staker, Hurn etc. your fully fit players didn't do enough to pull you across the line.

Forgive those 6 players for not beating a 22 man team. Stinger Hurn Lynch Hunter are the only fit 4 players you named

Cox has bad thigh and groin problems, he nearly didnt play. Wirra has groin issues, Staker has shin splints.

You honestly expect the club to pick a 1 gamer ahead of a 25% fit Judd.

No I don't. But having taken that gamble I expect you to not come on here using the fact that you have unfit players in the team as an excuse for losing the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Make no mistake - Eagles injury problems are the worst the AFL has ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back