Remove this Banner Ad

jknothimjustafan

Team Captain
Dec 5, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Who is up for a make or break year in 2012?

Id say (in nor particular order)

M Brown. has to show he can hold down a key def position.
J Jones. has to make his debut and make some sort of impact.
T Swift. has to become best 22 or close to it and have some consitancy in his AFL game.

+ if they survive delisting.

A Strijk. has to become a 4 quarter player and make a hf position his own.
L Stevenson. has the skills but not the hardness, can get this into his game.
C Wilson. has to get his late 2010 form back for an entire year.

Note, I think B Jones and Dalziell will be delisted. Havent listed rookies.

will be masten's 5th year,
needs to show some proper signs as a top 3 draft pick next year.

swift also needs to show some consistency,
cant use that 'adjusting to the pace of AFL' excuse forever.

masten def needs to step up though

would like to see bigger years from mitch brown and sheppard too,
always a tough pill to swallow when its high draft picks that arent playing to their potential

Naita - Injury free, finals experience and another pre-season

Sheppard - Quick, great kick, Over the 2nd year blues, taken at pick #7 in a very good draft

McGinnity - Didnt rate him earlier, still cant kick but he is ferocious inside to the point where youd think about putting him in the square over Priddis.

Naita - Injury free, finals experience and another pre-season

Sheppard - Quick, great kick, Over the 2nd year blues, taken at pick #7 in a very good draft

McGinnity - Didnt rate him earlier, still cant kick but he is ferocious inside to the point where youd think about putting him in the square over Priddis.

I don't think the bolded should be in here. They're not make or break.

Agree with above - though I think Ebert might be OK - showed a little bit this year and is at least more versatile then most of the above.....IMO

Agree with above - though I think Ebert might be OK - showed a little bit this year and is at least more versatile then most of the above.....IMO
If Ebert doesn't play to his potential next year I think the club would be happy to organise a trade (contracts aside cos I've NFI). Not that we're not happy with him, just that these things happen. So not neccessarily a make or break, just a mutually beneficial moving on.

Strijk... definitely. It was said he pushed/negotiated his contract/elevation based on his end 2010 efforts so to now be outside best 25 when most considered him best 18/22, he has some impressions to make.

Hams. Wasn't there a thread stating he'd be in our 10 most important players for 2011?
We still lack someone to crumb packs and run a mock in the forward line. Speculating but I reckon his make or break would come from his end, requesting a trade if he doesn't cement a spot in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i swear that is going to be written on his tombstone one day.

enough excuses. needs to start showing more.

Yep I agree the excuse cupboard is well and truly dry for Chris.
I think we need to accept that Chris is what he is, he is a B grade AFL player who possibly in the right team could play for some time or he could end up an expensive State league recruit for the Eagles or other AFL clubs.

Not sure how many more tricks he has up his sleeve, he is contracted so I guess we will wait and see. But just a B grader in my view with little upside.

Would of had no impact on the result but Rosa should have played ahead of him on Sat

Yep I agree the excuse cupboard is well and truly dry for Chris.
I think we need to accept that Chris is what he is, he is a B grade AFL player who possibly in the right team could play for some time or he could end up an expensive State league recruit for the Eagles or other AFL clubs.

Not sure how many more tricks he has up his sleeve, he is contracted so I guess we will wait and see. But just a B grader in my view with little upside.

Would of had no impact on the result but Rosa should have played ahead of him on Sat

Really? I still do think he can become an A grade midfielder. Has got wonderful hands and a decent kick and is a ball magnet. I feel he just still needs to get bigger. I am really hoping for this kid.

^^ I agree. To resign a guy to b-grade status at only 22 is jumping the gun a bit.
(altho this obv. depends on ones view of what is B/A grade standard)

Although inconsistent, I think he's shown more potential than that.
Yeah he had an average finals series, but so did half the team in reality.

I know he's had time, but give him a decent run of games next year to show what he can do before u write him off.. again.

Really? I still do think he can become an A grade midfielder. Has got wonderful hands and a decent kick and is a ball magnet. I feel he just still needs to get bigger. I am really hoping for this kid.

The only thing Masten is good at is passing the ball off to someone who is under more pressure than himself. FACT

Put it this way,we're not gonna see much improvement with Masten if he's played on a HFF next year.

This about a thousand times. Give the lad a run in midfield and he will improve. Last two games of the H/A season when played in midfield he was up there with our best players. I know it was against Adelaide and Brisbane but still, if it wasn't for him would we have beaten Brisbane??

This about a thousand times. Give the lad a run in midfield and he will improve. Last two games of the H/A season when played in midfield he was up there with our best players. I know it was against Adelaide and Brisbane but still, if it wasn't for him would we have beaten Brisbane??

Not a chance.

If we aren't going to play him in the midfield next year or get him to bulk up i think we should trade him.

We have a fair few players that are being wasted on our list atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Make or Break

Remove this Banner Ad

Back