Make the call...

Remove this Banner Ad

Russia for 2018 defeating England. (the ugly incidents after the Birmingham City vs. Aston Villa game might have just tipped in the Ruski's favour, plus the allure of having it in Eastern Europe could be a plus).

USA for 2022 over Australia (America boasts better time zones, larger streams of revenue, better stadiums, and a gigantic Latino population that will go nuts for the World Cup).

Australia has a good track record in hosting large events, but the tyranny of distance should prove costly.

England
Australia

Facepalm at Prince William. "I'm planning a rather big celebration next year myself"

Smarmy, arrogant gobshite.

Facepalm at Prince William. "I'm planning a rather big celebration next year myself"

Smarmy, arrogant gobshite.

To be honest, I think he was just trying to be humourous, it perhaps didn't come across as well as it could have, and yes it does seem to take after his father, being a bit uptight and haughty compared to younger brother. That said, Harry, who takes after his grandfather, is a bit of loose cannon, and would have been half likely to dress inappropriately or throw out ethnic slurs had he been the one making the presentation. ;)

I thought that Qatar would go well (as Bozza said about William Hill's & Paddy Power's odds about the 2022 World Cup, "...they rarely get it wrong"). But, I thought the the USA would win because the ramifications of having it in Qatar would be enormous, and there would be enough arm twisting by Blatter and Co. to tip it over the edge for the Yanks.

Russia, I'm not surprised at, but I am surprised at how badly England went, they were beaten by the Belgians and the Dutch for god sake!, but as Leonard Cohen once sang "...everybody knows that the dice are loaded, everybody knows that the good guys lost"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Make the call...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back