Discussion Make Yourself Known! *New Posters*

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

This could probably go in the RCT, but since I've messaged a few of the new folk welcoming them and more new names keep popping up I figured we may well have a thread to say hello!

So!
Tell us a little about yourself!
What brought you to this board?
What are your first footy jumper memories?
What got you interested in footy jumpers?
What jumpers (if any) do you own?
What would you like to know more about? We have a wealth of information!

I'm coming up to my 10th anniversary on this forum which is scary, so to see so many new names pop up before our 'Christmas' is wonderful!

For all us 'old' folk, lets share a bit about ourselves too!
(I remember a young Gibbsy as Gibbsyspin_)

'Ave at it x

Excellent idea! I've been on here for nearly 7 years but I'll share a bit to get the ball rolling.
I joined this board in 2013 as a little 10 year old (almost 11) after trawling through some results on google images. I think seeing the modern shield logos for the newer clubs was what initially caught my interest but I actually registered after seeing a "Worst Footy Jumpers Ever" thread.
I don't have an early footy jumper memory, as a young one I was probably more interested in the logos and I would try to paint them when I got to paint at kinder. I think the earliest jumper memory would be seeing the jumpers Mero put in AFL 2007 on PS2 and being quite intrigued by all the different jumpers each team had worn. Being on the board itself and entering competitions was really what furthered my interest into the jumpers side of things.
I have a moderate collection of footy jumpers, mainly stuff I find at op shops these days (believe me, there's been some decent finds) so mostly retail jumpers, but I'm mostly into Port Adelaide stuff.

Hey guys,

This could probably go in the RCT, but since I've messaged a few of the new folk welcoming them and more new names keep popping up I figured we may well have a thread to say hello!

So!
What would you like to know more about? We have a wealth of information!

I'm coming up to my 10th anniversary on this forum which is scary, so to see so many new names pop up before our 'Christmas' is wonderful!

For all us 'old' folk, lets share a bit about ourselves too!
(I remember a young Gibbsy as Gibbsyspin_)

'Ave at it x
There have been a lot of new faces recently. Good idea TLL.

I am a Collingwood-supporting 19 year old living in Melbourne. I'm just about finished with my first year of my Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Deakin Uni, so soon I'll have time to do a lot more of the things I like such as playing video games, designing, maybe get on with my passion to film, watching sport, playing sport, and many other things I seem to always forget when listing my hobbies.

Saw my brother magpienato designing footy jumpers for this cringe site and thought, hell, why not (Enter: Cleveland Cannons :drunk:)
I believe I'd made it on this site sometime beforehand after looking at clash jumpers on google images.

2007 Semi Final Coll v WCE, distinctly noticing how white our jumper looked amongst the excitement of my first, an only so far, extra-time final.

Probably noticing the distinction between a teams' normal home jumper and their clash, such as Collingwood, along with all the one-off jumpers worn over the years. I'd search up "AFL clash jumpers" on google after those kind of games and just get lost in it haha

120956712_3639934939391539_4169752114095345187_o.jpg

Although I don't post often, I thought I'd add my two cents.

I'm a 37-year-old father of four (married 15 years) living in good old WA. I work in IT at a local council and prefer dealing with computers rather than humans ;-) Although I love my Eagles I try as much as I can not to be one-eyed, as I genuinely just love the AFL as a whole (except the administration, they can get stuffed). I'm a mad sports fanatic, and follow pretty much every major sports league on the planet, although Formula 1 is easily my second passion alongside AFL. In my downtime I'm usually in front of a screen, either playing games on my PC or streaming something.

You can thank Mero for that! After Uni I wanted to make my own website and did so (the link is in my sig). Given my love of sports I made this my focus and needed graphics to go with it. I stumbled upon footyjumpers.com, asked permission to use the graphics, and incorporated them in my own way. Somewhere along the way I found this board and followed the footyjumpers.com thread so I could keep up to date with new and updated jumpers. From there I started lurking the other boards/threads and continue to do so today.

When I was much younger I loved watching footy with my dad. Somewhere along the way we created a game where we would ironically pick the winner based on aspects of their kit (i.e. watching Hawks v Pies, we'd remark "the team in stripes will win"). I sometimes still do this just to get a wry smile in return.

Given I found this board first, my interest in footy jumpers came from you guys. Over time I learnt the lingo, voted in polls, and generally appreciated the fine work you guys churn out again and again. My opinions aren't aligned with most of you (sorry, but the PB is overrated and number panels mostly suck) but I now notice and appreciate (or cringe) at aspects of jumpers I never noticed previously.

I don't own any jumpers, but have started a collection of merch (polos and shirts). A few years ago I managed to go to the ANZAC Day game with my dad, and had to buy an Essendon shirt as a souvenir. From there I've added items from Adelaide, Brisbane, Fremantle, GWS, Port and Richmond, with more to come.

I'm a 25 year old Aus/Brit who works in the entertainment industry (or what will be left of it)

Like most of us, I 'think' I found it via Google Images

I remember after I moved here (or just before on a holiday) going to a Tigers/Eagles game with them in the Ochre and thinking it was cool.
I also remember everyone in the stand making fun of it.
I also remember being really annoyed we lost the Nike sponsorship and TAC on the front in 2005 as I just got a replica jumper and it was outdated haha

Typical kid who drew jumpers at home, both AFL and Premier League

Somewhere I have my original TAC jumper at my folks place.
Now, a KooGa brand tigers jumper with the Jeep heatpressed on, last years home (I won it signed from the BF Player Sponsorship) and a ochre from Freight Train.
I also have 2 or3 different Newcastle jumpers I run in

I guess this is my cue

Tell us a little bit about yourself!
I'm a 17 year old North supporter originally from Adelaide, now living in Darwin. I mainly follow AFL but I do check in on the SANFL, BBL and NFL every now and then. Outside of sports, I enjoy a bit of gaming.

I was looking for some guernsey ideas that I could mod into AFL Evolution when I stumbled upon a few portfolios from the board. One thing led to another and now I'm here.

I can't exactly remember, but I think it had something to do with wondering why Glenelg and Richmond had the same guernsey.

Seeing all the different designs and opinions from everyone on this board has made me want to make my own designs and share my own opinions.

Currently my guernsey collection is quite small, with only North's 2017 Home, their 2018 Away and last year's Bounding Roo.

What would you like to know more about?
I don't have any burning questions, except for maybe the board's obsession with the ochre guernsey.

G'day legends! I noticed a lot of new names popping up on the threads over the past few days so I thought why not create an account myself and get stuck into these discussions. Funnily enough, I've been scrolling the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board religiously since 2009. I created an account about 7 years ago from memory and posted a few of my original guernsey designs. Although about 2 months later I one day forgot my login details and have been all over the forums without an active account (due to sheer laziness). I'm familiar with most of the names and people on here. You're all superstars, and I'm so grateful to share this space with people who have the same obsession as me - There isn't many of us :sunglasses:

Righto, in regards to the questions TheLoungeLizard, here we go!

A 22 year old sport, craft beer, and Esplanade Hotel (ESPY) fanatic. In an ideal world I would be 9 months into a trip around the world due to my love for travel but sh*t happens and here I am finally writing on a BIGFOOTY thread! Yeeew! In all seriousness, like I said professional sport is my main purpose. I'm a diehard Carlton fan, my dad and I have been members for 16 years, I'm also a foundation member of the Melbourne City Football Club. Also privileged to have followed Chelsea FC since the age of 9. Lastly, I'm a passionate Miami Dolphins and Oakland Athletics fan. To a lesser extent I follow the Melbourne Storm, next year I'd love to heavily invest some time into getting to know more about the game of Rugby League and the Storm.

My love and passion for footy jumpers and more specifically the designs of them. At around the age of 11 I was searching the web for a place where I could learn as much about footy jumpers as possible, while also finding a place where I could appreciate the guernsey designs of others, because I was sick of looking at my sh*tty designs.

My first footy jumper memory was 'designing' a Collingwood jumper on MS Paint. I remember the design vividly. It was a predominetly white guernsey with literally just their 04-17 logo in the centre, with black side panels :grimacing:

My love for design in general. I'm fascinated By logos etc etc... I've been interested in footy jumpers since such an early age that I used to base my weekly tips off which teams guernsey I liked better :tearsofjoy:

I'm actually not much of a jumper collector, although I have about 7 Carlton guernseys. I also have a Fremantle '13 home, a Port Adelaide '14 home and a GWS '19 home. I have these interstate jumpers because my mates and I go to all prelims in Melbourne that feature an interstate team, and support them at the Melbourne based teams' cheer squad end.

Once again guys, thanks for having me. Lets get stuck in! :thumbsupemoji:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi, i'm dylan

finding nemo sharks meeting - Google Search | Nemo, Finding nemo, Shark

"hellllloooo Dylan"

19 year old from Tassie. North Melbourne supporter. Sports nerd. Lakers supporter in the NBA, Raiders supporter in the NFL and started to get into F1 early this year. Love Sports history and keep and eye on the VFL, SANFL and WAFL.

Love sports graphic design.

Not sure, probably a north jumper of some sort.

Just the love on the sport and all the unique design.

20201014_193332.jpg

Hey I'm Andy, 24 years old from South East South Australia. Live on a farm, love playing soccer and a big collector.
I think I was around when this board first started with my old account SAAndy, so I remember being one of the first users. I guess I always had a fascination with jumpers and I was into using Photoshop when I was 14 or so.
Stumbling across footyjumpers.com and attempting to make my own jumpers as a 12 year old. However I used to draw jumpers previous to that.
Learning the obscure and one off jumpers from Mero's website. I have never been one to be fascinated by home jumpers.
I have over 100 jumpers since I started collecting 2 years ago. Here are the players from South East SA.

I nearly have ever sublimated 90s design, these pics are a bit outdated now

What would you like to know more about?
Where I can find jumpers for my collection! Any help is appreciated, especially for my local players collection.
limestone coast afl.jpg

The new poster I would love to hear from: SunsphereParker

Aha sure! I'll take a seat around the fire.

I'm a Brit currently living and teaching in Shanghai. Born and raised in Leeds but a supporter of Everton, where I had a season ticket for a few years. I have a soft spot for the Suns as underdogs but I'm really more a fan of the sport than of any particular club. The username isn't related to the footy team, but rather a Bart Simpson quote from an epsiode I was watching whilst registering to the site.

I actually got into BigFooty as a result of China really. Virtually anything else I use the web for is blocked over here. I think I found the FJGD forum from Bing Images (the pain is real) when looking up a new soccer logo, and found it's one of the few sites of any interest I can browse whilst on the subway or during lunch etc. (I'm unable to use a VPN on data.) I actually didn't really know that much about Aussie Rules before FJGD, but have slowly gotten to the point where I follow AFL second only to Association Football, after lurking on this board the last year - very much a nuffie though. (I wonder if there's any other posters who got into the sport through Big Footy as opposed to vice versa?) When Covid hit and settled itself out here, I thought I'd try my luck having a practice tinkering with graphic design, signing up to the site and maybe having a go at some of the competitions for something to do during the lockdown. Almost cancelled the Illustrator subscription after a painful first week, but I'm glad to have had a bit of a hobby come out of it now at least, and hope I can enter some more competitions.

This board. The more I read the portfolios, discussions, alternate histories etc. the more enamoured I became with the culture and particularly design element of Aussie Rules I guess.

I bought a North bounding Kangaroo from a Chinese site. Its probably fake, but it seems alright, and I wear it to the gym.

The username isn't related to the footy team, but rather a Bart Simpson quote from an epsiode I was watching whilst registering to the site.
This is a perfectly cromulent way of coining a username

Aha sure! I'll take a seat around the fire.

I'm a Brit currently living and teaching in Shanghai. Born and raised in Leeds but a supporter of Everton, where I had a season ticket for a few years. I have a soft spot for the Suns as underdogs but I'm really more a fan of the sport than of any particular club. The username isn't related to the footy team, but rather a Bart Simpson quote from an epsiode I was watching whilst registering to the site.

I actually got into BigFooty as a result of China really. Virtually anything else I use the web for is blocked over here. I think I found the FJGD forum from Bing Images (the pain is real) when looking up a new soccer logo, and found it's one of the few sites of any interest I can browse whilst on the subway or during lunch etc. (I'm unable to use a VPN on data.) I actually didn't really know that much about Aussie Rules before FJGD, but have slowly gotten to the point where I follow AFL second only to Association Football, after lurking on this board the last year - very much a nuffie though. (I wonder if there's any other posters who got into the sport through Big Footy as opposed to vice versa?) When Covid hit and settled itself out here, I thought I'd try my luck having a practice tinkering with graphic design, signing up to the site and maybe having a go at some of the competitions for something to do during the lockdown. Almost cancelled the Illustrator subscription after a painful first week, but I'm glad to have had a bit of a hobby come out of it now at least, and hope I can enter some more competitions.

This board. The more I read the portfolios, discussions, alternate histories etc. the more enamoured I became with the culture and particularly design element of Aussie Rules I guess.

I bought a North bounding Kangaroo from a Chinese site. Its probably fake, but it seems alright, and I wear it to the gym.
Another Brit!
Geordie here, although been settled in Australia long enough the heaviness of the accent is mostly gone

A combination to Mero with Footyjumpers and seeing Lmachdaddy's incredible designs inspired me to take it up. By the way, can't even tag him, is his account cooked? Sad times.

The Ochre.

See above.

See above above, and others.

I am Mero. I live in Vancouver Canada, though I grew up a Vander Haar torp from Windy Hill. I put together and still manage a website called www.footyjumpers.com I believe I have every jumper ever worn documented. Currently I am working on the SANFL jumpers.

Getting in trouble with my mum for drawing "mud" on a footballer I'd drawn, with her eyebrow pencil.

I know Mr Eagle, electronically, but outside of this forum. He advised me in 2003 that people were using my designs to argue about Collingwood wearing a Clash jumper. I got involved in the discussion.

I have never known a time when I wasn't, so I can't really say if there was a specific moment.
Maybe I was just born this way.

Game worn Essendon #10 from the 80s
Player Issue NSW State Team #25. 1993

A combination to @Mero with Footyjumpers and seeing Lmachdaddy's incredible designs inspired me to take it up.
I can't wait until we see our first user arrive after lurking for a year after having found the board due to Freight Train's ISC WCE mockups

Ah yeah I hear you, same here. Teaching American English to Chinese 3 year olds and you kinda have to lose the Yorkshire tongue some way or another.
Aussies think I sound British and Brits think I sound Australian

Totally threw me when I was back there last time, the first day everyone asked me about Australia, because of my Aussie accent, but I knew within about a week the accent was coming back thick and fast

Also if I drink it gets heavier haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Make Yourself Known! *New Posters*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back