Makybe Diva > Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Helix said:
Anyone here alive back then?? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Everybody talks about Bradman and Phar Lap with great reverence. Who cares if it was a long time ago, it doesnt mean it didnt happen! The fact that nobody could beat or equal it in 90 years makes the feat all the more remarkable. Almost as good as the Diva!

hotpie said:
Everybody talks about Bradman and Phar Lap with great reverence. Who cares if it was a long time ago, it doesnt mean it didnt happen! The fact that nobody could beat or equal it in 90 years makes the feat all the more remarkable. Almost as good as the Diva!
yeh but there were what like 6-8 teams? and it wasnt even professional.
4 in a row then is barely equal to back-to-back now.

konstas_87 said:
yeh but there were what like 6-8 teams? and it wasnt even professional.
4 in a row then is barely equal to back-to-back now.

Bradman only played against 2-3 teams and his feat is not looked down upon. Lee Freedman made the VRC water the track to suit his horse - how professional is that?

Takes 6 months, + pre season stuff to win a Premiership, how many minutes to run round a paddock?

Toots Hibbert said:
We're posting in a thread started by one of your own bringing up a horse race in order to belittle the achievements of Brisbane. You responded to a post of mine taking issue with that and pointing out that to claim Collingwoods achievements as the greatest is false.

...and then your argument dried up and rolled away. Or do you still think the Adelaide cup is the same as the Melbourne cup?

Toots Hibbert said:
You brought in John Cahill to try and fix the Colliwobbles. That he failed where Hafey also failed says something about Collingwood and not Cahill.

..yeah it says heaps that Hafey made 5 GF's in 5 years and Cahill took the team backwards. Jack Cahill sure fixed the Colliwobbles, we never lost a GF under his leadership!

In terms of sporting greatness, Port are a wonderful side for a provincial minor league. They don't rank with Brisbane 2001-3, Collingwood 1927-30, or individual greats like the Don and Big Red.

Cyclops said:
In terms of sporting greatness, Port are a wonderful side for a provincial minor league. They don't rank with Brisbane 2001-3, Collingwood 1927-30, or individual greats like the Don and Big Red.

Port rank up with Vermont as one of the great suburban football teams.

Johnson#26 said:
I doubt it. Pretty hard to compare - as they say, apples and oranges...

But FWIW, Collingwood 1927-1930 > Brisbane 2001-2003. :D

Nup. Amateur suburban competition back then. Like comparing Sheffield shield vs test performances. Or club motor racing with Moto GP and F1.

Johnson#26 said:
I doubt it. Pretty hard to compare - as they say, apples and oranges...

But FWIW, Collingwood 1927-1930 > Brisbane 2001-2003. :D

You saw all 7 premierships, to compare them, I presume??

Remove this Banner Ad

Makybe Diva > Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back