Mal Michael PSD ?

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of the dodginess factor, I think this one is on the level - though I can understand why Brisbane are pissed - ?

It smells bad- Michael gets excited again after watching the Grand Final, and retires on Oct.4. Whats happened to our alleged re-building.

Dempsey might want a lower number.

Don't think Dempsey's fussed on numbers, if i recall correctly he changed with Slattery because Slats didn't want an odd number.

Is this done and approved by the AFL, is Michael officially a Bomber? Just want peace of mind lol

Don't think Dempsey's fussed on numbers, if i recall correctly he changed with Slattery because Slats didn't want an odd number.

Is this done and approved by the AFL, is Michael officially a Bomber? Just want peace of mind lol

Well I guess he isn't officially a Bomber until draft day.

But the AFL have given us the all clear and they have permitted him to start training with us. So it doesn't look like there will be any problems with us drafting.

The only thing that could potentially stop this is if Carlton do a backflip and take Michael instead of Ackland. But that's unlikely.

As for Dempsey, you could be right. Although now that he's debuted in that number, he may not want to change.

I hope he toes the line at training- we don't want players calling the shots about training and where they want to play ?

Seeing as we have two of the best 5 defenders in the comp can we please refrain from the bleating about our supposed weak backline and this ludicrous campaign to draft Hansen at pick 2.

Thankyou.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have committed themselves to Ackland so they won't backflip.

Yeah, I understand that. But he isn't officially a Blue until draft day.
Whilst it's extremely unlikely, there is potential for it to happen.

Imagine Fletch at CHB and Lucas at CHF. We're only ever two kicks from goal.

Yeah, I understand that. But he isn't officially a Blue until draft day.
Whilst it's extremely unlikely, there is potential for it to happen.

Imagine Fletch at CHB and Lucas at CHF. We're only ever two kicks from goal.

Is Fletch comfortable away from FB ?

Is Fletch comfortable away from FB ?

I guess it depends who we are playing. If we are playing a team with a recognised CHF then you would think Michael would play CHB on the likes of Brown, Tredrea etc.

But if we are playing a team without a recognised CHF I can't see why Fletch couldn't play basically as a half-back flanker. He reads the play beautifully.

Fletch gets lost when he plays on blokes that run both ways. Blokes like Miller at Melbourne, Hansen at WCE etc only run up the ground, that don't double back, back inside 50. No reason why he can't play on and dominate these kinds of players.

I guess it depends who we are playing. If we are playing a team with a recognised CHF then you would think Michael would play CHB on the likes of Brown, Tredrea etc.

But if we are playing a team without a recognised CHF I can't see why Fletch couldn't play basically as a half-back flanker. He reads the play beautifully.

Fletch gets lost when he plays on blokes that run both ways. Blokes like Miller at Melbourne, Hansen at WCE etc only run up the ground, that don't double back, back inside 50. No reason why he can't play on and dominate these kinds of players.

Time to think at the Linc.

Seeing as we have two of the best 5 defenders in the comp can we please refrain from the bleating about our supposed weak backline and this ludicrous campaign to draft Hansen at pick 2.

Thankyou.

You really dont know squat about Hanson do you?
Why would we still not need to draft a highly skillfull agile running tall who can play CHB/CHF or has played in the middle at stages. What is ludicrous about it?
What makes you so sure that the game wont change again and all the angry short people you would have out on the ground wont be needed?
Hanson is not just a CHB he he a Goodes type player (not saying he is going to be as good ) he has played several roles in the under 18's. He isnt simply just a CHB.
Are you saying that the game has no place for mobile talls now ?

You really dont know squat about Hanson do you?
Why would we still not need to draft a highly skillfull agile running tall who can play CHB/CHF or has played in the middle at stages. What is ludicrous about it?
What makes you so sure that the game wont change again and all the angry short people you would have out on the ground wont be needed?
Hanson is not just a CHB he he a Goodes type player (not saying he is going to be as good ) he has played several roles in the under 18's. He isnt simply just a CHB.
Are you saying that the game has no place for mobile talls now ?

You do realise you just described Mark Bolton's characteristics pre the 1997 draft.

Thrilled to get Mal - can finally look forward to playing Port Adelaide without getting palpitations RE Tredrea.

In terms of the dodginess factor, I think this one is on the level - though I can understand why Brisbane are pissed - but I think it has the potential to open up a can of worms for the future. Next time around Everitt will simply retire in order to chase a premiership. Mind you Sheeds has done similar before with ex-Bombers - Shane Heard, Daisy Williams, Paul Salmon - so I really think that Mal retired of his own volition and Sheedy subsequently had one of his 'chats' with him. I don't know how the AFL would go about preventing the abuse of this sort of move - if a player retires during contract and is released by the club, he is then bound to that club in case of a comeback for the duration of the would be contract, with the club having to use a 1st round PSD pick on him?

Were those players uncontracted ? Thats the difference here.

It aint rocket science. Once you "retire" you cant play for another 3 years. Pretty easily fixed. Or existing club has first option on you.

jlc

You do realise you just described Mark Bolton's characteristics pre the 1997 draft.

So just because his junior record sounds like Boltons he is a dud? Have you even checked out Hanson stats? Have you even seen him play? they are all there to at vic footy. I dont recall Bolton ever being descibed as one of the best contested marks to come out of the draft.
I am not saying he is certain to make it but then no one else in the draft is either. What you can say is that given just about everyone has him rated as a top five pick so he is a better than average chance og being more than a Mark Bolton. Trust me he isnt simply a slow backman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mal Michael PSD ?