Mallee Football League 2009 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

That would be Corey Waldron (ex Kalkee), Brian Harrison (ex Pimpinio & Kalkee) and Tim Broadbear (ex Laharum). All pretty handy pick ups for JR.

thats them yeah i have seen corey waldron play he is hard at the ball and Brian Harrison is freakish they should do really good in that league i think i dont know the laharum guy tho?

It was reported just a few days ago in the Wimmera Mail Times that he would be playing (not coaching) at Hopetoun. Other Hopetoun recruits include Marcus Burdett, Francis Kelly (ex Imperials) and Daniel Fraser (ex Imperials). Leigh Hutchinson will be coach.

Marcus burdett is playing for hopetoun oh geez he is lowering his standard he will kill it in that league

That would be Corey Waldron (ex Kalkee), Brian Harrison (ex Pimpinio & Kalkee) and Tim Broadbear (ex Laharum). All pretty handy pick ups for JR.
Broadbear is ex J/R and i get a feeling waldron played there as a young bloke. I've seen harrison play and he goes alright. How well has corey recovered after breakin his leg or whatever he did last year?

connick to play at Ouyen with O callaghan. Big dollars but will be worth every cent if he kicks a ton this year. Tansley Hill to coach Walpy but have herd the adelaide boys wont be back and will be missed as have put in a massive effort to travel for the last 4 years. Josh stone maybe also off to Geelong which will be another huge loss.

connick to play at Ouyen with O callaghan. Big dollars but will be worth every cent if he kicks a ton this year. Tansley Hill to coach Walpy but have herd the adelaide boys wont be back and will be missed as have put in a massive effort to travel for the last 4 years. Josh stone maybe also off to Geelong which will be another huge loss.[/quote]

I think you will find Josh Stone is in Swan Hill, has a plumbing job associated with Tooleybuc/Manang so he is playing with them this year.:thumbsu:

Broadbear is ex J/R and i get a feeling waldron played there as a young bloke. I've seen harrison play and he goes alright. How well has corey recovered after breakin his leg or whatever he did last year?

well i have been talking to a few people in horsham and they said corey has been training really well but i guess we will see what happens same with harrison he has been trying to put in a good pre season he will be good i also heard that justin chilver is connected with harrison and waldron and could be playing as well would that be correct?

connick to play at Ouyen with O callaghan. Big dollars but will be worth every cent if he kicks a ton this year. Tansley Hill to coach Walpy but have herd the adelaide boys wont be back and will be missed as have put in a massive effort to travel for the last 4 years. Josh stone maybe also off to Geelong which will be another huge loss.

Put Connick down for 120 goals. Too footy smart and tall for any full back down there. If Hahnel goes home, between Hahnel and Ryan o'cal they will be landing the ball on his head every time

Hey guys was jst wondering how Luke Werner from J/R goes? What kinda footballer is he? inside or outside? thanks for the help,

aswell as Glen Joyce,Robbie Millar and Sonny Lindsay returning,Ouyen would have to be fav's at this stage with Sea Lake losing the 2 Weekleys&Sutton&Walpy losing the Adelaide boys.

Predictions for 2010

Sea Lake
Ouyen
J/R
W/U
Hopetoun
Beulah
W/L

Thoughts?

Hmm, think you might have underestimated Beulah, would probably had them top 3 above J/R and W/U apart from that I reckon u've got it bout right. Sea Lake might slip back a little, Ouyen will be better. W/L probably won't win many, but they'd be hoping to win one to improve on last year.

How many have started pre season? and what sort of numbers are turning up?

Marcus burdett is playing for hopetoun oh geez he is lowering his standard he will kill it in that league

Apparently may be bringing some handy recruits with him from the same league. Hopetoun could look alright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

woomy have signed a few from swan hill apparently Jason Kruiger one apparently. Ouyen have a heap of quality recruits in Connick, Ryan Ocalaghan, sonny lindsay, a new bloke to the area that is currently playing at st Marys in Darwin also had a few years on the western bulldogs list. Also probably the best onballer in the comp Marc Hahnel coming back. the only position they lack is a quality ruckman but with there onballers should not be a problem. Walpy may have picked up Markam from red cliffs. Beula has scott smith coachin with a few of his mates coming with him as well. any other news out there

Sea Lake wont get within 10 goals of Ouyen this year. Ouyen on paper would be close to making the 4 up here(SFL) this year.
So your saying that Ouyen are a 95pt better side than they were last year, or are you expecting Sea Lake to be a few goals worse off?:confused:

Ouyen may have signed some great players - but with 2 x Jardines, O'Bree and Antstey all leaving it means they needed four good players to stay at the same level. I still haven't heard if their coach from last year is playing on or his brother so they have a few gaps to fill. It will be interesting this year because the old Southern Mallee hates it when the Northern Mallee is strong.

not sure of the spelling of his name but did a bloke by the name of Ash Daniny play in this league, and how did he go ?

not sure of the spelling of his name but did a bloke by the name of Ash Daniny play in this league, and how did he go ?
Ash Dedini played with Woomelang in this league bout 4 years ago, he was a handy player that loved doing the flashy stuff, e.g goals from the boundry, snappin over the shoulder. He had the potential to win games, saw him kick 6 in the last quarter one day when it was pourin rain. But in my opinion wasn't quite as good as his brothers Mick and Nigel. Don't get me wrong he is pretty handy and is a great bloke off the field too.:thumbsu:

Taking a look at online clearances and there are some big ins at both J/R and Beulah:

J/R Transfers In

Tim Broadbear
Justin Chilver
Robert Mcallister
Ben Schilling
Corey Waldron
Peter Weir

Beulah Transfers In

Adam Carter
Brad Shannon
Darcy Shannon
Scott Smith

With Connick coming to Ouyen they have to be the front-runners for now though. If it is true that more are to come from Mildura then they will have a fairly handy side. Look for Hopetoun to be better this year too with the Burdett's on board.

I expect Walpy to come right back to the field this year and to finish well outside the four. Don't be surprised to see SL/N/B/C fall back into the pack as well. At the moment here is my guestimate at the ladder:

Ouyen
Beulah
SL/N
J/R

Hopetoun
Walpy
W/L

Thoughts?

Taking a look at online clearances and there are some big ins at both J/R and Beulah:

J/R Transfers In

Tim Broadbear
Justin Chilver
Robert Mcallister
Ben Schilling
Corey Waldron
Peter Weir

Beulah Transfers In

Adam Carter
Brad Shannon
Darcy Shannon
Scott Smith

With Connick coming to Ouyen they have to be the front-runners for now though. If it is true that more are to come from Mildura then they will have a fairly handy side. Look for Hopetoun to be better this year too with the Burdett's on board.

I expect Walpy to come right back to the field this year and to finish well outside the four. Don't be surprised to see SL/N/B/C fall back into the pack as well. At the moment here is my guestimate at the ladder:

Ouyen
Beulah
SL/N
J/R

Hopetoun
Walpy
W/L

Thoughts?

heard Woomelang chasing mutiple tooley manang players budde?Pratt?hesllops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back