Mallee Football League 2009 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

Gained: Ryan O'Callaghan/Mark Hahnel/Ashley Connick/Sonny Lindsay/Glen Joyce just to name a few. :confused:

You look at what other clubs have lost and gained say Sea Lake & Walepup, Ouyen are miles in front. Beulah would be a close second with some quality recruits!!:eek:

On Walepup they recruited Simon Markham from Redcliffs but unfortunately he was involved in a truck accident last weekend and is in Adelaide hospital with some nasty injuries. Not likely to play may games this year!! All the best pup hope ya get well soon.............:thumbsu:

So that would have them similar to last yr then? also i hear damien hall is out for awhile needing an operation?

Gained: Ryan O'Callaghan/Mark Hahnel/Ashley Connick/Sonny Lindsay/Glen Joyce just to name a few. :confused:

You look at what other clubs have lost and gained say Sea Lake & Walepup, Ouyen are miles in front. Beulah would be a close second with some quality recruits!!:eek:

On Walepup they recruited Simon Markham from Redcliffs but unfortunately he was involved in a truck accident last weekend and is in Adelaide hospital with some nasty injuries. Not likely to play may games this year!! All the best pup hope ya get well soon.............:thumbsu:

How old is Connick now? is he still producing?

not sure of his age but can still produce kicked 5 or 6 in a half today in a praccy against ultima. joyce was impressive too ouyen won by about 27 goals any other news on practice matches

didnt think Joyce done much.the two standouts were Marc Hahnel and Corey Gregg,aswell as Connick up forward.Sonny didnt play. Ouyen's midfield is going to be hard to match.

Just wondering, a club in our League (Hills League in SA) has recruited a couple of players from Walpeup-Underbool from the Vic Mallee League. Names are Joshua Charles and Nikolas Malinovski.

Any feedback ? Can they play ?

Cheers

OOOhh yeah!! I can vouch for that (if its the same Matt "Maverick" Mellington you're talking about).

I remember back when I was a big headed 16 year old playing for W/U, thinking I could puff my chest out & ran at him in a contest. He saw me coming, planted his feet & gave me the biggest shirt front Ive ever copped. In which I thoroughly deserved.

I also remember him having a severe dislike for W/U back then on the field, but off the field, he was the nicest bloke, even took us down to Melbourne or a junior W/U - Ouyen footy trip. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yep, Matt Mellington. Scariest bloke I ever played against on the field. One of the nicest blokes off it though. I remember one day he took our ruckman, who was a skinny little bloke, and literally threw him over the fence onto the bonnet of a car. The thing about Mav was though, he wasn't dirty; just as tough as buggery!

Just wondering, a club in our League (Hills League in SA) has recruited a couple of players from Walpeup-Underbool from the Vic Mallee League. Names are Joshua Charles and Nikolas Malinovski.

Cheers
not sure how strong ur league is but both went really well here

Cheers

From the few times I saw em, Charles is a big ruckman, very dangerous forward, huge kick. Malinovsk is super fit, super quick ...can cut up a backline.

yer ur rite Matt was a tough bloke altho i did only see him play for a bit over a year and he wasnt that dirty but again your rite he was a bloody nice bloke off the feild and i was friends with his son who is also a nice boy aswell:)

Premiers: Ouyen
Wooden Spooners: Woomerlang/ lacelles
League Medal: Ryan o' callaghan
Biggest Improver from 09: ouyen
Biggest Slider from 09: sealake/ nandaly
Goal Kicker: Ash connik 80 +goals
Most expensive team: Ouyen
Most under-rated player: Keiran o' Shannesy
Most over-rated player: ??
Most loyal player in the league: Jarrod Munro
Toughest bloke in the league: Glenn Joyce
Biggest Sook in the league: Corey Gregg

Any practice match results in the lead up to the season? I know that J/R had a run last weekend but not too sure how they went. Promises to be an interesting season!

Beulah played Tatyoon on the weekend and had a comfortable win. Was a good hitout, a few of the new/returning local boys played well - Brad Shannon and Jason Turnbull. I think this season will be the closest the competition has been for a very long time, this will no doubt spark a lot more interest within the communities and surrounding areas!

League Medal: Ryan o' callaghan
Biggest Improver from 09: ouyen
Goal Kicker: Ash connik 80 +goals
Most under-rated player: Keiran o' Shannesy
Most over-rated player: ??
Toughest bloke in the league: Glenn Joyce
Biggest Sook in the league: Corey Gregg

Good to see you are not one eyed at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

League Medal: Ryan o' callaghan?
Biggest Improver from 09: JR
Goal Kicker: robert lindsey?
Most under-rated player: marc hahnel
Most over-rated player: ben zanker
Toughest bloke in the league: kane munro
Biggest Sook in the league: jason hahnel

ive heard on the vine that josh plozza could be coming back to ouyen to have a run this year. while he still is going to school in ballarat, any one else heard this

League Medal: Ryan o' callaghan?
Biggest Improver from 09: JR
Goal Kicker: robert lindsey?
Most under-rated player: marc hahnel
Most over-rated player: ben zanker
Toughest bloke in the league: kane munro
Biggest Sook in the league: jason hahnel

i was reading through a couple of posts recently and there was something on s lindsay, is he contracted to someone in bendigo and wants to play with oyen, will they need to pay out the contract for 2 years...

i was reading through a couple of posts recently and there was something on s lindsay, is he contracted to someone in bendigo and wants to play with oyen, will they need to pay out the contract for 2 years...

How are Hopetoun/Yapeet shaping up this year?

Yep, Matt Mellington. Scariest bloke I ever played against on the field. One of the nicest blokes off it though. I remember one day he took our ruckman, who was a skinny little bloke, and literally threw him over the fence onto the bonnet of a car. The thing about Mav was though, he wasn't dirty; just as tough as buggery!

yea he might of been tough, but also liked to gun kids, that was until a couple year ago a young 17 year old corey stadon took him out, went off the field hurt, havent seen him play since

yea he might of been tough, but also liked to gun kids, that was until a couple year ago a young 17 year old corey stadon took him out, went off the field hurt, havent seen him play since
all the stadons combined wouldnt have retired big mav . just think he was gettin on and got too busy when he moved down horsham way. dont no if hes playin down there or not

How did all the new recruits go? Connick, Linday, Hill, Markham? Beulah had a big win who are the guns down that way or was it more the opposition not up to it?

How did all the new recruits go? Connick, Linday, Hill, Markham? Beulah had a big win who are the guns down that way or was it more the opposition not up to it?

Connick ok, Lindsy too heavy and out of touch, only goal he got was when oppostition kicked it out to him after a behind, Markam good, Hill needs more, ran around a lot but waisted the ball a bit, Vorwerk excellent, slorach good, Ryan Oc very good. Local players were still the better ones and goes to show that bigger leagues are no better than ours, they just have better numbers all the way through. Brady from wenty had an off day too.

Very good assessment there greyhound. Lindsay would have to feel very guilty putting his hand out for the cash after the game. Gonna be a very expensive 2nds recruit for a few weeks while he is back in the 2s to get some fitness and touch back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back