Mallee Football League 2009 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

Still a few weeks left before the end of the H&A season left, am intersested on peoples thoughts on

Seniors B&F:
Runner Up:
2nds B&F:
Runner up:
Unders B&F:
Runner Up:
Which sides will be in G/F?
Seniors
2nds
Unders

not sure (particularly with unders) but I'll have a bit of a go hook foot

Seniors B&F: Ash Clugston (may be hard for him but would be in the votes every week I'd say)
Runner Up: Luke Nathan, Tom Hallam or Col Durie
2nds B&F: Scott Clarke (maybe not the fairest though but is killing them)
Runner up: John Guthrie
Unders B&F: Dallas Willsmore
Runner Up: Trent Donnan
Seniors Roos and Tigers
2nds Dees and Tigers
Unders Dees and Lakers

Still a few weeks left before the end of the H&A season left, am intersested on peoples thoughts on

Seniors B&F:Jake Anstey
Runner Up:Ash Klugson Dale Shannon
2nds B&F:Scott Clarke
Runner up:Fel Cua
Unders B&F:Trent Donnan
Runner Up:Dallas Willsmore
SeniorsTigers and Ouyen
2ndsOuyen and Tigers
Unders
Ouyen and Jeparit

Ouyen and Jeparit

senior b& f ;anstey, clugston
r/u;dale shannon
2s;scott clarke
r/u;dont no but certainly not fel cua only played about 3 games all yr
unders;trenter donnan
r/u;a smokey josh coates depending on if he plays some more games for votes cant c dallas doin much if he cant get in walpys best
seniors gf ouyen sealake with tiges to win
2s ouyen sealake with ouyen to win
unders ouyen jeparit with ouyen to win
gl to all 4 rest of yr and hope every1 gets thru un injured

Can anyone tell me dates and places for the finals??
No mention of them on the Mallee FL Webpage or Country Footy Scores.

Thanks.

hey can anyone tell me about the umpires around the traps... from wat i saw at the sea lake & ouyen game was a terrrible, the bald headed bloke that runs around with a whistle n doesnt let the game go on was discraceful! worst ive seen in a while... can anyone tell me if sea lake looks like being upseted when it comes to that one day in september? which team looks best for doing so

hey can anyone tell me about the umpires around the traps... from wat i saw at the sea lake & ouyen game was a terrrible, the bald headed bloke that runs around with a whistle n doesnt let the game go on was discraceful! worst ive seen in a while... can anyone tell me if sea lake looks like being upseted when it comes to that one day in september? which team looks best for doing so
yes i agree the umpiring was terrible.. i think that ouyen will be there in september.. they could give sea lake a good run.. i dont think that walpy will even be considered because of there form this year...

yes i agree the umpiring was terrible.. i think that ouyen will be there in september.. they could give sea lake a good run.. i dont think that walpy will even be considered because of there form this year...

i disagree donald, sea lake are miles ahead of the rest and the only team that may get a sniff at the flag would be walpeup.
who does everyone think the best players in the comp are?
my top 3:
liam barry
luke nathan
leigh hutchinson

"hey can anyone tell me about the umpires around the traps... from wat i saw at the sea lake & ouyen game was a terrrible, the bald headed bloke that runs around with a whistle n doesnt let the game go on was discraceful! worst ive seen in a while... can anyone tell me if sea lake looks like being upseted when it comes to that one day in september? which team looks best for doing so"

Umps... dont get me started BUT we gotta have em. Its interesting when you talk to other clubs supporters about em and everyone agrees that their team gets a hard time from em. In other words they are sh...house for both teams.
Sea Lake for mine, good running side, well led, seem to be on a mission.
Walpy need to get back Travis latta, the coach and Paul Brown as well as some run to be a chance. Otherwise its the O'Bree and Anstey versus Sea Lake show for mine.

i disagree donald, sea lake are miles ahead of the rest and the only team that may get a sniff at the flag would be walpeup.
who does everyone think the best players in the comp are?
my top 3:
liam barry
luke nathan
leigh hutchinson
do you know what you are on about.. ouyen have beat walpy 2 times this year once by a point and the other by 5 goals.. get real

do you know what you are on about.. ouyen have beat walpy 2 times this year once by a point and the other by 5 goals.. get real

that may be so, but ouyen will crack under pressure,
good to see your getting behind your home side? (location: walpeup underbool)
it doesn't really matter sea lake will take out the flag by a country mile

that may be so, but ouyen will crack under pressure,
good to see your getting behind your home side? (location: walpeup underbool)
it doesn't really matter sea lake will take out the flag by a country mile

Bit hard to work the last couple of posts out boys. Who is the Walpy bloke and who is the Ouyen bloke or do you both come from Walpy Underbool?

Sea Lake for me, I want whoever will make it a good granny to get in against them. Not sure if that is Ouyen. might be Beulah???

Bit hard to work the last couple of posts out boys. Who is the Walpy bloke and who is the Ouyen bloke or do you both come from Walpy Underbool?

Sea Lake for me, I want whoever will make it a good granny to get in against them. Not sure if that is Ouyen. might be Beulah???

its a long story,
yeah i reckon the grandfinal spot may be up for grabs now, surely sea lake are in it and probably will win it, but after beulah performance on the weekend its really up for grabs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its a long story,
yeah i reckon the grandfinal spot may be up for grabs now, surely sea lake are in it and probably will win it, but after beulah performance on the weekend its really up for grabs

Love a long story, maybe Donald is an ex Walpy player or Walpy resident now with Ouyen perhaps??????? Heard there was a bit of pre-season argy bargy

Sea Lake having a great run with injuries which you need to have to win the big one. Walpy get back some names in the runup to finals I back them to get in, they dont get them back I just dont know.

I believe that Walpeup Underbool are still the best side in the competition. They will beat Beulah then defeat the loser out of Sea Lake and Ouyen in the preliminary final. I think the final 4 are even and while my tip is W/U I reckon it could be anyone's flag for the taking!

I think sea lake are the side to beat, lots of depth with weekly to come in, especially if final is on a big ground, quick side. Smaller ground would help the cause of the other sides with talls though, big ground hard to see the tigers get rolled. Simon weekley to come in could be good for them could be bad for them? might throw out there structure or might make them a 5 goal better side, only time will tell, both w/u and beulah need to play them again yet.

I think sea lake are the side to beat, lots of depth with weekly to come in, especially if final is on a big ground, quick side. Smaller ground would help the cause of the other sides with talls though, big ground hard to see the tigers get rolled. Simon weekley to come in could be good for them could be bad for them? might throw out there structure or might make them a 5 goal better side, only time will tell, both w/u and beulah need to play them again yet.

This week will reveal a lot. SL got run over in 4th Q first time against WU. WU got runover in 4th Q last time. Like to see who WU have got playing before I make a call, but SL to win because of better runners for me.

is it just me or does it look like hopetoun are trying to push the coleman barrow? the kid can play but to have 4 or 5 best on in ones and not be able to get in the best in unders doesnt make sense to me. just wondering if they are trying to look good for future prospects or am i just being cynical? in the game against ouyen he played alright certainly didnt stand out head and shoulders above anyone else and got best on[1st goal must count for alot i spose]

is it just me or does it look like hopetoun are trying to push the coleman barrow? the kid can play but to have 4 or 5 best on in ones and not be able to get in the best in unders doesnt make sense to me. just wondering if they are trying to look good for future prospects or am i just being cynical? in the game against ouyen he played alright certainly didnt stand out head and shoulders above anyone else and got best on[1st goal must count for alot i spose]

he sits on the pine in the unders, maybe has a run for 5 minutes in the first quarter

he sits on the pine in the unders, maybe has a run for 5 minutes in the first quarter
bit harsh on some poor kid thats played all year to get dumped in finals to let someone that really doesnt sound like a team player in for the glory games.but suppose it happens everywhere.

bit harsh on some poor kid thats played all year to get dumped in finals to let someone that really doesnt sound like a team player in for the glory games.but suppose it happens everywhere.

coleman is a team player, it's not his fault the seniors dont want him to get hurt playing in the unders.
if it was up to him he would be playing both games.
It is unfair, but like you said it happens everywhere.

coleman is a team player, it's not his fault the seniors dont want him to get hurt playing in the unders.
if it was up to him he would be playing both games.
It is unfair, but like you said it happens everywhere.
why play unders at all then if hes so important to the seniors, as if hes only playin 5 minutes its not like hes contributing to the team too much. as far as i can see there is a lot less chance of gettin injured in unders than ones

why play unders at all then if hes so important to the seniors, as if hes only playin 5 minutes its not like hes contributing to the team too much. as far as i can see there is a lot less chance of gettin injured in unders than ones

so if the seniors dont make finals, he can play finals in the unders.
he doesn't play to contribute, he plays so he can qualify for finals and if the seniors dont play finals, he can play finals in the unders, like i already said.
im sure if you were to ask the hopetoun under 16 coach he would rather have a side with schache on the team then without him.
do you know he was BOG in last year's unders grandfinal?

he doesn't play to contribute, he plays so he can qualify for finals and if the seniors dont play finals, he can play finals in the unders, like i already said.
im sure if you were to ask the hopetoun under 16 coach he would rather have a side with schache on the team then without him.

Plenty of kids have played unders and ones over the years but it is a bloody big ask to do it consistently. Trent Donnan done it most of this year. The better player you are the bigger ask it is to play 2 games because you get plenty of touches (and knocks) in the main game.
If i was a parent of a kid playing 1's I would be asking them to go easy on game time in unders too.
Willsmore from Underbool played a couple in the 1's this year I think, and he is only 13 or 14. Got a lot of footy ahead of them.

Plenty of kids have played unders and ones over the years but it is a bloody big ask to do it consistently. Trent Donnan done it most of this year. The better player you are the bigger ask it is to play 2 games because you get plenty of touches (and knocks) in the main game.
If i was a parent of a kid playing 1's I would be asking them to go easy on game time in unders too.
Willsmore from Underbool played a couple in the 1's this year I think, and he is only 13 or 14. Got a lot of footy ahead of them.

well it was good that hoptoun handled coleman the way they have, as he has had boarding committments in ballarat, school footy, the u/16 north ballarat rebels games, plus all his training and games for vic country u/16s, he has had quite the work load.

he doesnt play to contribute? really sounds like a team player. as far as bog in last years grand final i've stated in an earlier post that lucas cook was absolutely robbed of best on.sorry to upset you spidercoleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back