Mallee Football League 2009 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

Only have to look back a couple of years ago after ouyen beat walpy in the second semi and reckoned they had the grail in the cabinet. this isn't the first time they claimed the big one a bit early...

Only have to look back a couple of years ago after ouyen beat walpy in the second semi and reckoned they had the grail in the cabinet. this isn't the first time they claimed the big one a bit early...

dont no who said ouyen/walpy/sunraysia[ur quote greyhound] would claim the GRAIL .but it certainly wasnt me . i stated that after they had played sea lake and walpy/underbool/adelaide [u again greyhound] we would see where they are at

dont no who said ouyen/walpy/sunraysia[ur quote greyhound] would claim the GRAIL .but it certainly wasnt me . i stated that after they had played sea lake and walpy/underbool/adelaide [u again greyhound] we would see where they are at

Your right, you didn't mention it but morat posted:

The Sonny has long well set in Ouyen and will no longer rise to shine. What you hear and what you see are quite often a long way from reality. A new era has began in this most famous town and in its Centenary Year the Holy Grail is once again in reach. Also sometimes a gun can run out of bullets..case in point!

i agree with you crassher, they might have to wait til they play tigers and roos before they get too excited. the next 2 weeks will show where they are at.:thumbsu:

Not aimed at you crasher, just a general comment tacked behind your quote.
I think we all agree that the top 3 need to hit out against each other to find where they stand. The others are not the bench mark at the moment.

Anyone heard who is in the interleague team? The training squad seemed to have a few big names missing. Dan O'Shan for one. Josh charles and Nick whatshisname from WU as well.

Anyone heard who is in the interleague team? The training squad seemed to have a few big names missing. Dan O'Shan for one. Josh charles and Nick whatshisname from WU as well.

Is it Mallee V North Central seens its the first time apart since Jesus was a pup....

Nah, playin against Horsham District league @ Horsham.:thumbsu: Probably @ city oval, but i'm not sure:confused:

Looks like we got beat by Horsham Districts. didn't see that many big names in best players. Must be saving themselves for the big games coming up at home.
Fair enough too, clubs dont raise money to get a gun in just to see him do a knee in a match of no importance to the club.

Looks like we got beat by Horsham Districts. didn't see that many big names in best players. Must be saving themselves for the big games coming up at home.
Fair enough too, clubs dont raise money to get a gun in just to see him do a knee in a match of no importance to the club.

fair comment this,i thought jake percy was best(interested to know were he comes from)dale shannon had heaps of it but his disposal constantly lets him down and the blonde headed ruckman whose name eludes me was very good in the first half,has a ripper leap and it was no coincidence when he wasn't in the ruck horsham got on top.

Now ouyen may know where they are situated after the beating at the hands of the tiges. To be brutally honest they looked slow and on the weekends performances a few of the boys need a good look inside themselves.They are certainly going to need some improvement if they want to challenge walpy underbool this week. On a brighter note at least the seconds and unders got up for good wins.

Now ouyen may know where they are situated after the beating at the hands of the tiges. To be brutally honest they looked slow and on the weekends performances a few of the boys need a good look inside themselves.They are certainly going to need some improvement if they want to challenge walpy underbool this week. On a brighter note at least the seconds and unders got up for good wins.

Daniel Cook has left and put in a clearance for Geelong way, he was a pretty handy footballer who they will miss.
I thought they had too many players who didn't get too many kicks fullstop.
Their good players are carrying a few freeloaders I reckon.

Sea Lake could easily be the pick of the bunch though, should have beat WU when they played, had a great lead and blew it.

Also have Simon Weekley and Bill Barry still on the list.

I think you will find that Bill Barry played on the weekend. Can't imagine Weekley would play many games for them though.
Sea Lake are going well but we did see them choke when it counted last year. Walpeup the side to beat- good side who will get another couple before the end of June!!!

the Sea lake side this year is a very different one to last year, with an injection of players that have played in winning g/f sides. this should help with their little problem of last year. Also i think they may have had a few too many players carrying injuries coming into last years g/f which didn't help. what ever happens hopefully it is a closer g/f this year than last year.

I have heard Cook left ouyen due to "female troubles"....

the Sea lake side this year is a very different one to last year, with an injection of players that have played in winning g/f sides. this should help with their little problem of last year. Also i think they may have had a few too many players carrying injuries coming into last years g/f which didn't help. what ever happens hopefully it is a closer g/f this year than last year.

I have heard Cook left ouyen due to "female troubles"....

I heard he had a broken hand from motorbike accident, dont know about the other...

...also heard the story around Ouyen today that the Sonny may well have not set in Ouyen after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will find that Bill Barry played on the weekend. Can't imagine Weekley would play many games for them though.
Sea Lake are going well but we did see them choke when it counted last year. Walpeup the side to beat- good side who will get another couple before the end of June!!!

He only needs to be available around finals time to make a huge difference. SLNT wouldn't hesitate to drop someone for a key forward in finals would they??

I heard he had a broken hand from motorbike accident, dont know about the other...

...also heard the story around Ouyen today that the Sonny may well have not set in Ouyen after all.

You seem to be the only person pushing for this, as you also posted something similar on sunraysia's forum. i would have thought that ouyen have enough quality players without adding the loose cannon back into their ranks. As good as player as he has been, maybe that is all he is now...

As for Sea Lake dropping someone for Weekly, why wouldn't you? i think even the person who got dropped for him would be happy, they love him at tigerland!

[/b]

You seem to be the only person pushing for this, as you also posted something similar on sunraysia's forum. i would have thought that ouyen have enough quality players without adding the loose cannon back into their ranks. As good as player as he has been, maybe that is all he is now...

As for Sea Lake dropping someone for Weekly, why wouldn't you? i think even the person who got dropped for him would be happy, they love him at tigerland!

Agreed- mad if you didn'y play him- great player who has been with them on and off for a few years now. Would imagine he is also pretty fit.
Sonny an interesting one- could be what Ouyen need but could also be detrimental to the club. Will have to wait and see what happens there.

Agreed- mad if you didn'y play him- great player who has been with them on and off for a few years now. Would imagine he is also pretty fit.
Sonny an interesting one- could be what Ouyen need but could also be detrimental to the club. Will have to wait and see what happens there.

If Ouyen are waiting around on that washed up, never-was Robert 'Sonny' Lindsey then they should have a good look at themselves. Here is a bloke who has never put anyone but himself first and I dare say he couldn't give two hoots about Ouyen Footy Club. If Ouyen really 'need' Sonny then bugger me, they must be up the creek.

Contrast Lindsey with a top bloke like Simon Weekley, a fella i'd gladly give my spot to any day of the week. Weekley has a proven track record both on and off the field. 5 years ago, when I knew him, Lindsey was great on the field but possibly the biggest w***er in the world off it. Ouyen are wasting their time.

[/b]

Certainly NOT pushing for this to happen, not a big fan at all, but did hear the story from Ouyen people and wondered if anyone in footy circles heard it. esp Sunraysia people. Has only played one seconds game for South, so what is he doing is? Injured, cracked 'em...

Simon Weekly, great player no doubt. Would be one of first picked in any mallee club.

Certainly NOT pushing for this to happen, not a big fan at all, but did hear the story from Ouyen people and wondered if anyone in footy circles heard it. esp Sunraysia people. Has only played one seconds game for South, so what is he doing is? Injured, cracked 'em...

Simon Weekly, great player no doubt. Would be one of first picked in any mallee club.

What a truck load of shit dissux. Who are the Ouyen people you have heard from.
This fella would be as welcome as Ben Cousins at a "role model camp".
The Sonny has set in Ouyen, so stop raining(pissing) on their parade.. in the towns Centenary year.
And the fact that he has played one seconds game tell you something......... Oh Shit he would be cherry ripe to go back into the fray...........NOT!:thumbsdown:

Sea Lake are going well but we did see them choke when it counted last year. Walpeup the side to beat- good side who will get another couple before the end of June!!![/quote]

Please enlighten me to whom these coupla extras are????news to me but will keep a listen out.!

Sea Lake are going well but we did see them choke when it counted last year. Walpeup the side to beat- good side who will get another couple before the end of June!!![/quote]

Please enlighten me to whom these coupla extras are????news to me but will keep a listen out.!

Dom Leach!!! HAHAHA

17 year old Lucas Cook is back in for hopetoun this week, going home for the long weekend with a week off TAC cup for the rebels, the AIS academy player would surely be playing in the 1's.
Would be great to get down to watch one of the AFL future stars in action even if they are playing rainbow'

What a truck load of shit dissux. Who are the Ouyen people you have heard from.
This fella would be as welcome as Ben Cousins at a "role model camp".
The Sonny has set in Ouyen, so stop raining(pissing) on their parade.. in the towns Centenary year.
And the fact that he has played one seconds game tell you something......... Oh Shit he would be cherry ripe to go back into the fray...........NOT!:thumbsdown:

It got said... I heard it.... In Ouyen newsagency, 2 people talking. Sposed they were locals. Might not be, didn't ask for their licences but really couldn't give a shit if they were locals or not, they said it, I heard it, I typed it, end of story. Couldn't give a gypsy's toss if it was true or anything else. It got said!!!

why you fired up so much??

It got said... I heard it.... In Ouyen newsagency, 2 people talking. Sposed they were locals. Might not be, didn't ask for their licences but really couldn't give a shit if they were locals or not, they said it, I heard it, I typed it, end of story. Couldn't give a gypsy's toss if it was true or anything else. It got said!!!

why you fired up so much??

Your not hearing this........but your reading it..........your story is crap........
not true......false......won't happen....end of story!
Perhaps stick to just reading the papers from the newsagency instead of listening to these ill informed people. Herald Sun and Age normally only print factual info, give em a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back