Mallee Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
imran said:
Could not agree more. Sonny Lindsay is the best footballer I have seen in a country football league in the last fifty years. It is worth the money to get in the gate to see him play. He is an absolute champion. Very unselfish. He does the team things.

Sonny Lindsay is a gun, but Nigel Didini is way better then him. Both times they played each other Sonny got beaten. In two games he only kicked 8 (5 & 3) goals and he normaly kicks that in one game! Obveisly he is not the best player if he didn't win the b&f this year.

imran said:
Could not agree more. Sonny Lindsay is the best footballer I have seen in a country football league in the last fifty years. It is worth the money to get in the gate to see him play. He is an absolute champion. Very unselfish. He does the team things.
Mate if you reckon Sonnys the best footballer to come out of the Mallee in the last fifty years you hava nt watched much football

I played a few games at Avondale Heights with a guy who played for Hopetoun named Dion,broke his leg & never heard from again.How is going,is he still playing?

imran said:

nah mate he is a good player but it's hard to tell if hes the best player in the past fifty years. have to give credit to nigel dedini from restricting his goals against woomelang. it will be interesting to see how he goes in the next final against beulah or Woomelang in two weeks. Gives him plenty of time for his ankle to recover

i watched sonny turn it on for the port melbourne colts in a grand final in what was the best park team i have seen and in the same year playing for the western region league beat the diamond valley league of his own boot all at the age of 19.one of the best i have seen!

What makes Sonny a great fotballer is not only the goals he gets but the number of goals he gives off and the 1% he does. Not to take anything away from Nigel but having seen the umpiring(and they give B@F VOTES) in Mallee league this year it takes the shine off the B@F.

imran said:
What makes Sonny a great fotballer is not only the goals he gets but the number of goals he gives off and the 1% he does. Not to take anything away from Nigel but having seen the umpiring(and they give B@F VOTES) in Mallee league this year it takes the shine off the B@F.
Fair go mate. He obviously had a great year. Having seen Nigal play a few games i think he is a outstanding backman. He can get angry at times and i could'nt imagine him being one of the umpires favorites. But when you play really good footy they must give votes to who they see was they best players on the ground. Nobody should try take the shine of it!

Well today was an interesting day in sea lake, first off with the under's, a close game between beulah and sea lake, a bit disapointing the beulah didn't win in the end, i hav my money on hopetoun, they have some mighty players.
The seconds once again, i thought beulah would have come out with a win. AND the seniors, what a unexpected win by ouyen. Ouyen are goingto come out strong next week, but woomelang are going to be alot stronger. Well done to all the teams today in the final, and GOOD luck to everyone in the grand final.:thumbsu:

Well done to Belly, Sonny and the ouyen boys on beating beulah and making the grand final. Should be a good game and would think ouyen will take some beating even though they will probably start as the underdog.

I see Beulah lost in all grades of footy. When was the last time they didn't have at least 1 footy side in a grand final.? Would be a few years i would think.

roaring tiger said:
Well done to Belly, Sonny and the ouyen boys on beating beulah and making the grand final. Should be a good game and would think ouyen will take some beating even though they will probably start as the underdog.

I see Beulah lost in all grades of footy. When was the last time they didn't have at least 1 footy side in a grand final.? Would be a few years i would think.

Yeh, Beulah didn't have to much of a good day, yeh i can imagine it would be a while. Just had a look on their site, and they were hopeing for their 4th premership....Looks like that chance is over....:p

with the GF this weekend any one got predictions on who will win and who will get BOG.

ill go with ouyen by 9 points and Ryan McCluggage to get BOG

gault said:
with the GF this weekend any one got predictions on who will win and who will get BOG.

How long has Lugga been back for??
I'll go with James Byrne to sneak forward and kick the winner after the siren, Ouyen by 4 points..

Go Ouyen!!!!!!!!!! What an unbelievable final series. Let's hope the "Ouyen juganaut" continues. Bad luck for Gareth Hose, a good footballer and a good bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gault said:

Ouyen to win just, lead by a best on ground effort by former Lalbert lad Mark Robertson. Good luck Robbo!

I'll take Ouyen with Sonny gettin the Medal.
Any news of injuries before the big game?? Have heard that their is a few Ouyen lads under a cloud. How bout Woomelang

blackbeard said:
I'll take Ouyen with Sonny gettin the Medal.
Any news of injuries before the big game?? Have heard that their is a few Ouyen lads under a cloud. How bout Woomelang

Woomelang had a few injures in the final they played. A concussion and a broken nose i believe but those lads will come back to play in the granny. Im tippin woomelang to win in a tough game. cant wait to see the nigel and sonny matchup. should be a great contest:thumbsu:

I tipp Woomelang/Lascelles by 5 pts :) if its fine Woomelang, if it rains Ouyen and depending who has the best Start

Malee Master93 said:
I recon that Woomelang will come out with the win. i recon that Mick Didini will get best on ground. :rolleyes:
Any truth, that Mick Dedini will be playing for Charlton in NCFL next year?

imran said:
Any truth, that Mick Dedini will be playing for Charlton in NCFL next year?

Its doubtful, he is originally a birchip lad so i wouldnt think you would see him lining up for another side in the same league...

monger123 said:
Its doubtful, he is originally a birchip lad so i wouldnt think you would see him lining up for another side in the same league...
it could possibly happen! he played on permit at the start of the year for charlton so it would not surprise me if he pulled on a navies jumper

sdmlions12 said:
Ouyen will get up late on Saturday...someone in the midfield will have to pick up the medal. Sonny and Belly sure have turned things around up there.

Well OUYEN are premiers in 2006. What a finals series for them. Just made the finals and hadn't beaten any of the sides above them before playing them in the finals.

Sonny BOG by the looks of the score sheet kicked 9 goals what a super performance. Well done to BELLY a great bloke and great coach. One of the best coaches i've ever played under and gets the best out all the team. His first premiership as coach super effort!!

EMMETTS/GOLDACRES MALLEE FOOTBALL LEAGUE ROUND GRAND FINAL RESULTS

SENIORS
Ouyen United 3.1 9.1 14.2 17.3 (105)
Woomelang Lascelles 5.4 7.9 7.11 13.16 (94)

GOALS Ouyen United: Robert Lindsey 9, Wayne Grace, Bill Fishwick 2, Corey Gregg, Jake Vallance, Mark Robertson, Ryan McCluggage 1.
Woomelang Lascelles: Brenton Caldwell 3, Jay Robins, Ash Dedini, Mick Dedini, Rodney Hogan 2, Dean McDowall, Casey Robins 1.
BEST Ouyen United: Robert Lindsey, Ryan McCluggage, Marc Hahnel, Jarrod Munro, Nathan Manzcel, Corey Gregg, Brenton Jardine.
Woomelang Lascelles: Mick Dedini, Mitch Mooney, Alistair Ferrier, Rodney Hogan, Nigel Dedini.

Sonny...what a machine of a footballer! The man is a freak, I remember watching him back in his Nhill days and it was like watching an true superstar out there. There is almost nothing he can't do on a sporting field. Now, that doesn't say much about him off the field, the bloke is a loose cannon to say the least, but once he steps on that field, there are few that come close to him. It'll be interesting to see his next movements, I can't imagine him playing with Ouyen again next year. Top effort by the boys in Ouyen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back