Mallee Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Best & Fairest. Yes, Gareth Hose has played well - but so have many of his team-mates (Credlin, George, Clark, Saunders, Kabia, etc). They will take many of his votes. Woomelang's Dedini boys are fantastic players, all can be standouts on their day. Casey Robbins will get his fair share of votes too. It may be a year for a smokey from either Ouyen or Sea Lake as they have won their fair share of games. Dale Lewis & Sonny Lindsay are incredible players and will no doubt pick up many votes. Walpeup-Underbool / Hopetoun / Jeparit-Rainbow have all got some great players but it's hard to win a medal when you only win 2 to 5 games in a year. Has anyone got any more thoughts on this?

FIT AS A MALLEE BULL

First published by:

Wimmera Mail-Times
Friday July 21, 2006

By Matthew Hillard

Mallee Football League president John Hallam has described his competition as healthy and stable and dispelled fears the league was fragile.
Mr Hallam said he had been disappointed that reports in the Wimmera Mail-Times and WIN television had cast a shadow of uncertainty over the seven-club organisation.
"There is some sort of rumour that has been started up that is trying to undermine the league," Mr Hallam said. "And I'm rather disappointed that people think there is a crisis."
Mr Hallam said while the league was very aware that 30 per cent of the players among the competition's seven clubs were travelling from outside the area, he said it was no different from the situation many leagues were facing.
"All the clubs have made an effort to meet the standard Beulah has set throughout the year," Mr Hallam said. "And they're bringing in good standard players, people who are looking for a change."
Mr Hallam said the inclusion of former AFL players Scott Direen and Dale Lewis in a Sea Lake-Nandaly Tigers team provided an example of the depth of the competition.
Lewis's weekly column in Adelaide's Advertiser newspaper also gives the Mallee League a further publicity boost.
Last week's mid-year delegates meeting, which Mr Hallam strenuously denied was any form of crisis meeting, also decided upon a longer season for 2007.
Instead of this year's 17-round season, next year's competition will have each club playing 16 games over a 19-round season.
"And no club voiced concern about not being there in the near future," Mr Hallam said.

any thoughts on the under 16s b and f in the league????? what will the junior footy be like next year? with many clubs struggling with kids. I think it will be another battle between hopetoun and sea lake in 2007.

locallegends said:
any thoughts on the under 16s b and f in the league????? what will the junior footy be like next year? with many clubs struggling with kids. I think it will be another battle between hopetoun and sea lake in 2007.
yeh young steven peters will go close. but the fav has to be the young fella from Woomelang ummm... Dean Murray i think his name is. every time i see him play he has a real crack. Josh stone will go close as well. but Murray all the way for me.

The Whisper said:
yeh young steven peters will go close. but the fav has to be the young fella from Woomelang ummm... Dean Murray i think his name is. every time i see him play he has a real crack. Josh stone will go close as well. but Murray all the way for me.
\

Ya must of hear the wrong whisper there i heard and think personnally myself eithier Jake Budde or Brandon Stadon(SLNT) or Joshua Gaskin(WL)
ya boy peters will be in wiht a real stab and so will be bill barry i hear

How did ouyen go this week boys?.
How man y did bobby lindsay snag?.
How many is he on for the year?.
Is he leading the goal kicking?.

hilly21 said:
how is jay bett going?

jay bett has a broken arm at the moment so he hasnt played for a while but he is set to make his return in the next 2-4 weeks

Kenny12 said:
\

Ya must of hear the wrong whisper there i heard and think personnally myself eithier Jake Budde or Brandon Stadon(SLNT) or Joshua Gaskin(WL)
ya boy peters will be in wiht a real stab and so will be bill barry i hear

i dont think the young gaskin boy will win he has had trouble with the hamstring all year tweaked her in the in round seven

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DOCKERS said:
Rowett from sea lake is very handy

Does anyone know if sonny lindsay is playing finals, words been going around that he has a court case? is this true?

Haven't heard any of this about Sonny Lindsay. His conduct while at Ouyen United has been spotless, they must be looking after him well! He has had a great year and last week kicked 10 goals 7 points in a losing side. This takes him to 86 for the year with 2 games to go against the two bottom sides + a final, so he will certainly kick over 100 goals for the year.

In my opinion Beulah & Woomelang/Lascelles will play off in the grand final as neither Sea Lake/Nandaly or Ouyen United are good enough to worry the top teams.

locallegends said:
where are all of the finals being held at this year?

The first week is at woomelang and the second is a jeparit. they havnt decided about the third at the moment its at beulah but if there playing in it it could be at sea lake or ouyen. the grand final is at hoptoun

bolta said:
Haven't heard any of this about Sonny Lindsay. His conduct while at Ouyen United has been spotless, they must be looking after him well! He has had a great year and last week kicked 10 goals 7 points in a losing side. This takes him to 86 for the year with 2 games to go against the two bottom sides + a final, so he will certainly kick over 100 goals for the year.

In my opinion Beulah & Woomelang/Lascelles will play off in the grand final as neither Sea Lake/Nandaly or Ouyen United are good enough to worry the top teams.

Yeh sonny linsday is looking good to kick a hundred when was the last time that happened in the mallee league?

Matt Brown from Walpeup/Underbool kicked 100+ in 2001, he kicked his 100th in the drawn first grand final against Berri-Culgoa - they went on to win the replay the next week.
I'm sure Jarrod Arentz from Manangatang would have kicked 100+ once or twice the previous years to this.

Bushy45 said:
Yeh sonny linsday is looking good to kick a hundred when was the last time that happened in the mallee league?

Hope he kicks the hundred as hes a super player and loves his footy. I've also heard that hes been taking charge of training at ouyen on tuesday and thursday nights while belly just coaches on saturdays.

He may be looking for the number 1 coaching gig some where next year. Not to sure where, knowing him he could end up anywhere.

So what are ouyens chances of making the GF??

Kenny12 said:
do not have a clue but a young buck from woomelang Dean murray makes a good bench warmer

yeah hes a real young gun that kid. might be a bit hard for him to make the side considering he hasnt played a game of seniors all year. i think he will stand up next season with some strong pre season training at woomelang:):thumbsu: looking forward to watching young trent donnan in the future. he has been training very well with the woomelang senior boys for a 13 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back